on 1 March 2011
Bought one of these to try out since I read elsewhere that there could be a minor hiss problem, BUT I absolutely LOVE them. The build quality is great, they look good and more importantly they are extremely comfortable. I know its sad but I spent 5 hours last night watching movies in bed and they still felt good afterwards. Best of all is that even when I need to take a break I can still follow the movie even though I am out of the room!

As for the "hiss" described by other reviewers elsewhere, this goes away if you turn the TV volume to high and then control the headphone volume quite low - the sound is amazing! I must say that I can hear everything much better than if I was listening to the TV directly. I always make sure that after use I plug it back into the charger so that the phones are always fully charged and ready to use. Make sure you charge it for a full 16 hours before you use it - that little investment pays off in battery life and quality.

All and all a GREAT product and I would really recommend it - the range is good as well - I have walked in to the garden with these and had no sound loss.

I am buying another one today for my partner as well and at the price it's absolutely worth it!
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2011
I am very pleased with these, they come with their own rechargable batteries and are comfortable to wear. Sound reproduction is very good as is battery life.
on 6 June 2011
I have absolutely no complaints so far. They've worked exactly as described with nice, clear sound.
At first I thought they were broken, or rubbish, but then I realised that I had to turn up the 'headphone' volume on the tv's menu.
on 9 May 2011
I have used these headphones for about a month now and their quality is very good.

I bought them primarily so that I didn't disturb my fiancé whilst I was watching sky sports or playing on the Xbox for extended periods.

The battery life is extremely good (no issues at all following about 6 hours usage).

The only slight issue I found is the feedback you sometimes get. As the length of the audio in cable is not that long, you tend to have to situate the Ariel quite near your electrical equipment. This can be rectified by turning the volume up quite high on the device you are using IE PC then controlling the volume level on the headphones themselves.

All in all they are pretty good quality for their price.
on 27 June 2012
Product arrived quickly and was reasonably priced, so no complaints there. Easy to set up, comfortable to wear and very good range - can go anywhere in the house and still pick up sound clearly. Other users comments regarding hiss bang on - turn up the source and turn down the headphones and all good. My only gripe, apart from the absence of a stand, is the plug on the base unit. Was it unreasonable to expect a standard 3 pin UK plug rather than the 2 pin with adapter set-up supplied? It works but is a bit bulky and you have to be careful that the plug is securely inserted in the adapter or it won't charge. I'm assuming I haven't been sent an overseas version of the same product, in which case why can't it have a standard one piece plug? Pity, as otherwise a very good product.
on 18 November 2015
A good purchase but I have two caveats: first you need to raise the tv volume almost the max and to lower the volume on the headphones to avoid the hissing noise. Second, the red light on mine, which indicates charging, seems to disconnect by itself, which I try to solve by unplugging then plugging the headphones immediately to the charging dock and once I do that it continues to charge fine.
on 24 September 2011
Firstly, the negative points - the rechargeable battery life is not great and as they take hours to charge it's best to buy alkaline batteries and the headset itself is not adjustable, so one size fits all.
However, they are lightweight, very comfortable and the range is extraordinary.
I am sitting in my garden in the late summer sunshine listening to my indoor stereo as I write this review and there is barely an interruption.
I wear them while I cook, clean, make the beds and use the upstairs toilet, the signal travels through my house's 18 inch stone walls without any hiss and the sound quality is almost as good as any corded headphones I've owned. Just set the control on your stereo/TV, control the volume on the headset and wander around the house listening to your favourite radio stations or TV programmes. All in all a great headset.
on 25 May 2012
I got these after reading hundreds of reviews of these and others. It seems all of the wireless headphones have minor problems. So read the other reviews for general points, I am just going to describe the "hiss". I bought these because the build quality is excellent, the sound quality is excellent, and the company takes pride in its products - all of which is true.

I am a musician and I use the headphones a lot, for listening to music videos on my computer. If you have the volume on your computer at less than 100%, there is a constant whooshy background sound, which my previous (wired) headphones didn't have. It is there wherever I put the transmitter within the 1-metre length of wire as supplied. I can't say it's not a problem. It is quite audible; and when listening to a drum beat alone, you can hear it. With most music it disappears under the sound. If you focus your mind on it, it'll never go away. But if you turn the computer volume up to 100% and use the volume control on the headphones, it is a quiet whoosh.

I am very pleased I bought these rather than the others, as I realise the technology (at this price level) isn't perfect yet. If you want perfection, spend another £100 ;)
on 5 August 2014
This is a replacement for a previous Sony set that I had. Big let downs are:

1. the kit does still does not plug into my Samsung TV. They do however work with my Sky Box, but that causes difficulties when I need to use the TV on terrestrial whilst I am recording two things simultaneously on Sky.

2. the power plug is a continental style. (Is it legal to sell electronic equipment in UK like that???) So it is necessary to change the plug, or plug and cable, or use an adaptor.

However the sound quality is still excellent.
on 18 June 2013
I was a bit worried that given the cheaper price for a Sony product, the quality would match, but I was wrong. I have always bought Sony earphones when I needed a good pair and have been very happy with them all. I bought some cheap skull candy in ear ones once and they are growing on me slowly. Nevermind.

The Sony's. After a long charge (I read it's worth it) I finally sat down to watch The Terminator on Blu Ray. I have been waiting to watch this for ages and as I have a small child, it's not something you can watch on a summer's afternoon. So I finally got my hands on these for Father's day. Once charged and after a little fiddling, I sat down and proceeded to enjoy the movie. The sound is crisp and clear and the bass sounds well as well. I found that if I turned up the volume on the tv and reduced the volume on the earphones there was less hissing, the hissing isn't a problem really. It shouldn't put you off buying them.

It was easy to sit for two hours comfortably and enjoy the movie. They are quite light as well. It must be added that it can use AAA batteries as well, both single use and rechargeables, but you CANNOT charge rechargeables in the headphones, you must charge them out of the headphones in their own charger. Using single life batteries, you might get more use, I don't know yet...

I didn't buy mine on Amazon so I paid a bit less, but Amazon's sale service is excellent so why not.

Sound quality, 9/10 comfort 9/10 battery life? not sure yet.

Excellent for about 35-40 quid :)