My of my, what a blast from the past these were. I purchased these after a discussion in the pub, you know the kind... 'Do you remember them...'
I remember days when my father was in the pub, drinking away, and would occasionally bring me treats whilst I sat in the car in the car park. Child care in the 80's was great! With no wifi, smartphone or mp3's to keep us busy, it was imperative that the public houses sold something to keep the hundreds of children locked in a car across the country happy, and with this product they knocked the proverbial ball out the park. Loved by kids and adults alike, these little bad boys pack a punch and a half.

You always had crisps from childhood that were so overly flavoured, the odd one would make your eyes bleed (with happiness). Whilst you only get a handful in a pack, each one is so flavoured you don't need 20+, just one every few minutes and your eyes will roll back whilst you dribble like George Best in his hay day.

At the moment of writing this review I’m coming down from my latest Scampi filled weekend binge and was disgusted to check the snack cupboard this morning and notice I’d done it again, all packs are gone. I sometimes think there’s a phantom snack eater in my house, who comes in the middle of the night and eats the remaining packs before covering my chest in crumbs to frame me for it every time.

I live in Belgium and come back to the UK every 3-4 weeks, not to visit my family, but to pick up more Scampi fries! The annoying thing about these bad boys is my wife’s taken a liking to it. I mean FFS, is nothing sacred anymore. It was bad enough trying to make these last a month when it was just my drunk clutches grabbing bags of these on my way to the fridge for some night time ‘fine dining’.

First off, don’t kid yourself into thinking you’re buying crisps as such. I honestly don’t know how they came about it, but they managed to incorporate a huge amount of guilt into every bite. Like Crack Cocaine, the guilt does not outweigh the pleasure you feel with every bite, and I’d probably fence my mums electronics to buy these if I ever ran out of cash. Each individual piece gives you the feeling you’ve eaten a small Fray Bentos pie, they’re like them minerals you read about when you’re a kid where 1 nanogram is heavier than a London Bus, but does that stop me, NOT ONE BIT.

The hardest thing they’ve managed to pull off is giving each piece the flavour of 10000 dried, stinking Scampi’s. To the untrained stomach that might sound disgusting, but there’s a level of sophistication in these tiny fishy morsels that goes beyond a bar room snack. I for one would not think it out of place to be nibbling on these at a wedding reception, they’re that good.

The crumbs that cover your fingers are an extra bonus. It’s creates that magic moment you have when you realise your bag is empty, but then look at your fingers and notice they’re covered in magical golden dust. Mmmmm. Once my dog made the mistake of licking my hand shortly before that magic moment, and whilst I love him to bits, the 200 quid Vet bill was worth it if he learnt his lesson

I’ve tried various consumption methods in order to make these last longer like allowing them to melt on your tongue, but found the best way to make these last is to do a Harry Potter on anyone else who lives with you (tie them up and lock them under the stairs) until you’ve run out.

TIP – Don’t throw the empty packs away, I found that even though the packs inside has a foil like look and feel, it does keep some flavour in the walls so you can lick them until your next delivery.
FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY ON THESE – ARE THEY MAD!!!

Oh - if you don't like overly fishy smelling treats, steer well clear of these. There's nothing subtle about these, NOTHING. Alternatively, if you have a serious body odour issues, open one of these bad boys on the train and nobody will notice your funky armpits anymore.
on 18 August 2012
I first came across Cheese Moments at a warehouse but just bought five packets to try. By the time we arrived home I had eaten the lot!
I have tried to buy these at my supermarket but could never find them.
I always try Amazon as they seem to stock absolutely everything and was `over the moon` to find them in packs of twenty four.

When a large box arrived I couldn`t wait to get into the contents and over the next two weeks I ate the lot, even hiding them from my grandchildren!
I still think they are the best snack ever, although a little pricey, as one bag is never enough, you just have to eat two at least.
I didn`t feel so guilty when I read the cheese moments are made from cereal.
By far the best snack ever invented.
IF THERE EVER WAS THE PERFECT TRIPLET, IT WOULD BE CHEESE MOMENTS, BACON AND SCAMPI FRIES. EATING ALL 3 AT THE SAME TIME WOULD POSSIBLY MAKE YOUR HEART ARTERIES SELF COMBUST FROM A JOYOUS OVERLOAD OF GREASY CALORIFIC GOODNESS.

THESE BAD BOYS ARE SO FLAVOURSOME IT'S ILLEGAL TO PRODUCE THESE IN LARGE BAGS DUE TO THE DANGERS OF MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.

EAT THESE SPARINGLY, TOO MANY IN AN EVENING CAN LEAVE YOU WITH A BACON TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH FOR 20+ HOURS AND THEY REALLY ARE A 'HEAVY' SNACK. MY RECORD IS 4 BAGS IN ONE EVENING, AND WHILST I THINK I COULD EASILY BREAK THIS RECORD I DON'T THINK I'D WANT TO, IN THE SAME WAY ALCOHOL LOVERS STOP DRINKING AT POINTS THROUGH FEAR OF BEING TOLD THEY NEED TO STOP DRINKING ENTIRELY.

TAKE IT SLOW AND PREPARE FOR A MARATHON OF BACON GOODNESS OVER YOUR LIFETIME

AS MENTIONED BY MANY, FRAZZLES ARE CHEAPER, READILY AVAILABLE IN MOST SHOPS IN THE UK AND HAVE THE SAME FLAVOUR PROFILE, BUT TO ME, IT'S LIKE COMPARING THE BEST CUT OF MEAT WITH THE CHEAPEST. SAME FLAVOUR PROFILE, DIFFERENT UNIVERSE ENTIRELY.

IF I WAS TO EVER GO CHARLES MANSON AND SET UP A RETREAT IN THE BOONIES WITH A SET OF CRAZED VOLUPTUOUS FOLLOWERS, THE POISON OF CHOICE FOR A MASS ORCHESTRATED SUICIDE WOULD BE 'DEATH BY BACON (AND SCAMPI) FRIES. I COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO GO IN A PG, NON-SEXUAL, EXPLICITLY RESTRICTED ENVIRONMENT LIKE AMAZON.

GIVE YOUR HEART THE JOY IT DESIRES, FILL THOSE ARTERIES WITH WADS OF PORK SATURATED GREASY GOODNESS. DON'T TAKE THE PILLS, TAKE THE PORK.

**TIP - THERE'S A UK STORE THAT SELLS MANY ITEMS FOR THE PRICE OF A POUND. IT TOOK IT'S NAME FROM PLACES LIKE DISNEYLAND AND WONDERLAND. YOU CAN GET MULTIPACKS OF 3 BACON AND 3 SCAMPI FRIES FOR 1 POUND A PACK OF 6. I'VE NOT FOUND A BETTER PRICE. IT'S LIKE A DRUG DEALER SELLING CRACK AND PCP IN A HANDY, CHEAP GRAB BAG. TALK ABOUT DICING WITH DEATH.**

LONG LIVE THE PIG (NOT THE BLUE FLASHING LIGHT VERSION), LONG LIVE BACON FRIES, UNFORTUNATELY BY NODDING YOUR HEAD IN AGREEMENT YOU'RE ALSO CONDEMNING YOURSELF TO A SHORTER, HAPPIER LIFE.

YOU BACON, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
WE'RE GONNA OINK LIKE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
WE'RE GONNA SIP YOUR FAT BECAUSE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
AND WE DON'T GIVE A CLUCK CAUSE WE'RE EATING PIG, NOT CHICKEN

I THINK I'VE EATEN TOO MANY OF THESE.
on 9 December 2016
My husband and I bought these on a whim. We were drinking (way too much) one night at the pub. I was hungry so he got me scampi fries. I'm American and had never tried these before. It was love at first bite. I got so obsessed and wanted to keep buying these that as a joke I checked if Amazon had them... of course they did! As we don't want to die young, we implemented the rule of only taking two packs every time we went out drinking. I'm proud to say that the packs lasted us about 4 months. Go us!
on 20 January 2014
I used to buy single packs of these straight off the shelf at my local supermarket but they seem to have gone out of fashion. They could be likened to cheese footballs but these are so much nicer. The outsides are light and crispy with a savoury taste and the cheese inside a tasty powdered affair that is enough to keep you coming back for more (which I will be doing)
on 1 April 2012
I don't seem to find these snacks very easily in Worthing. Some independant newsagents stock them. Other than that I had previously purchased them in the local hospital League of Friends whenever my husband had an appointment. Then it occured to me to try Amazon and there they were! They are a real luxury and absolutely delicious so I placed an order immediately. After reading some of the reviews I was a little concerned about how long they would take to arrive but I placed the order on Wednesday and they arrived on Friday afternoon. Not only that, but the Cheese Moments order I sneaked in on Thursday was included in the gigantic box the Bacon Fries arrived in so top marks to the packer for combining the two orders. The Bacon Fries are rather sickly if eaten too fast or in too great a quantity but so far I have managed to limit myself to one packet every few days so they are likely to last a long time. Unless my husband gets a taste for them. So I haven't let him try them yet and on the occassions that I do surrender to their call I eat them in the kitchen while cooking the dinner and hope he doesn't come in. If that's not too incriminating...
Michelle
on 7 October 2013
Most crisps in my opinion seem to be laced with powerful drugs, given how addictive they are. Or I'm just a fat bastard. Probably that. Nonetheless these are the most delicious crisps I've ever enjoyed, seriously addictive and much cheaper this way than buying a packet in the shops or the pub.
on 8 November 2016
The crisps are wonderful! The best before date is long, the delivery was very quick
but as sad as I am I was a little disappointed they did not come with the cardboard backing to hang them up on the wall. They're for my other half for his little man cave, he loves them so where a silly gift, not as impressive in a cardboard box 😕
on 12 November 2014
Great product. We have loved Scampi Fries (and Bacon Fries) for a long time and have found them increasingly difficult to find (at least in Scotland), so was delighted to find both these products are available for sale on Amazon. I'm happy.
on 16 February 2015
Just as delicious as I remember them from the pub. Its the only place I've ever seen these sold (and got very addicted to them) and even then only the occasional bar stocks them. Shame the shops/supermarkets don't sell them. I think for 24 bags this is a very decent price. Purchased February with a sell by date of June - yeah, I think I'm gonna be able to eat them all by then - in fact (embarrassingly) probably within the week!