on 28 July 2011
My forerunner strap broke after 16 or so month wear in all sorts of conditions, mainly used for running but occasionally out on the MTB - until I bought the Garmin Edge 800 for the OS mapping. I like Garmin products, they work well and a fairly straightforward to operate. Spares like this are readily available too.

The strap itself broke around the buckle, so for the new one I'm not tightening it quite so much to see if it lasts longer. Easy to replace using the tool provided and comfortable to wear, even as a regular timepiece rather than just for workouts.
on 2 July 2014
This replacement strap is identical to the original and as such a very practical flexible strap for wearing during exercise. However although a tool is supplied fitting this replacement is far from easy (in fact I found it very difficult). The video I looked at on youtube made it look simple, it might be after you've done it many times but since you will hopefully only do this once it is very fiddly one of those jobs where you could really do with an extra pair of hands!
on 12 July 2014
This was the perfect way for me to avoid a new watch! It is a shame the standard strap on the 405 seems to break - but then this replacement is the perfect answer. Delivered quickly I read some reviews saying replacement was difficult, but using a little logic as the 'pins' have extra bands on them to get the tool in front of, the strap too less than 5 minutes to change.

Yes it is a little fiddly, but then so is any watch strap replacement and the tool provided does work well.

I am ordering another one as a spare for the next time the strap breaks:)
on 16 January 2015
The end of the tool provided to fit the strap snapped on the first attempt to fit it! My son managed to fit the strap but the first time I wore it the strap came off! Will probably end up paying to have it fitted.
on 29 November 2013
Just disappointing that Garmin don't sell the original watch with a more robust strap.
I only had mine for two years with intermittent use before it snapped
on 28 March 2016
after my garmin product broke, i was gutted. seeing this product had solved my issue where my watch is now working again. thank you
on 20 February 2015