TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 October 2014
The story is sweet enough. Lola has everything she needs in her life, but a meaningful relationship with the a member of the opposite sex. So when her younger sister plans to embarrass Lola , it's all hands to the pump for Lola's friends to find her a man.

With a simple, cliche plot, that repeats the Wizard of Oz lesson of not looking further than your own backyard, it's the characters who really make this book, and there's loads of them, all well thought out and believable, although not always likeable. For instance, Lola, the main character, comes across as a whiney brat in the first few pages, and is initially quite unlikeable.

However, the book quickly shapes up to look like a real page turner, with the potential for a great ending, where the spiteful sister gets her comeuppance. Sadly that wasn't the case.

The most dramatic occurrence in the whole book is covered so quickly; that what should have been an all inclusive, blast of a climax, is nothing more than a boiled lettuce leaf, as the author seems to chicken out of writing the big confrontation.

It's a happy ever after of sorts for everyone involved, heavy on the cheese and light on the melodrama ... it lacks intensity. Putting it simply, if this book was a ham salad, you'd be wondering where all the meat was once you'd got through the garnish.
on 30 May 2014
I'm afraid I found this lacking in substance and could see the ending from the first few pages. As someone else has said, the last part of the book is very rushed but I kept reading hoping against hope that the author might treat us to a glorious plot twist that would've made the rest worth reading. Sadly, no, and I very much wish I'd given up about a quarter of the way through instead of sticking with it. I usually read a good book in one or two sittings but this took me several days to complete as it just didn't hold my interest for long enough. Although I really didn't like it, I've given it three stars because it wasn't littered with errors and I can see it might appeal to someone looking for an easy read.
on 23 September 2016
A great feel good read with some good twists and turns. Couldn't put it down. Perfect holiday reading material .
on 16 June 2014
This is the second book I have read from Karen McQuestion. And it is perfectly well written and entertaining. The only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 is a matter of taste. I did like the story, but I didn't like the main character, lola (although I assume she is like that to make the story develop the way it has to). The rest of the characters were well formed.
on 8 June 2014
What's not to like about this tale...yes, it has a plot line that you have a good idea how the story will pan out, having said that I did get one of the characters wrong. Alright, it's not a classic, but it is a nice relaxing, un-taxing read.
on 3 September 2016
I chose this book after reading a,sample. It covers the gamut of emotions and is a page turner. Characters beautifully described and lots of twists and turns and I don't want to give anything away. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys good fiction....from twenty something to senior such as I. Heartwarming!
on 15 November 2015
Really enjoyed this book and thought it could have expanded more. Kept me interested and enjoyed it. Not sure about the title!
on 26 October 2015
I Recommend this book for when you want a light read. It very quick and doesn't require any thought. Enjoyable
on 13 June 2014
Great story, easy to read. slightly predictable but was a really charming read.

If you are are looking for a good easy read then this is the book for you.

Single girl, bright, funny but doesn't realise it. Always goes for the wrong guys and doesn't realise true love is right under her nose.

Loved it, read it over a couple of days.
on 4 September 2016
Really colourful characters that you remember long after you read it. I really enjoyed it.