on 24 April 2017
I bought these to replace a set of old HD 435's that had suffered from a faulty audio jack. I can honestly say that the HD205s are easily comparable in quality to the old 435s.

So far the sound quality seems quite reasonable, as standard they provide a fairly crisp sound that lets you hear all the little details in your favourite music tracks. When paired with an amp or a digital equaliser the quality is simply excellent.

From what I can tell, the build quality is fairly substantial, with none of the plastic parts feeling too brittle or fragile, the cups seem rather solid and don't suffer from any rattling or unwanted vibrations like the old 435's sometimes had. The padding on the headphones is good enough so that they aren't uncomfortable to wear, the head strap padding is certainly more plentiful than on some older Sennheiser headphones.

The only problems I can see with this product is that the cups are actually quite small and even with my 'average' sized ears they took a while to stretch to fit them. I've found that the occasional song can sound quite tinny with these headphones, although this is nothing that a quick fiddle with any equalisation methods can't fix. I'm also concerned about the cable as it seems quite thin, whereas other users have stated that it doesn't seem to tangle as easy as other cables, I'm currently not entirely convinced. If it weren't for these problems i'd give the headphones 5 stars, but on the plus side these were only £40, a similar price that I paid for my old HD435s, so I hardly feel cheated out of my money.
on 5 May 2017
Great headphones with great sound quality. Really how light they are - can barely tell I have them on. They do a great job of blocking out almost all background noise so I can concentrate.

As for the comments stating the headphones ate too tight, I can't agree there. Granted, I've only had these a few days, but at the moment the fit is absolutely perfect. They are very comfy to wear.
on 20 April 2017
Very good
on 26 June 2017
The sound quality is ok, however, I'm hugely disappointed in the headphone for comfort. It is extreamly tight and uncomfortable, it's so tight that it feels painful after a short while, leaving sweat around my ears!. I have a 3 year son, he tried it out and said 'daddy it hurts my head and I don't like it!'.
on 5 June 2017
Brilliant sound quality, a little tight around the ears though.
on 7 November 2016
Very good quality headphones, great for daily use, as well as for studio work.
on 23 January 2016
Brilliant sound quality and very comfortable. Used with Logic Pro X software for music production.
on 26 April 2017
Good headphones only downside is the cable is very long when you are wearing them to just listen to your music
on 27 April 2017
durable, nice sound, and has a long lead not for use outside, but purfect for inside use
on 16 March 2015