Customer reviews

on 15 July 2014
Just doesn't work! It would not pick up two of the strings on my daughter's guitar. It worked fine for the other 4 strings but that's not much use to anybody.
on 16 March 2011
Great little gadget. I have used it on both violin and guitar for tuning. The clip-on idea means I can leave it in place during rehersal this is good for easy use of the metronome. The backlight is good in all situations upto the moment. I always go directly for low to high cost when searching for items. The JMT-9009 lands nicely as a cost effect item to my thought. I could pay a great deal more for something that can't give me much more and I could pay less and not have a metronome-tuner that meets my requirements to a suitable standard.
on 27 June 2011
Wow! Why didn't I have one of these when I was a kid? It clips securely onto the neck of your guitar (or various other instruments - mine's an old guitar), then you pluck any string and it shows clearly the note and which string number this note should be, and how far off it is from the right pitch. That sounds complicated but it's easy! Just tighten or loosen in the direction indicated and when it flashes green, there you go - tuned. Takes seconds. And it's a metronome too... what a marvellous little thing this is!
on 6 October 2014
I have recently started playing in a classical guitar ensemble where quick and effective tuning is a 'must have'. After reading reviews of several of this type of tuner, I bought this one as it had generally good reviews and it also has the metronome feature. I've found it performs well both at home and in the ensemble setting. Occasionally it takes a moment or two to register the correct string, but I've found this can be avoided if you damp all strings except the one you're tuning. I've been using it for a couple of months now and haven't had to change the battery yet.

In use it's sensitive and accurate. The only niggle I have is that one of the buttons is a tiny bit loose and buzzes at certain frequencies. The simple solution is to take it off when you've finished tuning, but this might not suit all users. Aside from this, it does the job I bought it for, so it gets a well-deserved four stars.

From a learning point of view, I strongly believe that there's no substitute for learning to tune by ear, for which the humble tuning fork has never been surpassed, so unless you need this device to assist in the ensemble situation, I recommend you save your money and buy a tuning fork. Parents - this applies especially to your children, for whom IMHO, learning to tune their instrument by ear is a foundational step in developing a good musical ear, from which they will derive more pleasure from their playing at every stage of progress.
on 20 May 2011
Im a novice guitar player and wanted a simple and reasonably priced tuner / metronome. This fits the bill perfectly. There are some functions on here that i don't understand but it works well and was a good price.
on 8 January 2014
This was bought to help out my young daughter with her violin practice. As she gets better at it I am just becoming someone to tap a beat with my feet for her. The metronome on this means I can sit back and listen to the lovely, (if slightly screechy), tones of her music. She can also practice when no-one is available to help her too. And at under £10 it's a bargain.
on 30 May 2013
works really well, has a lot of functions for such a small device. easy to use and means i dont have to mess around with my usual tuner. the metronome also has lots of beats and rhythms. its also loud enough to be heard if playing either acoustically or through an amp at low volume. small and discreet (which is a plus) would recommend.
on 16 May 2013
For the money this tuner /metronome is excellent. The metronome volume is audible when playing loud accoustic, and the functions are easy to understand. The ball joint head means you can position it exactly where you want. Great value for money. Been using the metronome for over a week at 2 hours a time, and battery still good to go.
on 15 January 2013
Amazing tool for the money. OK so a tick rather than a beep would have been better on the metronome but at this price that really is a minor gripe. The tuner works perfectly on my guitar, bass, uke and mandolin and can be calibrated. The rhythms for the metronome are great and the colour change feature is excellent. Buy one now!
on 19 January 2014
The instructions are a bit terse but the tuner works very well. I had thought that it wasn't working at first until I'd set the semitone flat button correctly. Although I haven't really used the metronome function yet, it would seem to work fine as well. I would highly recommend this item.