on 6 August 2014
I use this with full fat milk after I've trained and it works really well. I'm quite skinny and struggle to build mass but I'm seeing some good results with this powder so far. It tastes nice but I don't like the taste when mixed with water (I don't like any protein shake made with water). Some of the ones I've tried gave me stomach ache but this stuff has never caused a problem.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who needs a little help getting bigger, and at this price it won't break the bank either.
on 5 February 2016
I'm a skinny veteran athlete & use protein shakes to build muscle - apparently we lose muscle as we age. Started with ProMax Lean, which had some effect, then recently switched to USN (banana flavour) for the 50% cost saving. In one month of two scoops after each run or workout (total 5 sessions/week), I've added an unprecedented 4 pounds of muscle and lost an inch off my waist. YMMV of course.
on 6 December 2015
So when buying protein supplements, the 2 most important things are ingredients and flavour. Where the protein has got its 2 stars is the ingredients it contains and the fact that the price when I bought was quite cheap. However, when consuming a protein shake, if the flavour doesn't taste good or makes you not enjoy your protein shake. It will just be sitting there and not being consumed.

In my case, i bought the chocolate flavour when it was on offer and boy... the first shake I made did not taste good. So I was stuck with a 2.28kgs tub of protein that I hated drinking after my workout. The taste was very watery and kind of artificial, hard to explain. I have had better chocolate flavour proteins like Optimum Whey and PhD whey. Both products tastes a lot better than the USN Chocolate Whey.

I will definitely not get this protein flavour again.
on 10 January 2016
Firstly, if not for the price i would mark this down purely because it's not as advertised... Sort it out Amazon.

Now don't get me wrong, the product is top notch, more on that in a mo... But Amazon has two different Whey proteins in the various pictures, and what Amazon sent on this occasion matches neither of the products shown - It's not the all blue "protein premium" tub, and it's not the white with blue label "100% whey" tub, its USN's "Whey Protein Premium" in a white tub with blue label... as far as i can tell it's the exact same product that's in the all blue tube. I suspect the pictures need updating, but as it's essentially the same thing, brilliant price (3rd cheaper than most places!) and has a decent expiry date (exp 07/2017) i'll let it slide and not bump my rating down, after all the rating should reflect the product not Amazon's performance.

I opted for the Vanilla and i don't regret it. I've tried a few other Vanillas in my time, and this is the best of the bunch. It's recommend to have 1 heaped scope with 200-300ml of water, this alone is really tasty, not overly sweet (i look forward to it!), it mixes perfectly in a shaker, no lumps or grittyness. I generally have one as my after workout shake to aid recovery, but if it's a late session and i'm hungry or if i'm feeling a little pekish when trying to stay lean i'll occasionally have a scope with 300ml organic milk and let me tell you it tastes 100% like a McDonalds Vanilla Milkshake! Winner.

Obviously taste is subjective, so take from this what you will, but hopefully this helps some. Especially those new to these products this month! (the big January fitness boom and all that jazz)

Update: ordered another, this time sent as per images (blue 100% core series), sadly it's not as good as tasty as the previous tub, this version is vanilla, the previous was vanilla cream. It's overly sweet, to the point that I've cut down to one post gym session only (was on two a day). Doh.
on 6 November 2015
USN make a lot of products to promote muscle growth. I decided to stick with basic whey protein and have not been disappointed. It contains many other essential ingredients to help promote muscle growth. It certainly gives me peace of mind to know that I'm providing my muscles with the correct fuel and great quality, to give me the best chance of achieving my goals.
review image
on 4 January 2014
Great product, does exactly what it says. Tastes well. Would recommend for anyone looking to bulk/build lean muscle whilst weight training
on 20 January 2011
This product was well worth the money!, and it tastes great! <3. I've tried the same product in strawberry didn't like it!, but this is lush with water or milk!. Also seller was fast with shipping it came the next day even though it said it was going to take 3 days! (:.

Very pleased 5/5!

Ps. I suggest you get a shaker bottle!, the product doesn't mix that great in a glass with a fork! (:
on 1 October 2015
We can put a man on the moon; we can clone a sheep; we can create an artificial heart... but we still can't make protein shakes that don't taste like the straining's of the Devil's vest.

This, though, is pretty palatable. Especially in a smoothie with oranges.
on 22 September 2012
Hey people I am writing a short review on Usn's chocolate shake. This is a great product and I have increased a lot more muscle mass with Usn's shakes compared to all the others I have tried, it really helps speed up the recovery process however I would not go for the chocolate flavour it is horrible strawberry cream is the one I would recommend. Thank you for reading and I hope this helped.
on 15 January 2015
Arrived quickly. Well packaged. I normally go for the chocolate and wish I had again. Banana is a little too sweet for me. Also even with the minimum amount of water it's still quite runny whereas I like it a little thicker so normally add in a banana in a mixer or crushed ice.