Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

1,712

on 20 March 2013
I bought 4 of these drives in January and they've only been used a couple of times since then. All four have now failed completely leading to data loss and corruption. I had to re-copy data onto a number of smaller drives to get the job done. They got one star as Amazon doesn't offer a zero-star rating. I've had other Kingston drives which do work reasonably well, but a 100% failure rate in this batch makes me want to go to other makes and other suppliers.
on 1 March 2014
Although this item falls under Amazon Prime, my first order did not arrive. After calling Amazon to complain, a second USB was dispatched to me. The USB is bulky and unattractive but what's worse is that it is not compatible with all my devices. My Xbox did not recognise it and neither did a number of my families laptops. Waste of money. Have returned mine.
on 19 March 2012
I got two of these memory sticks each of 32 Gigs. The second one would only take 5 Gigs of data, telling me not enough space for additional file while I am trying to load a 3 Gig file.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2012
Really disappointing performance. I bought this drive to store and transfer large video files and, based on all the previous 5 star reviews, was expecting to be able to copy video files to it relatively quickly. Not so! In fact, my old 16Gb Corsair Voyager is considerably faster. A comparison test transfering a 2.3Gb .mkv video file from my PC to each of the flash drives came up with the following results:

Corsair Voyager: transfer time = 2m 24 secs
Kingston Data Traveller: transfer time = 7m 09 secs

No contest and I've wasted £22!!
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2012
Found this USB stick very dificult to format. Tried many various options use=ing different OS.

I ended up downloading a 3rd party utility. Not great Would not buy again.
on 21 January 2014
I am disappointed in this item. It seems to lose connection with my computer all the time and it's a hit or a miss whether or not I can access it from any computer. Think it's too late now to send back but I won't buy it again. Very disappointed
on 15 January 2013
I already have a 16GB DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 which I was happy with so when I needed more space I thought I would get the larger model.
The 32GB version is much slower with average transfer rates of only 6Mb/s compared to 14Mb/s for the 16Gb model (same files, same USB slot). More than twice as long to copy the same files. I will keep this product but I am still looking for a larger replacement for my 16Gb DataTraveler 101 Gen 2.
on 4 February 2013
Bought this because of the Kingston name. I have used a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16Gb flash drive for some time which is reasonably quick. In comparison the DT101 g2 drive is dreadfully slow. Took 2-3 hours to copy about 20Gb. Great capacity, but I don't think I can live with the slow speed! Disappointed.
on 29 December 2012
Unfortunately this usb is the slowest one I have ever used. It takes at least double time to transfer a file through this usb stick.
on 16 May 2012
Well here is my story.

I first brought the 8gb drive Kingston Data Traveler 101 etc (Perfect as described)

I wanted another drive so i got the 16gb model from same brand again perfect.

Now i wanted a little archive storage to store all my uni data so i brought this 32gb model.

Now...
- The actual size says 29gb. (Other drive do not have this problem i.e 8gb = ~ 8 gb, 16gb = ~ 16gb.

- The swivel cap on the top is a bit loose unlike my other 2 drives which are both firm.

- The data transfer of large files seems a bit slow and i'm using usb 3.0
etc to copy 21 gb = About 6 hours.

Maybe got a bit of a dud drive but it does work so i guess it's good

Well all i want is a back up of some files so as long it saves my 21 gb of data im good but i would be annoyed if my data was 29~gb and it couldn't fit on this pen while the product is called a 32gb drive.