on 11 March 2017
These earphones have an unbelievable performance for such ridiculous price, couldn't believe I was purchasing a set of Sennheiser for 20 quid

The sound is crisp clear, the bass is pretty good and you can take the volume up to deafening levels without losing an ounce of quality

Now, they aren't designed with the idea that you will be travelling with them or using them to commute, etc.. They are cheap studio earphones, so they feature a very long cable which is quite uncomfortable if you're moving around. I got mine for the office as I needed to stop using in-ear ones, and I don't regret it for a second.

I wear glasses, which makes over-ear headphones hurt sometimes but with these I've worn them for several hours and they're just fine.

So, bottomline, if you use them for what they are meant (indoors use) you will be very satisfied
on 22 April 2017
Excellent set of closed back Headphones. I find that they work more like an over ear than on-ear, but however you describe them, they are comfortable.
Sound quality excellent, much better than other headphones I have used. I use them on a computer and the tonal range seems great.
The only problem (a non-problem) is that, as described, they exclude room noise, so I cannot hear my wife. This is a good thing! Similarly, my wife does not get any sound leakage from my incessant gameplay.
The cable is quite long, which I find helpful as I have a desktop computer on the floor next to the desk and shorter leads require an extension cable. If you do not need a long cable these headphones are still useful as there is a spindle thing that comes with them that can be used to "lose" the extra cable.
These headphones are highly recommended.
on 4 April 2015
The cheapest headphones currently produced by 'the' brand when it comes to headphones. Very good value for the price. As some other reviews mentioned, the sound quality is not as top notch as with the 'Momentum' but it is still quite good; just the basses leave something to be desired. I find them comfortable to wear. Just one important detail - no idea why they are listed in the noise cancelling category, but these are *not* noise cancelling headphones (although they provide decent isolation from the environment due to their over ear design, but that's a different thing).
on 30 May 2017
These are the best things I've bought for ages - I have a small DVD player which is useful when travelling and these headphones have elevated the films I watch to another level - the sound is crisp and clear and you don't have to have the volume up very far to get perfect pitch. Highly recommended.
on 3 April 2017
So I wasn't expecting fireworks due to them being so cheap, however the sound quality I found really impressive. However I can only rate them 4 stars as the left side has given up the ghost after 5 months, they were used pretty much daily but weren't treated poorly so for them to break now is a little disappointing. Saying that I would buy again but wish the cable wasn't so damn long.
on 24 November 2015
Trebles: 5/5
Mids: 4.5/5
Bass: 4
Very nice and clear trebles, and mids.
Bass is very good and goes deep, with clear but it's not powerful enough. For an electo-lover, house, dubstep, usually bassy music, they might not be enough if you're looking for powerful bass.
They can go loud enough for my taste. -> (I usually listen music on maximum volume). Almost no distortion at all. (really small amount of distortion if you're being really really really REALLY picky, but for 25 pounds....)
The aspect, in my opinion, is just a bit cheap. The foam pads don't look too professional.
If you shake them while having them in your hand, the plastic also makes a cheap sound.
While you wear them, they have a good fix, they aren't falling of my head if I shake it violently. After a while, my ears sweat a bit. Might be different for other persons.
If the bass would've been powerful, those headphones would be worth 5 stars. I think they are perfect for rock music lovers.
on 14 February 2011
I saw the words closed back and assumed these to be circumaural headphones. Unless you have tiny elfin ears (minus the pointy bits) you'll struggle to fit these around them. The vendor has kindly added "on-ear" to the description as a hint but the significance of this unfortunately escaped my notice. I'm doubly gutted because they sound amazing. I listened to the cellist Zoe Keating's amazing music with them and they pick up the full range of bowed notes, plucks, twangs, slaps and thumps in her live-looped masterpieces. I will definitely buy Sennheiser again but will make absolutely sure I get an ear cupping design. The exploding packaging presumably prevents their return so I'll give them to my small eared wife to enjoy.
on 2 March 2015
Pretty disappointing for £30. Their headphones used to be a lot better. The wires are very flimsy and set in hard plastic onto the earphone covers. This means that them even lightly brushing against clothing causes a very loud "scratching" type noise to be heard.

The spongy earpiece cover is a non breathable plastic/foam material, which isn't breathable and makes one's ears clammy.
on 1 March 2017
I bought my first pair of these in August 2015. Last week the sound went from one ear. I looked at my order and realised they came with a two year warrenty. I had to pay the postage to send them to Sennheiser (approx £4). I did that on Monday and got a brand new pair delivered today. Very happy with these. Comfortable to wear and great sound. Great service from Sennheiser too.
on 7 May 2017
one side speaker dead after 5 months use not worth the money shame sennheiser usually make decent equipment I suppose the price tag reflects the quality