on 31 December 2014
As the others have said does not fit standard microwaves. The steriliser it's self is 28cm wide most microwaves are 26 to 27cm wide inside now you might think that 1 or 2cms would just mean a tight fit but it means the steriliser will not turn in the microwave and unless you have a non turn microwave then it needs to turn. I have found one machine that will fir the Russel hobs 23l capacity machines but that's over £50.

I would like to us the philips range as it is good but they just don't have there information right. I have even talked to a member of their customer service team and the answers I got are-
"You must have the old 6 bottle model." Which I don't.
"We don;t know which type of microwaves would fit our product." Which is stupid when you have a none standard model. And anyway most products have a type they recommend you use with their machine.

It doesn't help that unless you are on a site like Amazon where you can ask other customers questions that microwave don't tell you the internal measurements of their machines. I just don't get why its so hard to give all relevant data on a product.
on 20 March 2011
I use this at least 3 times everyday, and have done for over 6 months. I wouldn't be without it.

Better than electical one beacuse:
- only takes 4 mins
- 'lives' in the microwave now (rather than taking up space on the bench)
- Doesn't need to be unplugged to empty - just carried to the sink.

Not only does it holds a number of bottles at a time, but also dummies, calpol measuring spoon, feeding spoons, bowls, microwavable teethers, etc...

I never measure 200ml exactly, just fill a bottle to somewhere around that mark, give or take 20ml.

I take it on holiday with me and use sterlising tablets in it if there is no microwave available.
on 18 November 2015
When your baby is screaming at you at 3am and you desperately need a clean bottle and quick, this certainly does the trick. My only gripe is the product description. 'Compact' it isn't and it certainly doesn't 'Fit most microwaves'...well it certainly didn't fit mine. I found the smallest size microwave it would fit is a 23-litre. I was needing to buy a new microwave anyway so it wasn't a massive problem...but check your microwave size before you buy!!
on 1 May 2015
Great piece of kit/ As a first time mother, I hadn't clue about how to even get started with sterilising etc. I bought this because it was on offer, and as with most first timers, it stayed in its box until one day the baby refused to breastfeed. Straight out of the box it was very simple to use, the only issue being trying to work out how powerful my microwave was. Other than that, its a straight forward job of putting in 200ml of water and 4 mins in the microwave for me. I even fit in the breast pump, dummies, and bottles from all different brands other than Phillips. In terms of its size, it does fill up the entire microwave, but it does pack loads in it.

Beware it is very hot once done, so best to give it a few minutes before handling. I've never used any steriliser before but I find it hard to believe that it could be any simpler than this one.
on 7 October 2015
The Philips Avent Steriliser is my third steriliser in 9 months. My previous two - brand names that shall not be mentioned - were absolute rubbish! No matter how many times I cleaned them; a wash after every use & the old-housewive's method of using vinegar, I just couldn't get them clean enough. One of the joys of living in London is limescale build-up, both previous sterilisers soon had limescale (and again, no amount of scrubbing, cleaning and general sweatshop effort would get rid of it).

The Philips Avent Steriliser has finally come to the rescue! Although I have known about Philips since falling pregnant and learning all things 'mummy', I never thought to purchase their steriliser because I assumed I had to use Avent bottles. My daughter is a MAM fan, but I feel the cost of their steriliser is crazy. The Philips is reasonable; £12 (especially because I will only be using it for another 3 months) and I am happy to say my MAM bottles fit comfortably! Granted, I can only manage 4 at a time, but that's because the bottles have so many different parts to them.

Very happy with how the steriliser cleans the bottles, and the steriliser itself cleans very well (much better than its predecessors)! Great purchase!
review image
on 18 November 2015
This steriliser can hold quite a lot. Didn't follow where they labelled you should put things, because i couldn't make it fit how they described. But a great steriliser you can take with you if travelling.
on 2 April 2016
We bought this the day after our daughter was born. Delivery speed was excellent. This device is easy to use and can sterilise up to 4 bottles and several dummies etc. at a time.
Being new parents, we thought we were prepared, but you never will be. This is quick and easy to use. Really impressed.
This works. We bought an electric steriliser and just didn't get on with it so bought this. It is simple to use and appears to do a good job. We used tommee tippee bottles in it, and although they don't slot properly into the slots it is fine and you can get the bottles to fit in fine. Recommended.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 2 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The concept of using steam generated by a microwave to sterilise babies bottles is certainly a step forward in cutting down work for the new parent. It is cheaper, more portable (providing you have access to microwave) more straightforward and quicker than its electric counterpart. It does the job in 2 to 6 minutes depending on the wattage of your microwave. There are no sterilising chemicals to fiddle about with. The set consists simply of a large sturdy and well made plastic lidded tub into which the bottles and breast pump if you use one are placed. The tub holds up to 6 Avent bottles or two breast pumps. The length of time to heat is clearly explained in the accompanying booklet. It's easy to use, easy to clean and effective.
on 26 March 2016
brought three of these for three of my family who were expecting babies. have still got my first one from my grandson who is now six.
my only problem will be when i buy a new microwave as this will not fit in some newer models .