Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 January 2011
First I must declare I am a super fans of Mastero Horowitz. I have been listening to his music since I was a kid and the first records I have of his is the Last Romantic. Although I have got all his recordings, this box set is now selling for such bargain price that appeals me alot. Today I got the items and I must say DG is doing a good job this time. Whoever bought a box set from DG before must know that they only used simply designs with huge numbering on the paper jackets. But this time, they used the original jackets designs, just like the Sony's project.

It comes with a booklet which provides the tracklists and short essays about each recordings.Not to mentions photos are included.

If you tends to get a 'complete' major recordings of the Mastero, buy this set plus the Sony's, you won't regret.
on 21 August 2014
You can't go wrong with Horowitz and Deutsche Grammophon.
The recordings really capture the essence of Horowitz's organic style and it was a bonus to get the digital files included too.
Very pleased.
on 21 October 2013
Spellbinding, but I already have many of the same recordings by him in similar collections and others, including the outstanding Chopin of Moravec. This purchase came from Italy and took forever and I could have paid less for it from Amazon, but the advertising didn't make the source of it clear!
on 24 January 2013
There is a good selection of piano pieces although some were more obscure and less well known. The quality was acceptable and I enjoyed listening to the music.