Top positive review
219 people found this helpful
Aurora AS800C Cross Cut Paper Shredder
on 14 January 2011
I needed a shredder to shred the typical household things, like receipts and bank statements, and this does the job, whilst looking good.
- Sturdy and solid build. The head is rather heavy, but has an aesthetic handle at the top to lift it from the bin;
- Nice sleek design (doesn't look "officey" at all);
- Shreds the paper into really tiny pieces, which was a concern with a non-cross cut shredder. If I had hamsters, they would have a happy home;
- It handles many receipts & paper at one go at a good speed - I do not tend to feed it much at one go (just a personal preference), but the heavy head definitely has a manly enough shredder;
- The new engine inside smells quite nice when you first start using it;
- It shreds CDs. It has a nice guard on the CD shredder, too;
- I cannot see any drawbacks to it right now. It's exactly what I needed.
NOTE: When shredding bank statements (around 4 sheets), do not fold them, as this can give the shredder a bit of a hard time. This is NOT the shredders' fault, as it clearly states that it can "only" take up to 8 sheets, which is really great. I managed to temporarily jam it by feeding it a folded 4 sheet bank statement, but it was easily resolved by pressing the Auto and Reverse buttons.