on 20 January 2014
Over a period of 12 years, I have replaced the bulbs in my two Halogen lamps 7 times, and they are both in daily useage. In other words in the two lamps I have used 7 Bulbs

Since November 2013 when I purchased these bulbs I have used 4 bulbs. After the second one went in my first light I replaced it with the old bulb from my second light. That is still burning brightly, but I have used two of these bulbs in my second light. I estimate I am getting 3 weeks per bulb, as opposed to 3 years per bulb of the ones I purchased in Woolworths when I bought the lights 12 years ago.
I got a packet of these bulbs to fit the under-cupboard lights in our kitchen. This is a pretty intensive use-case, since they are kept on for long periods throughout the day (especially in the winter). They are well-made and there were no duds (I know, I know, it should be pretty standard for bulbs to work out of the box, but I've had numerous failures from supermarket own-brand bulbs).

I fitted 6 of these in my kitchen on 10th Jan 2015; at the 2-month mark, none have failed. That's already pretty good (the Tesco value ones usually last a month).

I'll update this review to report back about long-term durability in future.

EDIT 21/5/2015: 5 months and still going strong.
on 6 January 2013
I use this light in my bathroom cabinets and in the kichen under the well cabinets. They are relatively bright for such a small light bulbs and easy to replace, they last about 8-12 months on daily useage. I do recommend them to anyone.
on 9 November 2012
well worth the money, i got sick of buying replacement bulbs that would never last long and cost more to buy for a twin pack.
glad i bought these, a good saving all round and they last longer, have not had to replace one yet. buy some.

update, these are excellent bulbs, i have only used one since day of purchase, much much better than what you get in the shops.
excellent value.
These bulbs are really quite tricky to fit in my house but I took extra care fitting them in under cupboard fittings, I even took care not to touch the bulbs to avoid skin oils which could cause them to blow. Even after the care that I took each and every bulb has blow and the replacements I put in, 6 of the 10 bulbs in all lasting a maximum of 3-4 days. These really aren't fit for sale, I've packaged the 6 faulty and 4 not used back up for return and credit.

I would expect cheap substandard products from a market place seller but not when buying directly from amazon. I can only think I got some from a bad batch but there are a lot of 1 star reviews appearing and they are the ones to pay attention to.
on 6 February 2014
All ten bulbs lasted last than two weeks. Went to pound land and found pack of two and have lasted over month already.
on 1 March 2015
Along with many other reviewers, I've found these are poor replacements for the originals. Life of these bulbs has ranged from 10 minutes to 2 months. I thought the pack of 10 would last me a long time, but they're all gone within 6 months and as they're so fiddly to fit you just don't want to be changing them that often.
on 3 February 2013
Long life by who's reckoning? I started writing down when I fitted them and realised some lasted all of two months! To be fair one hasn't blown yet but if it wasn't for others lasting a couple of years, I'd be checking my wiring!!
on 27 June 2015
I bought these in December 2014, I'm now on my last spare bulb of the pack of 12 - the longest any single bulb lasted was a month. I've read other reviewers say that one should wear gloves when handling these bulbs but I've just checked the back of the packet and it doesn't mention this. Nevertheless I'll try it when I come to put my last one in, which will probably be next week! Don't buy these!
on 5 December 2015
"Long Life"? Not at all! These are receiving just under 12V, and so far six of them have blown. They last (on average) three days. The previous halogen lamp in the same light fitting lasted for over three years, so these must be defective. They fail in various ways - usually with the filament visibly broken. They are not subject to vibration and the fitting is designed for a 10W halogen lamp, and has plenty of ventilation so that there's no build-up of heat.
Since these only cost pence each, there's no point in returning them. I'll just look elsewhere for halogen lamps in about three week's time when the rest of them have blown!