1,661

on 6 July 2012
Having ummed and ahhhed about buying one of these for some time, I decided to take the plunge. This is an outstanding device and I am dead impresswed with it's functionality. Wifi is available at my workplace, and most places I visit for social reasons tend to have free wifi as well. It is not a device for research or extended web browsing, but is ideal for grabbing information, sending a quick email, and receiving emails. The main reason I opted for an iPod touch is for the wease of use of using Facetime to talk with friends and family both in the UK and abroard. The quality of the picture and sound is fine for video calls.

The iPod Touch charges quickly from a mains charger or using the cable connected to a computer. Typically the battery lasts a few days for me, but if used heavily the battery life is about 7 hours.

A couple of nice surprises too. The Amazon Kindle App works really well - I am astonished that I actually use this more than my Kindle. And using Reader in safari really enables web page content to be accessed.

The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that I miss incoming Facetime calls regularly as I can't hear a ring tone, or hear a notification. I have assiduously been through the instruction manual attempting to find a fix, but to no avail. Online forums also seem to show that this is not an isolated problem.

A fantastic portable device for accessing public wifi hotspots.
on 24 March 2013
If you are looking at buying an iPod touch then you will probably already know all about the features and benefits. So rather than focus on the standard features, I will focus on the features that I went for on this particular 4th generation version when purchasing for my 7 year old daughter.

Cheaper than ipod touch 5th generation.
32GB to be sure there is lots of memory for all those kids games apps & music (Having now used for a while, I reckon 16GB would suffice as this still allows for a lot of apps & music).
FaceTime so that we can see each other when we chat when I am away on business.
Parental controls to set age limits on apps, music, block Internet access etc.
Imessage between Apple products which is free to use.
And to stop her pinching my iPhone every 2 minutes to play Temple Run 2!

If you do buy one, and you have other iPhones, ipods, or iPads, it is well worth installing the "Find my iPhone" app for that inevitable moment when your child can't remember where they mislaid their Ipod. I've had to use it twice already in the space of 3 months and can guarantee that I would never have found the ipod without the app!

Another must is to buy a protective cover to reduce the risk of the screen cracking when it is inevitably dropped.
on 2 July 2013
Very disappointed with the product. You have a 12 month warranty - there is no option to purchase the extended warranty of 2 years, which is a real shame as the screen button on the bottom of the touch just stopped working 15 months later. Apple support was just dire (would love to use much stronger words here...) and I'm now trying to get a full refund off Amazon under Sale of Goods Act 1979. The touch is in pristine condition as it was paid for by my daughter from months of saving...it was her pride and joy.
I expected the product to last longer than 15 months????. So far Amazon don't want to know and Apple's only option is for me to drive an hour to Brighton store and get a replacement for £80.....
on 5 September 2016
Had this for almost 4 years and still going fine, it's great for using and games
on 17 April 2017
works well ,runs out of memory & wont go beyond ios 6 in updates.cant down load latest apps.
on 1 February 2015
it's ok but for all that i use it for but i do find that it's very brittle and can get damaged very easily you would need to buy a case cover for it to make sure that it stays in good condition but even then it can be easy to break
on 30 April 2017
Goods as described, did the job. Quick delivery
on 11 March 2017
Good and slow processor.
on 26 April 2017
Brilliant Item
on 20 January 2014
Great value, bought for my daughter, in hindsight would get the 16GB.

Would definitely recommend and would buy again.

Arrived promptly and well packaged Thank You