Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 19 January 2011
I originally looked at the larger version of the mount, but after seeing reviews that 32 inch televisions seem to be too small, I purchased this version.

It arrived very quickly, which was handy, as the TV arrived on the same day.

Once out of the box I was happy to see that all the necessary screws, washers, bolts etc were included. Also included were the wallplugs and the necessary allen key.

The mount is very solid and secure and the instruction manual is fairly simple if you are that way inclined. Also there are very few steps, and I had the whole unit including TV up in ten minutes.

My ONLY criticism of the whole thing (and it's a tiny one) is that the instructions say to drill a half inch hole into the wall for the bolts, this is highly unncessary, as the wall plugs will fit into a 10mm (2.5mm less than half an inch) hole without any problem, any more and you would be sticking a pencil in a plughole.

I only ended up using two bolts, as the wall is brick, not plasterboard and I was able to hang my weight off only two without any problem.

This is an excellent product, at an excellent price, simple to set up, works like an absolute charm, and my only criticism is of one small detail in the instructions. Undoubtedly a 5 star product
44 Comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2011
Given the outlandish retail price of most plasma brackets from the usual high-street and av specialists, I was initially sceptical that a £25 item would be up to the job. Though but for a few minor niggles, this is an excellent purchase.

First things first. Ignore the built in 'level'. With the bracket up and square on the wall, the bubble on my unit is right up at one end of the level.

How I fitted:

1) Attach the arms to the TV using whatever hardware is required. (There are screws/washers/spacers for lots of different TV fitments included)
2) Clip the main bracket to the arms and tighten the required screws and knobs.
3) Get someone to help offer the TV up to the wall and mark around the wall plate to get a rough placement.
4) Dismantle again, then take the big front plate off from the wall plate and canti arms using the 5 screws. It's much easier to manoeuvre the backplate without the front attached.
5) Pull out the cantilever arms from the backplate so they are angled out at about 20 degrees.
6) Place up against the wall and put a spirit level on each section of the arms, and adjust until level. The most important thing to get level is the action of the arms as they move in and out. If this is level, then the screen will stay level when you move it in/out and swivel. When you're level, trace the wall inside each of the mounting holes with a pencil.
7) Drill holes for the mounting bolts. I placed one at each corner and 2 towards the centre. I used a 9mm masonry bit, not 10mm as written on the plugs. I also used a larger masonry bit to make a shallow countersink for the flanged end of the wall plugs so they sat flush with the wall. As I was a little worried about the render on my 100 year old walls, I also used 2 larger and deeper masonry bolts in the holes next to the arm pivots. Maybe overkill, but good for my peace of mind.
8) Attach the wall plate using the bolts and washers provided. So long as you drilled the holes in the centre of the tracings, you should have enough wiggle room to get things all levelled-up.
9) Re-attach the front plate and level. When the screws are backed off just a little, the whole plate pivots around the centre one, allowing adjustment.
10) Double check all the screw and bolds are tight.
11) Offer the tv up to the bracket and clip the tv arms on to the front plate.
12) Pray!
13) You may need to adjust the up/down angle to account for some sag, and tweak the left/right angle of the main plate. There was a little twisting of the main plate when I hung my 37" plasma. Only a couple of mil, but it's worth being aware of if you're trying to get the screen close to a counter top.
14) When you've finished adjusting, tighten the screws that fix the tv arms to the main plate.
14) Sit back, relax, and admire your handwork.* :)

I hope this helps someone.

* Or admire an expensive pile of broken electronics if either of stages 7 or 12 weren't completed to the requisite standards for your wall/deity. ;)
11 Comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2015
I've been installing TVs for almost 15 years and in that time I've used a lot of different brackets and hand on heart this is by far the best cantilever bracket that I have fitted! I really wasn't expecting it to be great considering the price but it holds my client's 55" LG TV and soundbar in the corner of his room with ease. A lot of these types of brackets lose their level when you articulate them but this one is rock solid! If I had to find something bad to say about it, it would be that it's pretty heavy and therefore a touch cumbersome to hold it to the wall while you mark out where you're going to drill. Other than that it's perfect! I'll be ordering a lot more soon!
review image review image review image
on 13 July 2011
I bought this to mount my 37" Pansonic Plasma to the wall, with Plasma's being considerably heavier than LCD's and the new ultra thin and light LED TV's I did have some doubts. First thing to note is that the bracket monting system is heavy so when I saw only 6 bolts to mount it to the wall with I wasn't sure it would be enough, especially when I knew there was the weight of the plasma to add onto it too.
It took me approximately an hour from start to finish to mount and fit this item, while it does have a small built in spirit level in the bracket itself I would highly reccomend using a seperate one as the built in one I had was at a slight angle, giving you a false reading. I used the 6 bolts and large raw plugs the unit came with to mount the unit to the wall (a 10mm drill masonary bit is required) and after taking my time to ensure everything was lined up I got to work. I manged to conduct the vast majority by myself although I did get someone else to tighten the bolts the last 3 turns while I held the heavy bracket in place to ensure it was nice and level. You could prossibly do this single handed if you either have the strength or aren't quite as fussy as myself in being assured that alignemnt on the spirit level is as close to perfect as humanly possible.
When I put the TV on the bracket I admit to a small heart in mouth feeling although this was very short lived, it's more than up to the job and was nothing more than myself getting over my own fear or it not sitting on a cabinet and with nothing but air beneath it. I pulled the mechanism all the way out from the wall with my heavy TV attached and there is no sign of any movement in the bolts to the wall, it's certainly assuringly strong and secure. I have seen posts about people using different bolts or extra screws as a "just in case" and if this makes you happy then so be it but the 6 that come with the unit hold my exceedingly heavy old 37" plasma to the wall with ease.
33 Comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2011
**Update** - My youngest now has a new Samsung 32" telly on his bedroom wall - thanks to another purchase of this updated product. This one even came with some washers that I could use to retain the screwheads suppied with the plasterboard screws - but only just - slightly smaller hole diameter would have been better.

I cannot fault this product and have NO HESITATION in recommending it to you. Original TV still on wall, without any 'give'.

**Original review**

My eldest received a 32" Samsung LCD TV for Christmas and decided he wanted it wall-mounted. We have a new build, modern house, traditional build but with plasterboard walls on metal struts. Would the plasterboard hold the TV weight (9kgs)? I wanted a rigid, wide template to spread the weight across the plasterboard, using plasterboard screws. I ordered this product based on the customer reviews and reference to plasterboard walls by one reviewer.
What a great product! Excellent hardware, fittings for every conceivable TV, and a great, well finished mount. I mounted the bracket with 3 evenly spaced plasterbaord screws (wide, plastic corkscrew type retainers, which a screw then fits into) on the top and two at the bottom. The only thing I had to adapt was using washers between the screwhead and the bracket to hold the bracket in place, as otherwise the screwhead supplied with the plasterboard screws were too small to retain against the bracket.
Days later the TV sits proudly on the wall without any evidence of slackening or give in the wall. Result. I would recommend this product to anyone and will order another if and when No 2 son looks towards a bigger telly!!
44 Comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2011
Bought this for a Sony Bravia 40EX403. Was a bit sceptical at first because of the very low price, but after looking at reviews I decided to purchase.
It was dispatched very quickly and arrived even before my TV. The bracket itself is very sturdy, and VERY well made. All the bits and pieces needed to hang nearly any TV are included, along with instructions. The tilt feature is also great, and can be adjusted easily. I have seen wall mounts not nearly as good as this for more than double the price! Overall, I am very pleased with the product, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wall mount. Definitely 5 stars.
22 Comments| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2010
I ordered this bracket and recieved it within 2 days so plus for that. When it came my sister was in to collect it and could hardly lift it, it was so heavy. But at least you know its solid and won't fall apart but i was worried for the wall. You get all fixings with it to mount to wood or brick but since i could only find 1 stud in my wall due to them being to far apart i had to go out and buy the hollow wall fittings which cost around £8. So with the 2large screws you get with it in the stud and 8 hollow wall fittings it seems solid to the wall. Good movement in the swivel etc and easy instructions. It also comes with a small spirit level so if you don't have your own don't worry about it. I would recomend this too most people just be prepared for the weight of it and see how far apart your studs are in your wall's as you may have to add £8 onto the price.
on 4 September 2014
I always read the 1 star reviews first on all Amazon purchased products - it helps me establish the level of consumer intelligence before deciding whether their is merit in the 1 star review. With this particular product, I have found it difficult to rate it other than "exceeded my expectations." The 1 stars seem to mostly involve missing parts or incorrect parts however this maybe due to the tv having a less than universal screwing thread / size in the back (usually samsung tvs) and hence the manufacturer finds it uneconomical to provide these fixtures...

Delivery was good. I received an email from Amazon stating the product had been shipped less than 20 hours after ordering and it arrived within three days of this time, with no aesthetic damage to the packaging.

The actual product box was of low quality and after opening it up the perception of low quality continued as the instruction manual was not particularly comprehensive - some diagrams of contents and further diagrams of where the contents should adjoin. This isn't a particular issue unless you are the type of person that requires full prose of instructions - those with good Lego skills should grasp the concept well.

The bracket itself is light - I was dubious so decided to try and bend it with my bare hands. I'm not the strongest person in the world but gave it a good attack without observing any flex, bend or misshaping - my thoughts at this moment were, "its bloody strong."

Six heavy duty bolts were provided to attach the bracket to the wall. There was not much guidance from the instructions in terms of which holes to put the bolts through so I assumed a nice symmetrical shape would maximise the strength. I know that i have a thin layer of plaster board which covers brick work behind. I used a rather large drill bit to drill the holes through the plaster and through the brick work. The provided wall plugs went in well and the bolts (with normal and 'spikey' washers) were tightened into place.

I then attached the separate tv brackets (which in turn are hung on the wall bracket) without any issues. My tv is a LG 47 inch thin smart. The screws provided fitted the holes in the back really well. Once on, i hung the tv onto the wall bracket and tightened the screws underneath (so the tv cant slide from left to right). I found the angle knobs really easy to put together and they work rather well. All in all its a fantastic product at a great price. I personally can not see why I would want to spend five times as much money for a product that can do the exact same thing. PS, the built in spirit level is great - it is accurate as I checked with my own separate level.

One thing i would add is that the product is not being sold by the long established (kind of :S) UK Habitat company that many British people know well. This is a separate UK Ltd company which sources a lot of products from China however they may well send the specs over to China for production. As the product is being sold in large volumes and thus at speed, there is always the likelihood that manufacturing defects could exist with a chance of missing parts which some reviewers have commented on.

4 stars.... 1 missing because of instructions, but I wouldn't let this stop you from purchasing. If you're no good at simple DIY, buy it and with the money you save, get a professional to fit :)
on 3 July 2016
Had for months woke up to this!!!!!! Tv broke solid oak floor scrapped and dented fire beside it glass scrapped tv unit for sky box smashed phone screen home black. This will not obviously hold a 60 inch slim line tv . been up for months.
To the company who sold this are you going to fix and replace my appliances? ????? DO NOT GET THIS FORA 60 INCH SLIM LINE TV CAUSE IT'LL BREAK YOUR HEART THE DAMAGE IT CAN DO WHEN IT GIVES IN. IT'S BEEN UP MONTHS AND ACTUALLY BOWED AT THE BOLTS. MY LIFE IS NOW A NIGHTMARE. THANK YOU DESIGNER HABITAT FOR SELLING ME AN OBVIOUSLY INFERIOR PRODUCT
review image
on 23 November 2010
I think the person who delivered this to me must have walked away limping as this thing is HEAVY!

Far, far heavier than the 37" Panasonic LCD panel I bought it for.

The mounting screw bolts it came with are beefy and long (2.5"?) but after feeling the weight of this monster I decided they were not enough and I went and bought 4 12mm diameter rawl bolts to make sure that this wasn't going to drop my panel onto the coffee table.

The build quality I would say is generally high. Solid construction, heavy metalwork. The swivel bearing are very stiff - by design possibly so that a heavy panel stays where you position it perhaps - but I really have to wrestle the thing out of its home position when I want to move it - it may ease with use?

Hanging this on the wall is a two man operation because of the weight and because of the offset. The back plate which is fixed to the wall is smaller than the plate which the panel hangs on and it is set to one side - this can make this a bit difficult to hang as I was placing my panel inside a surround we'd had made for the chimney breast and it would have been more useful if the back plate had been the same dimensions as the front plate so one could easily see where the panel would eventually sit.

A word of warning - do not use the bubble level which is attached to this bracket. With the bubble smack in the middle the level was off by a mile and I've found this to be the case with a number of Vesa mounts I've come across. Use a standard spirit level for accuracy.

Even using a spirit level the sheer unweildiness of this thing makes it hard to get the level bang on and I wish there had been a fine adjustment device built into the frontplate which could allow one to rotate the panel a fraction of a degree to get it bang on - but no.

I'm generally quite pleased with this bracket - it seems like good value for money but it takes some thought, effort and some considerable muscle to get it setup properly.
44 Comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse