on 14 September 2016
I bought these as school shoes for my 6 year old as he had already gone through several pairs. The first pair we received had a problem with the seam, but Amazon swiftly organised a replacement and these have proved to be his best wearing pair of trainers so far.

Positives:
1. They are sturdy with a well reinforced toe - essential for playing football and lots of kneeling on the carpet.
2. They are breathable with the airvents in the sole so feet don't get too sweaty - I was initially worried when I saw these thinking they would never stand up against the frequent puddles encountered on the school run, but we haven't had any wet feet yet.
3. They look smart and easily pass as school shoes.
4. They are comfortable whilst being supportive.
5. They clean up well.

Negatives
Can't really think of any. We had a problem as mentioned above with the first pair (hense 4 stars instead of 5) but the replacement shoes have been fine.

Overall an ideal pair of school shoes for an active boy.
8 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2017
Seriously THE best school shoe we've ever bought for our son. He is an active 8 years old and has previously worn down every school shoe within two terms. He often rides his scooter to school, plays football at break time and runs around in mud and water, these shoes copes with all of that. The rubber toe cap protects the shoe from getting scuffed and looking bad, the velcro is really good and the leather insole stays in place and keeps his feet comfortable, they never smell bad either!
6 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2017
Great shoes for school, had Geox before after being recommended by my sons podiatrist (he has to have sturdy supportive shoes as he needs corrective insoles). The breathable soles are great, and this particular style have rubber bumpers all around the main scuffing areas so he can play football and do whatever at school without wrecking them. He says they are really comfy to run around in - and for the prices on here i have no complaints at all! Big thumbs up :)
on 4 March 2017
The Geox Savage trainers are pretty much the only shoes we have found to last my son a school term! I am not really sure what he does in them, but these are very hard wearing!
Compared with many other brands (both cheap and expensive) where they typically lasted a 6 week 1/2 term!

It's worth paying the slightly higher premium for these over other premium school shoes for the longer life in my opinion, as it worked out cheaper for us.
on 29 January 2017
I love these shoes. This is my second pair of Geox and they seem to be really hardy shoes, well, especially this type (as haven't tried the others), my son use to go through shoes like anything, so it's so nice to have a pair that last longer than half a term/term! He actually now grows out of the shoes rather than the other way round.
5 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2016
These shoes looked amazing when they arrived. Sturdy, with a decent grip and had my child excited. 2 month later the stitching as come apart from the sides and water is coming through the sole.

The shoes have ventilation holes in the sole which lets water in. The leather insole gets moldy because of the water. A perfectly good shoe with a bad design choice for the ventilation holes. Not suited for British Weather.

Update:
I had to resort to gluing the holes that are on the soles. This has stopped water getting inside.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2017
Buy them every year for my boys in primary school.
They are not really nice looking - BUT the rubber sole going up the front of the shoe is a brilliant feature: it survives many ball kicking, scooter ridding , tree climbing etc! A bit expensive but as sturdy shoes you don't need to change them that often, so you cover your costs.
on 4 February 2018
I'm always impressed with the quality of manufacturing of Geox shoes, but unfortunately these shoes weren't comfortable for my little boy so we returned them. They are a very close fitting, snug shoe that is fairly high on the foot and not as flexible as others out there. Being little and new to leather shoes, my son couldn't really appreciate that they would give a little. I will definitely get him to try the style again when he is older as they do look supportive and hard wearing. We instead opted for some startrite Flexi tough shoes, which are much softer. They have lasted really well since September and I think they might last til Easter by which time he will have probably grown out of them anyway.
on 8 August 2017
I would never buy another style of school shoe for either of my boys. I've been buying these year after year and have never been disappointed, they have so much rubber on the front of the shoe and on the sole that they last ages. In fact these are the only pair of shoes that have lasted my son nearly a full school year......they were paper thin by the end, but had endured everything that other shoes can't manage. Good tip, as I buy these every year for both my sons I constantly have them in my basket, under saved for later, the price changes all the time so whenever they are reduced I stock up (just bought the last pair for £18!)
Would definitely recommend these shoes, especially for an active child.
One person found this helpful
on 2 September 2016
These are great for boys that need new school shoes just about every week. They're super ugly if you ask me *Husband has a different opinion though.. But they last! These we're the first pair of shoes my boy complaint about and said they we're hurting his feet luckily after 2 days the complaining was over. They're not easy to put on for him and the fabric isn't soft either which most likely caused his hurting feet. So he needs help putting them on when we are in a hurry. All in all a good buy for school!
One person found this helpful