1,002
Colour: White|Change

on 5 May 2012
I bought this as an addition to my Raw Food set up and am pleased with it. It took me a little while to find it as I was searching using its common name of Spirooli but eventually realized this was the same product. I had asked about it on a raw food website & I got one reply saying that this wasn't good & recommending I bought the Benriner Cooks Help version which is a hell of a lot more expensive on here although possibly cheaper elsewhere. I decided I would give this one a go first as I didn't want to pay £80 for something I didn't know if I would use a lot.
I have seen other reviews about it being flimsy and moving about etc. My experience is that if you use the feet suckers (which I admit I didnt even notice until I'd already used it a couple of times!)it can still slide over but not so much to cause any major inconvenience or to prevent the job getting done.
It is brilliant for courgettes & softer veg, I also found it handled sweet potato okay although I got more little cuts & less 'tagliatelle' than I would have liked, but that could have be my technique! I'd have like to use butternut squash but found that it struggled with the shape of the veg, again that may improve with practice.
Overall I would be happy to recommend the product, if you are going raw but aren't sure or don't want to spend a fortune then this will give you raw 'pastas' at a reasonable cost. It would also be a great tool for making various vegetables look more attractive for kids. The possible downsides are that you can not adjust the thickness of the strands as you can with some more expensive models & I've heard it may be the case that those models would get more out of the veg but this is a very reasonable product at a reasonable price. If you find you don't end up using it much you haven't spent a fortune, whereas the £80 mark is a lot to shell out if you aren't sure. I may upgrade in the future after doing more research into the other models available but for now I am really happy & enjoying delicious raw courgette spaghetti!
0Comment| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2015
I bought this for my daughter. She follows someone on you tube that has a raw food channel and she has tried encouraging me to use it too.
We have made spaghetti zucchini "courgettes" with a lovely curry sauce, added spaghetti zucchini to soup and have used this more than I thought we ever would. I was sceptical to start with and wondered if it would be yet another silly purchase that would land up in the garage.
I am glad I persevered with it because at first it seemed a bit daunting.

Amazing, I can't believe I didn't get around to buying one of these before. It is great. It is cleverly designed and easy to wash. I have only washed it by hand and not used the dishwasher but it is really easy to clean by just running warm water over the individual pieces that come apart. Word of warning though just be careful of the blades as they are super duper sharp. I have only cut courgettes and red cabbage. It was slightly tricky to get the hang of it but I soon caught on. The courgettes landed up in long strips of pasta thickness strips and when I was finished with the courgette I was left with a small round piece from the place I pushed the courgette into to hold it in place to "Spiralize" It did fall off twice and I had to reattach it but I think with more use it will stay on better.
The machine seems like it is not that tough but it is. There are two extra chopping blades in different designs/thickness and they fit neatly into the tray and come out easily. It is easy to replace the blade you require by just popping it up and it comes out easily. I am not sure if any other vegetables are suitable for this machine but I think potatoes, carrots and courgettes are perfect.
on 11 August 2015
Feels a bit early to be reviewing this but here are my first impressions having used it on a number of vegetables, and will update this review if necessary.

Having borrowed a friend's Vegan Atilla Hildmann spiralizer (similar style but costs more) I was impressed and decided to buy a spirazler.

I bought this one by Spiralz as it is cheaper and because of the many good reviews here on Amazon. I'm very pleased as this Spiralizer seems robust and stable and doesn't feel flimsy at all, plus it is supported by a 2 year guarantee.

The blades are nice and sharp and besides courgettes it worked very easily on butternut squash, carrots, and peppers producing nice even cuts with no real effort. The vegetables/fruit are firmly held in place by the spikes on the pusher such that I even managed to slice some hollow items using the slicing blade (peppers and the hollow end of a butternut squash). I experimented with the blades and different veg and soon established what worked well and what didn't.

It produces nice even noodles or slices to make interesting meals. For extra inspiration, other than just making noodles from courgettes, I bought the "Inspiralized" recipe book which has opened my eyes to new possibilities including how to make rice from spiralized vegetables - something I must try.

One small downside for me was that the finest blade of this spiralizer does not produce as fine a noodle as is possible with the Vegan Spiralizer and it also leaves a thicker unspiralized core of vegetable behind. That said the thicker courgette noodles, sauteed, I actually preferred to the thinner ones I made with the other model, and the cores need not be wasted.

The suction feet secure very firmly to my kitchen worktop, even though the worktop has a slightly grainy texture, which is a plus as I imagine it would be hard to use if it moved about. The plastic body is very easy to clean as there aren't really any difficult to reach nooks and crannies. I used a brush to clean the blades as they are extremely sharp.

Take care when carrying the spiralizer about... The "pusher" section does not have a stopper to prevent it sliding right out and falling to the floor, which happened the second time I lifted it - luckily no breakage.

Also this spiraizer is designed such that one blade is stored in the upright cutting position with blade exposed. It's a shame they didn't produce a cover for the exposed blade when in storage and for this reason I'm going to store the spiralizer either in it's box or else find a separate container for the blades.
on 28 June 2014
This is a great product! Creates lovely courgette/potato/carrot noodles and is ideal for making homemade coleslaw etc. It's also really easy to clean. Thoroughly recommend it!
on 13 January 2012
Once I had a few tries this product instantly became something I use everyday! Although it looks cheap it works like a charm. Fun to get the kids involved too.
on 10 January 2015
From the first use my husband and I were bowled over by this product. We're on a low-carb diet, which we find effective but obviously it limits the kinds of meals you can have. The Spiralizer gives us a simple, and quick alternative to pasta/noodles allowing us to keep eating meals we like which we otherwise couldn't. So far we've tried courgettes, broccoli stems and butternut squash and found they all work well, although the courgettes (dubbed courgetti in our house) are our favourite. Most of the veg doesn't even need cooking if you're going to use it as pasta as it will warm through in the sauce. Couldn't be happier.
on 24 May 2016
Nice product, well made, the suckers that hold it to the countertop work well. The blades are nice and sharp and cut whatever you are spiralizing really well. There are three sets of blades included (different size cuts) and the two that are not actually being used are stored away nicely in the bottom of the unit. The spiralizer handles softer vegetables like courgette and harder ones like potatoes just as easily. I actually bought this to make courgette "spaghetti" but my favourite thing is now spiralized potato which I then bake in the over for slightly healthier chips.
on 30 December 2015
Though this product is made of plastic, it does not feel flimsy. It is well put together and has handy storage slots for blades not in use.
The instructions are brief but adequate; I had a quick look at a couple of YouTube videos whilst I was waiting for the Spiralizer to arrive. I found it easy to use straight out of the box. I experimented with courgettes and by the time I had Spiralized my first one I had a feel for the amount of pressure to apply. Up to now, I've also done carrots and beetroot. There's a Facebook page and lots of ideas online and I'm planning to take a bit of inspiration and experiment a bit.
We both enjoyed the courgette tagliatelle that I made and I've also made a vegetable stir fry - because the mixed veg were sliced to the same thickness, they cooked quickly and evenly. Healthy too!

I found the machine easy to clean - it can be a bit messy whilst you're spiralizing. Keep your fingers clear of the blades whilst washing the machine after use, I found out from experience that the blade is sharp enough to slice through your finger through a tea towel.

Make sure you push the machine down onto the worktop before you start, the suckers are very effective at keeping it in one place. Also, place a flat bowl under the blade to catch the veg, otherwise they go everywhere!

I am so pleased that I 'took the plunge' and bought this - I hummed and hawed for ages before buying. I've had it for just over a week and have used it several times already.
on 21 June 2016
I have used this product so many times now even having used it to prepare large family dinners. Its so easy to use with 3 different blades. One for fine noodles, one for thicker noodles and one for half moon chips. You can use any hard veg, for example butternut squash, courgette and carrots. We have used this so much to make courgetti with a nice bolognese sauce, you cant tell its not pasta! we love it.
on 17 June 2016
This is really good, saw one on the TV & my wife expressed an interest as we thought it might be good for alternative vegetables rather than the plain courgette and like. She has done some amazing veg cooking since we received it. really easy to use & keep clean. Definitely need a non slip surface though when you use it despite it having "suckers" on all four corners. Would recommend this item and it arrived ahead of scheduled delivery date.