Colour: Yellow|Change

on 2 August 2011
I wanted a simple gps in terms of front, middle, back of green distances and large numbers due to poor reading sight. Works a treat.
Also attraced by the lifetime membership and 10 courses credits and great overall value of the product.
Had some early difficulty understanding how to use the course download facility and finding where the courses had been downloaded to on my computer before transfering them to the product.....probably due to my basic computer skills! Contacted GoPlanet and they sent me an expanded user manual which really helped me. Have since successfully downloaded more courses....paid for through Pay Pal. Quick and easy to do. Very pleased with the product.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2012
Such a shame as the device is really quite nicely put together but unfortunately there is a major and fundamental flaw. The backlight stays on for far too long. The goplanet web site FAQs state that the backlight will go off after 1 minute of inactivity and will wake when a button is pressed. It also says that it will auto power-off after 30 mins requiring you to power it back up again. Actually, both settings are adjusted via an on-screen manual slider bar but the briefest period you can set the backlight to be on for is actually 10 minutes. As you are required to advance the device manually for each hole you invariably have to press the advance button which therefore wakes the screen if it had gone off and so re-sets the 10 minute timer. As each hole takes at least 10 mins you are committed to 180 mins (18 holes x 10 mins) as a minimum of backlight display when in truth you'd probabaly only need to read the screen for 20 mins per round in total. Such a waste of battery life. I got less than 4 hours. No mention of this in the manual and so far no response from their support team.
on 17 April 2012
I should have known when the instruction booklet gave me the wrong web address at the start! After many hours and trying to speak to a Taiwanese voice mail system I gave up and Amazon took over by refunding me in total. Great job Amazon and that is why I always come back to Amazon to buy.
on 17 July 2012
Purchased this thinking it would be ideal for the golf course. Not easy to use, the instructions are not very good - in so far as it doesn't do what it says. Wish I had purchased something else !!
on 8 December 2011
Downloads to the Mars 100 are a complete nightmare, once you have purchased the courses you just cannot put them on the device!! I cant use the thing and i've had it for 8 weeks.
on 3 January 2011
We bought this for my brother for his birthday. He has registered but it does not seem to pick up any uk courses which seems abit ridiculous if it is being marketed in the uk. We have sent a query to them directly but have yet to hear from them....seems abit random if they dont and also a waste of alot of money as he only goes abroad to play golf about once a yeAR!!!
on 21 May 2011
bought one in early January with lifetime membership and 10 downloads, after researching many different makes. I just wanted a cheap basic model; front, centre and back of the green. the feature that clinched it was the capability to recalibrate it if there were any discrepencies. I eventually got registered and after an e-mail to the support,my download credits were added.Easy to download courses, I asked for 2 courses to be mapped for me, and am still waiting 5 months later(although they said if I mapped them for them I would get extra credits). The first time I used it on my local course the score card was correct but standing on the front of the first green it was showing me 26yards to the front. this was the same for the second course I tried it on.I had to recalibrate each hole, which was easy to do, but a bit of a pain when playing a course for the first time. I now use it each time i'm out on my local course, and it seems to be very accurate and a great help when choosing clubs, it really does stop the guessing the distance, especially if you are off line. the display is bright and the charge will last at least 2 rounds. I would recommend the unit, especially if you don't mind recalibrating it, and a bargain at £110.it would be 5 stars if the downloads were more accurate.
on 11 May 2014
I regret having purchased this device and would NOT recommend it to anyone - The supplier has no european agent and you have to contact korea to resolve any issues and they do 'not' answer the phone or reply to my emails. It is also, virtually impossible to sell on as you cannot change the registered account details. AVOID THIS ITEM AT ALL COST
on 8 August 2015
Not the easiest device to set up, but once registered I had no problem in downloading the "free" courses which came with the package, and later added several more courses with no problem.
I had an issue with the first battery, as I did not use for a long time and the battery expired. An email to Go Planet resulted in having to send the device back to have a new battery fitted free of charge. Only cost me the postage out.
The mapping is usually quite accurate, but there is a facility in the device to set the front/centre/back of the greens if the mapping for a particular green is inaccurate.
Golf courses do change from time to time, with new greens or new tees and this is very handy for re-setting if that happens. Of course, this will depend on club members who use this device providing the right feedback to GO Planet.
I sent them an email explaining that my course had altered the sequence in which the holes were played. Go Planet had the changes made within a couple of days, and added the new layout to my list of courses to be downloaded plus another free course of my choice.
on 6 January 2011
I think or hope i was just unlucky and it was just faulty but charger just went pop after 10 min and would not charge then after 1 day the gps would not switch on when it did work it seemed ok so waiting on replacement which was told would be here on 29/12 this now 5/1 and still not here but when it does arrive I hope will be ok