1,005
Colour: Ice Water|Size: B|Change

on 8 June 2012
I am delighted with the large size of this board, particularly the width. It is very nicely padded and has a plain Ecru coloured cotton cover which I like as it doesn't give me a headache when I am ironing, unlike some other very colourful, wild patterned covers! In order to protect the new cover I bought an additional one from Brabantia in the same colour and put it on straight away. This has added to the padding so I now have a great surface to iron on.

I would give this board 5 stars if the release handle was on the side nearest to you when you're ironing i.e. for a right handed person like me. As it is, it is positioned on the other side of the board which makes it a bit difficult to reach and release in one easy movement - however I'm getting used to it now! I always buy Brabantia products (I also have one of their outdoor rotary driers which is still going strong after 25 years!!)) as they are extremely solid, good designs, well made and last for ever! I've donated my last, smaller, ironing board (also a Brabantia) to my son hence the need for a new one for me.

The steam iron rest works well but, as mentioned in other reviews, you have to be careful when putting the holder down flat after use as it may be hot - this is only common sense after all! The heat is not an issue if you leave your iron on the rest to cool down before you put the whole lot away!

Go and buy a cheaper board if you must, however I guarantee it will fall to bits long before a Brabantia one! Great service and quick delivery from this company. Highly recommended.
on 16 April 2013
I love my Brabantia Ironing Board because it's easy to put up and down, is stable and has a great support for the iron. I can storage it easily, which is very important for me because I live in a small flat. I'll definitely recommended, especially if you don't like ironing!
on 16 July 2015
It arrived after 2 days and the postage was free - to Jersey! We have been married for almost 52 years and this is only our 3rd ironing board. Our first ironing board was wooden and weighed a ton. The second was similar to this one but much heavier. Over time people have got taller and manufactures have become meaner so ironing boards are taller and lighter. But they have the same manky plastic feet. This is why I bought a new ironing board as the feet had split but if it lasts another 30 years I'll be 104 and probably not doing much ironing or much anything for that matter.
on 17 May 2017
I first had one of these ironing boards for my wedding, 18 years ago and it's finally given up the ghost. I think due to the fact it kept falling off the ironing board hanger on the bag of the door. It is a heavy ironing board and the hanger just wasn't up to it. I've had 18 years of faultless service so when it came to getting a new ironing board, it made sense to get the same one. The hard bit was picking a cover.
on 25 December 2013
Given the price and brand name of this board I certainly didn't expect it to be wobbly but frankly it was appalling. One leg seemed to be 2-3 inches shorter than the other ones, no way to keep it stable on any floor. Also it's really big (although it has measurements on the site so that lies with me for not checking). Sent back with no hassles, will order another brand.
on 20 May 2017
Good sturdy ironing board. The size B is wide enough and is what I consider a standard sized ironing board. The height adjuster is smooth and the board feels well made.
on 11 May 2017
Very good ironing board. Cost slightly more than I would usually pay, but it is well worth it. So much easier to open and close. Good quality. I am very pleased with this item, and would certainly recommend.
on 12 May 2017
On Brabantia official website they have a video talking you though the benefits of this ironing board. They state that the metal iron stand will hold any standard steam iron diagonally. Unfortunately, my two year old steam iron slipped to the side when I tried it for size. I managed to catch it safely before it fell to the ground. If the board hadn't arrived damaged (rip in the cover and scuffing to the iron stand) I would have had to have bought a new iron to use it. Unfortunately, it has got to go back.
on 14 April 2017
Heavier than expected but easy to manoeuvre and store. Only 4 stars as my iron doesn't fit on the holder, it's just a regular iron!
on 26 May 2017
excellent. arrived on time. good size and choice pf positions. stable which my last one was not. well pleased.