on 12 June 2010
I got my iPad on UK release day and had no choice but to get the official Apple case (Its a £400 plus device so immediate protection is a must and the Apple case conveniently was the only case available - I'm sure a lot of early buyers fell into the same trap). But after a couple of days of use (with the official case) I had a few gripes...

1. It gets dirty, quick... A dust magnet, you'd rest the iPad on a clean table and come away with annoying smudges and from time to time blemishes develop which you can not account for (how did that get there???!)

2. Although it has some nice features (slim, good grip, Apple logo) it covers up the aesthetics of the iPad, like the black and silver bezel...

3. Taking the iPad out of the case is a long and protracted affair, you have to squeeze and pull across the corners of the case whilst at the same time ensuring you don't get carried away and scratch or crack the device...

This case alleviates all of the above, it does not stain easily,and actually it just looks better. The case looks like a portfolio, and if need be you could take this to meetings and look good in the process. The case offers great protection and has a good size and weight to it (with the case on the iPad is not that heavy or bulky). What I love most about this case is that the iPad is more accessible than with the official case, its held in by elasticated bands in the corners which means it can be taken out in seconds which also means you can see the iPad in full (I paid a lot of money for this device so I think its only fair that I can see the design in full rather than use a case that covers up everything but the screen). Lastly the case can easily be manipulated to use as a landscape or portrait stand, a feature I was not expecting and appreciate not to mention the iPad looks more secure stood up with the Griffin Case on than with the official Apple case (I wouldn't risk that). This would have been a 5 star case had it not been for the next couple of points:

1. The absence of real leather - but then again this would have ramped up the price in any case and the case still looks great anyway.

2. Whichever way you lodge the iPad in a couple of buttons or locks are covered... With the set-up I have the elasticated corners cover the rotation lock and part of the speaker, but its no big deal as I rarely use the speakers and the bands have enough slack to pull down and get access to the rotation lock...

3. There is no mechanism for elevating the ipad to a 45 degree angle in landscape mode to improve typing speed. This is the main plus point of the apple case, but in hindsight I don't think my typing is that much slower without this feature (I'm comfortably typing up this review with the case on) and if you are going to be typing on a regular basis or use the iPad as a laptop replacement you should just get the keyboard dock or wireless keyboard...

Other than that its a great case and for me much better value for money than the Apple case. Definitely recommend one.
on 10 June 2010
This is a good case, looks professional and business like and would definitely protect the ipad. The addition of card holders is good and it's nice having the place to store slips of paper.

My only complaints would be that the leather straps that hold each corner of the ipad into the case cover up the rotate lock and screen lock buttons which can be really annoying, especially if you read books on your iPad. The other thing is that the leather stitching on the inside of the cover flap could possibly scratch the glass of the iPad so it would be worth getting a screen protector.
on 2 July 2010
unfortunate design of product: the corner straps cover the power button too tightly and keep switching the iPad on when the case is carried about. I discovered the problem within seconds of unwrapping it and returned it for a refund immediately.
on 2 July 2010
This seems to be the best case. High build quality and it is very quick and easy to remove the ipad from this case. Although the power button is covered by one of the straps you can still use it by pressing on the strap itself. Recommended.
on 24 January 2011
This cover was bought for an Ipad. The cover itself is good quality but the small leather strips that hold the Ipad in place are useless. They do not hold the device securely.
on 19 December 2010
The two non elastic clasps on the case are far too short and have started to split after just a few days use. The case does not keep my iPad secure, and I have returned to Amazon. Not recommended.
on 9 August 2010
Went to John Lewis to see what they stock for the iPad and then bought it from Amazon. Traditional design, excellent product and quality finish. Despite what some may say the corner location straps do not obstruct any of the buttons or the headphone socket.
on 24 January 2012
My example had an obvious manufacturing defect - one of the non-elasticated loops that hold the iPad in place was too long and fixed in the wrong position. Result : it doesn't grasp that corner of the iPad at all, and the whole is not secure.

If it had been made properly this item would have been OK, but with Quality Control like this it has to be graded as junk.

Look elsewhere.
on 9 September 2011
This is a good looking cover and feels great.

Unfortunately, after using for a while, the non-elasticated corner straps become deformed and do not hold the iPad securely. This caused mine to fall out although, fortunately, it's fall was broken by my foot!
on 24 January 2013
I'd read very good reviews of this ipad cover on the internet but couldn't find one at a price I considered to be reasonable. Then I found this one and thought there must be a catch - I was wrong! The cover comes in all it's original packaging as it would from a shop and the quality is exactly the same as if I'd bought it on the highstreet. The pockets on the inside of the cover allow for credit cards and notes (probably not enough room for cash) to be kept with the ipad. I'm sure the other half will love this for his birthday present! Also very prompt delivery in packaging suitable to the cover, it fitted through the letterbox so no need to fetch it from the Post Office :)