Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Wattage: 20|Change

on 20 January 2014
Over a period of 12 years, I have replaced the bulbs in my two Halogen lamps 7 times, and they are both in daily useage. In other words in the two lamps I have used 7 Bulbs

Since November 2013 when I purchased these bulbs I have used 4 bulbs. After the second one went in my first light I replaced it with the old bulb from my second light. That is still burning brightly, but I have used two of these bulbs in my second light. I estimate I am getting 3 weeks per bulb, as opposed to 3 years per bulb of the ones I purchased in Woolworths when I bought the lights 12 years ago.
on 6 January 2013
I use this light in my bathroom cabinets and in the kichen under the well cabinets. They are relatively bright for such a small light bulbs and easy to replace, they last about 8-12 months on daily useage. I do recommend them to anyone.
on 9 November 2012
well worth the money, i got sick of buying replacement bulbs that would never last long and cost more to buy for a twin pack.
glad i bought these, a good saving all round and they last longer, have not had to replace one yet. buy some.

update, these are excellent bulbs, i have only used one since day of purchase, much much better than what you get in the shops.
excellent value.
I got a packet of these bulbs to fit the under-cupboard lights in our kitchen. This is a pretty intensive use-case, since they are kept on for long periods throughout the day (especially in the winter). They are well-made and there were no duds (I know, I know, it should be pretty standard for bulbs to work out of the box, but I've had numerous failures from supermarket own-brand bulbs).

I fitted 6 of these in my kitchen on 10th Jan 2015; at the 2-month mark, none have failed. That's already pretty good (the Tesco value ones usually last a month).

I'll update this review to report back about long-term durability in future.

EDIT 21/5/2015: 5 months and still going strong.
These bulbs are really quite tricky to fit in my house but I took extra care fitting them in under cupboard fittings, I even took care not to touch the bulbs to avoid skin oils which could cause them to blow. Even after the care that I took each and every bulb has blow and the replacements I put in, 6 of the 10 bulbs in all lasting a maximum of 3-4 days. These really aren't fit for sale, I've packaged the 6 faulty and 4 not used back up for return and credit.

I would expect cheap substandard products from a market place seller but not when buying directly from amazon. I can only think I got some from a bad batch but there are a lot of 1 star reviews appearing and they are the ones to pay attention to.
on 6 February 2014
All ten bulbs lasted last than two weeks. Went to pound land and found pack of two and have lasted over month already.
on 1 March 2015
Along with many other reviewers, I've found these are poor replacements for the originals. Life of these bulbs has ranged from 10 minutes to 2 months. I thought the pack of 10 would last me a long time, but they're all gone within 6 months and as they're so fiddly to fit you just don't want to be changing them that often.
on 3 February 2013
Long life by who's reckoning? I started writing down when I fitted them and realised some lasted all of two months! To be fair one hasn't blown yet but if it wasn't for others lasting a couple of years, I'd be checking my wiring!!
These small G4 Halogen light bulbs are supplied in a pack of 10 and much better value for money than those from a supermarket or DIY store.

The bulbs are flat blister-packed onto stiff card for transport protection, and you will need to use scissors to cut round the blister packing to remove each bulb without damaging it.

The bulbs work fine, but inherent in the design is a weakness: the 2 connecting pins are vulnerable to being bent or snapped off if you are even slightly forceful with them when attempting to fit them into the light. This is inherent in the basic design and not specific to this brand.

I use these bulbs for overhead-mirror spotlights in a bathroom, so they are constantly being switched on and off. The last one I changed lasted six years, so they seem well made and dependable; my experience however contrasts with that of a significant minority of other reviewers here who report short lives for their bulbs. All I can say is that my experience is a good one, and at this price you can afford to take the risk.

So next time your little bulbs go buy this product its a lot cheaper than your local stores as well. It is long life as well so you couldn't ask for much more could you?. We all know new gadgets are not made to last and when products like this comes along it really is a Godsend to know I have plenty of spares. Well Done team keep up the good work.
on 19 November 2016
Having had the kitchen installed 10 years ago, the time came to buy some replacement bulbs in April 2016 - a pack of 10 from Amazon, direct. They have lasted 7 months, say 28 weeks - 10 bulbs, so just under 3 weeks per bulb average, which I see is what others have experienced. Even if they were switched on for 6 hours every day for 3 weeks that's about 120hours per bulb. Not 2000!