Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.59

on 8 July 1999
My three-year-old absolutely loves this book. The story is very cute and the illustrations are wonderful! My son likes to pretend he's eating the chocolates off the page that shows which swirls indicate which fillings. And the drawings of the factory itself, where the machines look like friendly robots complete with smiling faces, are priceless! A very enjoyable book that will be read again and again!
on 2 March 1999
We enjoyed seeing George get into trouble and then, as always, end up saving the day. We learned how to tell what's inside a piece of chocolate by looking at the swirls on top. We tested that fact ourselves and it works!
on 3 February 1999
Being a curious george fan, reading this book brings a smile and a happy face. Just by looking at the colorful pictures and what curiousity brings George, makes you cherish this story with your children and with yourself.
This book tells the story of a monkey who is abducted from him home in the jungle and taken to the city by The Man with the Yellow Hat. The Man intends to take George to the zoo. There's just one problem, George is always curious.

And so it is that he tries to fly while on the ship taking them to the city. But when he tries to make a phone call, things get really out of control. Will George's curiosity get him into trouble he can't handle?

This is another one I remember liking from my childhood. I'm not sure it holds up as well today as it did back then. Part of it is the potential issue of George's abduction. It didn't bother me as a kid, but it doesn't sit as well with me as an adult. Then again, George being curious in the jungle wouldn't be interested for those of us who live in the city, and it's just a set up to the main fun of George in the city.

And really, the story is fun. The moral of the danger of curiosity comes through loud and clear. It's a wild, improbable tale, but I certainly remember loving it as a kid. And the pictures, while dated, are simple and charming. There are some other dated elements (like smoking a pipe being treated as normal), but most of the kids today will still enjoy the book.

So George is still a charming friend for any child, although he's not quite as classic as some other choices.
on 13 May 2014
My son, now over 50, had these books - in those days Curious George was called Zozo, and simply adored them. I have just given several of them to my great neice aged 4 and they have lost none of their appeal. Charming books.
on 22 December 1998
"Curious George" used bolder and more colors than most picture books of its day. It remains a bright work full of wonderful facial expressions. Children will identify with the childish monkey with the good heart and natural hubris. I love the way this first one throws in details that would be prohibited today, like when George has "a good pipe" before going to bed!
on 21 April 2012
I bought this book for work as our topic was chocolate. We did a whole display on Curious George. The children loved the story and what George got up to.
on 8 January 2012
The original Curious George comes complete with the old-style firemen, telephones, systems and ideas. This initiates several discussions about society as it was not so long ago. The cheeky charm of our favourite well-meaning young ape is enjoyed as much as ever.
on 24 September 2013
This was a great little book to read on the go. I bought it for a train journey as my son is familiar with the cartoon and he loved it too. It was finished too soon and I need to get some more!
on 30 July 2011
What would be more fun than going to a chocolate factory! Cute story and we also get to speculate what our favourite chocolates would be! Georage is as adorable as ever :)