Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

on 15 October 2016
I purchased two of these to use with Apple Magic Mice 2 in our office.

The Apple Magic Mice 2 have a habit of making an irritating scraping noise on the desk.

The Amazon Basics mat is smaller than you might expect (shown with a Magic Mouse on it for scale below) but completely fit for purpose. It has a rubberised back (shown in the photos) and it doesn't feel too bad as your wrist touches the edge of it. The Magic Mouse works fabulously well on it.

The type of surface the mat has is likely to mean it'll get dirty over a medium period of time but, let's be honest, at this price you can buy a nice clean new one and not lose any sleep over it.

The logo in the bottom right corner is also small enough so as not to be an irritant. It doesn't scream "I bought the cheapest mouse mat possible!".
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon 17 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A simple plain black mouse mat with the Amazon Basics logo. Well made for the price.

Nothing more that you can really say about it, other than the mouse moves easily on it and it blends in nicely with the rest of the equipment in a simple and understated way.

***EDIT 31/7/13

Two and a half years later, still going strong. Still looks good. Maybe very very slightly looking frayed at edges but barely noticeable. Good buy!
33 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A rubber backed mouse mat with a cloth front. Black, with a small Amazon Basics logo in the bottom right hand corner.

The rubber is quite thick and comfortable to rest your wrist on while moving the mouse. The matt black cloth front looks snazzy, and my optical mouse works well with it, with a smooth movement of the cursor on the screen as the mouse is moved. The rubber grip is effective and keeps the mat stationary.

Cheap, smart looking and effective at its job. Excellent.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 August 2013
Smart-looking black pad with a discreet logo in the lower right corner. It goes well with my keyboard. It is a good size (20 x 22.7 cm), large enough but not too vast on a smallish desk. The pad is very supple, covered in smooth jersey material with a textured rubber backing which seems to grip just about everywhere (my desk is covered by a decorative cloth).

I expected the fabric to start coming away from the backing at the lower edge, where my wrist rests and rubs on it, but so far (after 6 weeks of constant daily use), I can see no signs of wear whatsoever. My AmazonBasics 3-Button USB Wired Mouse Black (also AmazonBasics) glides effortlessly over the surface and I am very pleased with this small but useful purchase. I noticed how good this pad is when I washed it and briefly reverted to my old one during drying time. Huge difference!

UPDATE: After almost a year and a half of daily use, this pad is still in one piece, the fabric covering shows no sign of detaching and the bottom edge (where my wrist makes contact) is a bit shiny and slightly worn. Excellent durability in my experience.
on 15 January 2017
Recommend to a friend - Yes
Used for - Home use and gaming
Overall rating 9/10 - Good buy
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is so easy to downgrade the quest to find a good mouse mat, but it is foolish to do so. Consider the amount of time you sit in front of your computer in the course of a year. Even an average user will spend several hundred hours at least and, if your mouse mat is ineffective and inefficient, it could cause serious frustration, to say the least, and wrist pain and uncomfort at worst.

For some time now I have been using the Apple Magic Mouse together with a relatively expensive pad with a gel wrist support. For many operations, I began to find this combination frustrating, slow and unsatisfactory and decided to try out the inexpensive AmazonBasics pad. It is a simple, flexible rectangle, measuring approximately 8 x 9 inches. It is black in colour and has an excellent gripping back surface. I have found the pad to be ideal. A big improvement on my previous set-up, it allows my Mouse to glide effortlessly over its upper surface, improving the smoothness and the speed of my browsing. Additional bonuses are its simple, pleasing appearance and the fact that it colour co-ordinates with my computer equipment.

My more expensive Mat has now been mothballed and I highly recommend my new AmazonBasics one.
on 16 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When this mousemat arrived I was fairly impressed. It's pretty standard: a black cloth top on a non-slip rubber base. The AmazonBasics branding is discrete as always, and does not detract from the product's appearance. In fact, as black mousemats go it's actually quite nice looking. The problem is its durability. I've had it since January, and the bottom edge has long since begun to fray: essentially the cloth cover is coming away from the rest of the mouse mat.

This simply isn't good enough: the price may be relatively low, but mousemats are not expensive objects to begin with. I'm afraid that, nice looking though it is, this product simply doesn't live up to the surprisingly high quality standards that have made AmazonBasics my first option for a lot of accessories (especially HDMI and USB cables).
on 11 November 2014
As the name suggest, it is a basic, black, fabric mouse mat. Something that you can through into your laptop bag without worry of it taking up too much room or damaging you laptop.

The size was a little smaller than expected and very thin (approx. 3mm), but still more than adequate for the amount that I need to move the mouse. The edges, so far, are nice and soft so don't grate on the wrist. It tracks nicely with my laser mice.

All in all, unless you are after a garish, graphic mouse mat, this is the ideal product at a great price.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2016
I bought a similar priced one and within a month, the fabric had pealed off. This, on first inspection, is really nicely finished. Perfect size, nice weight and grips to the surface of my desk well, without slip. The fabric is great for the mouse, which slides across without any hitch.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Part of the Amazon Basics range this mousemat is one of an ever growing selection of products that Amazon brands under its own name. The product itself is of reasonable quality about 0.5cm thick, of reasonable size and with a discreet Amazon Basics logo in the bottom right hand corner. The underside has a matted surface so it does not slip on the desk and the entire product came in "Amazon Certified Frustration Free" packaging, so was easy to get into.

Overall, my only criticism with the product would be the edges of the upper coating of that mat which appear as if they might fray. While there is no obvious reason to buy this over any other mousemat, I would say that this product is functional at a reasonable price.