on 7 October 2010
After toying with the idea of getting the official Apple AV cables I decided to go for this product instead. It really does what it says on the box with absolutely no fuss. After unpacking I simply connected the power, plugged in the AV cables to the TV and put the ipod touch into the dock. After configuring the ipod output (very simple instructions), both sound and vision came on right away. This was an initial worry as some users have reported non apple AV cables not working on ipods above 2nd gen (I have a 3rd gen Ipod touch O/S v3). I can confirm this dock 100% works on 3rd gen, the picture quality is excellent and the sound quality is very good (it seems even better when playing music rather than films?)

The nifty remote has a screen similar to the original ipod nano and is very simple and clear to use, allowing films/music to be selected and even volume control without having to return to the ipod, which charges in the dock during use. Due to its compact/portable nature I have watched numerous films and even all of season 8 of 24 whilst on the road in hotels through the use of this ipod dock. An excellent product that for a change works really really well. I was not dissapointed at all, especially for the price.....
on 3 October 2010
I saw this advertised on the back page of an in flight magazine. I had been looking for a way to get music out of my iPod and through a reasonable sounding system but didn't like any of the midi/mini units that come with an iPod doc as their quality wasn't up to what I wanted. Most of all I wanted to be able to fully control the music remotely. This product answers all the questions. Very easy to set up and connect to a hifi (in the end I connected it to a Cambridge Audio Topaz amp and a pair of Wharfedale 9.0 bookshelf speakers. The results are stunning. You can control the iPod, see the same menu screens on the remote as if you were handling the iPod itself and you can control the machine from other rooms.

The only, tiny, downside is that after a few minutes the remote goes into a standby mode. Probably to save battery life. It takes a few seconds to fire back up again which means if you want to do something really quick (like mute the sound or pause a track whilst you answer a phone) you have to wait while it comes to life again.

Overall though I would thoroughly recommend.
77 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2011
This product could have gotten 5 stars, however I think only a perfect product should get this and so have given it 4 for the following reasons:

- If you have large libraries, it can take a very long time to scroll to find a song
- The controller does take a little while to respond once in stand-by
- The blinking blue light is very annoying
- Some times the width of the LCD screen is long enough to view enough of the song or album names.

Conversely:

- No other controller will let you navigate your library at all making this the ONLY useful iPod doc remote I've found to date. Play pause and next are simply not good enough when you reach the end of a play-list or album, so I love it's LCD screen.
- Having it standby to save power is a great feature if you ask me and it does not do this unless left for a good 10 mins or so
- You can hide the unit itself in a cabinet or even a draw as the remote is not IR. This also means it works in other rooms. Thus far I've had it working just fine in all rooms adjacent to the one the unit is in (up-stairs and down) :-D
- The menus are simple and easy to use.
- The screen is clear and does an admirable job of representing your songs with what it has.

Ultimately, I LOVE the device and would recommend it to anyone with an existing sound system to plug it into. It was really simple to set-up with not hassle and works a treat.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 September 2011
First, this is quite a substantial item, being a couple of inches high and about 4 inches in diameter (yes, it is cylindrical). So, quite different from many docks, including Apple's own. As usual with this type of device, you first of all need to fit the correct adaptor for your iPod or iPhone. Then plug the dock into the mains. Insert the iPod/iPhone and you are almost ready. The final step is to pair the remote control with the iPod or iPhone. I found this fairly straightforward, although it did take a couple of attempts.

As you would expect, the dock charges the device fitted. It does not provide any USB connectivity, though. I have not tried the AV connections, so cannot comment on the dock's usefulness here. I use it exclusively for listening to my iPod through headphones, and it works very well in this role. Sound quality is excellent with a wide variety of musical genres. This is no more than I would expect from Logic3 - I am a very satisfied user of the Logic3 Valve 80 Hybrid Vacuum iPod Dock Amplifier with Remote Control.

The most notable point is the remote control. Unlike most docks, it has an LCD screen that mimics the iPod display. So you can navigate through your music looking at this rather than the iPod. This is a very useful feature. One drawback is that the remote has no clickwheel - so with a long list of albums, artists, and so on, you have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the end.

Another drawback is that the volume controls have no effect (on my 5th Generation iPod Video). As I tend to leave the volume alone most of the time, in practice this is not an issue.

If you are looking for an iPod/iPhone dock, this should definitely be on your shortlist.
on 3 December 2013
Have given it 4 stars so people can read this asap - the company is in receivership and no help is available

SO: Beware who you buy it from if you need to return it.

rang Logic3 support line listed on back of instruction leaflet to find they have gone into receivership and help not available.

Rang Pricelovers to say could not get it to work - they will assess if I can ship it back, then will test it and if faulty offer me a refund. Not good for me as its a Christmas present.

Would not recommend, spent ages trying to get it to pair up, managed that to find it would not recognise the iPod - message "ipod not connected", followed instructions from another reviewer (thanks!) and removed the cradle. But no joy, although the unit now recognises an iPod is now connected no sound coming from the unit! Does not matter how loud I turn thre volume up, not a peep.

So frustrated, want to send it back. Can only assume it will not work with 5th generation iPods.
on 28 July 2013
I was using a Pure i10, which I was extremely disappointed with (read my review on it) & upgraded to a Pure i20 which was fantastic (again, read my review). I moved the i10 to my bedroom unit, & whilst it worked OK, it was nothing stunning.

Then this popped up at twenty quid. I'd been toying with this one, but chose the i20 as it was slightly cheaper & had slightly better reviews. So I thought at this price, I'd change the i10.

The unit is a solid feeling base, & whilst it's bigger than the i10 is smaller than the i20. The remote is chunkier than the Pure remotes, feels a bit lightweight, but good enough. Comes with various cables, unfortunately no 2 x phono to 2 x phono. Used a spare set of Fisual Install Series (excellent value), hooked it up & without having to follow the connection instructions, the handset found the unit straight away.

Switched on & started playing straight away. Fantastic sound, & fully controllable from the handset. Sound wise, as good as the Pure i20 (to my slightly duff ears) with a good range to the volume. I've found that I set my stereo to about half volume then control it up or down as required from the handset.

The remote is more usable & responsive than that of the Pure. I've found that with the Pure RC, it has to be pointed directly at the base to work, with the Logic, I can be anywhere in the room & it still works. The small screen replicates the iPod screen, however, it's very dim & can be a struggle to see in bright light. I must speak to Logic & see if this is normal. The other slightly annoying thing is that when it goes into standby, there is few seconds lag before it responds.

So would I have picked this one over the i20? There's not a lot to choose between them sound wise, although the i20 slightly pips it. I think that maybe I would, but only because the RC is better. It comes down to whether you want a better functioning RC - if you want a more controllable RC, go for this one - if you want a slightly better sound go for the i20. But if this still twenty quid , grab one now.
on 8 May 2014
I bought this to add an iPod dock to my Denon do everything. I read the reviews and took a punt.

This works straight from the box and is a terrific buy at this price! I think the people who gave it good reviews may well have not realised that the plastic blank has to be removed to dock certain Apple devices. If you don't remove it the device just doesn't dock and you get an error message.

The remote is great too, giving total control of your iPod from across the room. Excellent bit of kit!
on 28 October 2010
I recently acquired an ipod classic to hold my CD collection and wanted to be able to connect it to my stereo and operate it remotely. Although not the prettiest of designs, this dock is ideal for my purpose. It charges the ipod while it's in the dock and the LCD screen on the remote control shows you (albeit only in text) the ipod's menus. If you don't use the remote for a few minutes it turns itself off (presumably to save the batteries) so when you press a button it first re-establishes connection with the dock to download the ipod menus. This only takes a few seconds so I don't find it a problem. It is particularly useful that the connection between remote and dock is wireless, so you don't need to point it directly at the dock for it to work.

I haven't had occasion to use anything other than the stereo connections, so can't comment on its ability to connect to a TV, etc.
on 14 July 2014
A handy device to plug my iphone 3 into and listen to music on my hifi system. It works well and the sound reproduction is pretty good. Only slots in if the plastic sleeve to protect my iphone is removed. The remote is useful though I tend to listen to internet radio and just leave the iphone playing the station it is on.
on 4 September 2013
Needed an Ipod dock for my old Ipod Touch 2nd Generation, which we only use for playlists in the house and on long car journeys. Looked at so many possible docks on Amazon and Ebay, my eyes were losing the will to live. Wanted one that had audio cables (RCA) and obviously a dock that fit the model we have. Also good charging etc. Preferably wanted a remote as well. Well looked at all possibles, all had great, good, bad and terrible reviews. Was close to despair as to which to choose. Plumped for the Logic3 LCD Pro Dock. It came, with Prime, today, and I set it all up in about 3 minutes. Works an absolute treat. The 2nd Gen Touch fits the dock without any additional adaptor / plastic bits. The power is an AC/DC adaptor rather than just the USB cable into a USB adaptor plug.The remote worked immediately. Can switch between Music, playlists etc. Have played DAB over TuneInRadio app.

Seems perfect. £20 seems a lot of money for a bit of plastic to stick your Ipod into just to link it to your HiFi, but you get the dock, the remote, RCA audio cables, and RCA video cables. All in all a very good deal.

Heartily recommend it.