on 5 March 2017
I have very thin, fine hair and struggle to find products to get and keep volume, this is amazing! It works and you can get right to the root for lasting volume.
on 1 July 2016
Excellent root booster, adds voluvolume hair and hair looks natural
on 20 March 2017
Love it!
on 30 December 2014
nothing special not good for long hair if you have already thick hair maybe that help but if your hair fine that doe's nothing!!!
on 3 April 2017
Very Easy to use. Gives fabulous Volume.
on 24 September 2010
I have fine wavy hair that goes flat if it's more than a few inches long. I tried blow drying it different ways, but this is a lot easier to use and the effect is much better.
I was afraid of the difficulty of getting it work well, after all in the video only the easiest part of the head is done. Luckily this is not a problem. When using it, I don't really have to see what I'm doing. I only crimped a few times on the back of my head, didn't even do it twice as shown in the video, only once near the roots. On the sides it is easier to follow a pattern, but I don't think it is really important. I just have to make sure I don't crimp any parts that will be visible. All in all, I was surprised how much volume it created after using it so haphazardly. An unexpected benefit I found is that I don't have to wash my hair every day if I use this. Who would have thought?

Update 4 months after my original review:
I still use this every other day, right after washing and quickly drying my hair. It takes about 2 minutes. I tried to go without it a few times, but my hair looks so much worse, that I just MUST keep using it. I'm afraid I'm addicted... On the plus side, I haven't noticed any damaging on my hair, and I haven't had it cut since August. Without pumping my hair up, by now I'd look awful and would have had to have it cut. So it was a good investment, already paid for itself.
55 Comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2014
They do work! You have to tease out the crimp and you are left with quite a frizzy texture, but that's what give the body. Make sure you use a Thermal protection spray. I wish I could find one which holds as well as protects. Can anyone recommend one?

I have marked this product down to 4 stars as I am now on my second pair. The ceramic coating was starting to wear away exposing the metal. I found that my hair was sticking to the plates EEEK! If this happens STOP USING THEM!!! They have reached the end of their life!

I have actually sent a message to Babyliss to find out how best to care for the plates so that the coating does not wear off my new pair. I was cleaning them with facial wipes (killing two birds with one stone) and I'm wondering now if that shortened their life. I'll update my review if Babyliss reply.

**************UPDATE****************

Wow, got a reply next day off Babyliss, that's good customer service. Here is what they said...

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with the coating on your Root Boost. We would advise to clean the plates by using a small amount of neat shampoo on a slightly damp cloth and this will remove any residue that is on the plates.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.

Kind regards,
Nicola
Conair Customer Care Centre.
on 1 September 2013
A really quick, handy and simple way to achieve volume and lift for any length or style of hair. You can create as little or as much volume as you like and it takes just minutes. You can also use it just as a mini crimper to create funky texture and retro styles! Good for childrens hair or partcularly fine hair but also works fab on very thick hair like my own. Could not be without this product, it's an essential!
on 21 October 2013
These are the best thing ever, they do exaxtly what they say on the box, gives room boost where you need it. I wouldnt be without them !
on 13 July 2014