on 1 June 2010
The fire engine didn't exactly fit well together and the steering wheel rod had no pre-drilled holes in it to attach the white hook, which fixes it to the vehicle body. We had to drill our own and hope that we didn't crack the pastic.
We already have the Little Tikes police car which the children love. We expected the same quality and size from the fire engine. However, although it says that it is for children up to age 5, my four year old grandson who is not a very big child, struggled to get into it.
There is no door and he had to climb in. Each time he was left with his left leg outside the vehicle and no way of getting his foot in. We had to show him that he must climb in and remain standing until both legs are inside and then he can sit down. I would imagine the problem is no different for a younger child because it would entail a fair bit of climbing either way. Definitely a disappointment.
Still having said all this, my grandson loves it and when the better weather comes, will love the water tank and the hose. As I am a registered childminder, I have no doubt it will get a lot of use one way or another.
on 14 December 2011
Bought this for my Grandson for Xmas. Fortunately I decided to put it together well before Xmas and within the return period as there were 2 parts missing. Easy to order a replacement + return original. Toy looks good but as it won't be used until Xmas can't yet say for certain.
on 31 March 2016
Great looking fire truck, bought for my grandson's xmas and I'm sure he will love it, solid build quality and should last for years. Pretty easy to assemble too, got it at a good price and was delivered fast, well happy
on 8 September 2015
....only reason it didn't get five stars was because the pump did take a bit of work to get airtight and work properly. When it did, it was thoroughly enjoyed by my son. Super solid quality as all these cars are.
on 5 June 2014
Great service from amazon but tiny tikes product a real let down. Assembly parts missing, a part left over with no instruction for it, a real nightmare to put together once together not a great set up steering wheel doesn't turn, no door on car child has to climb over and water leaks would not recommend.
on 17 November 2013
Bought this for my nephew last Christmas; he loves it. The only problem is the arguments over whose turn it is to ride in it.
Much cheaper on amazon than other retailers at the time inc free delivery.
on 29 January 2015
The product was very hard to put together and the instructions were confusing as with all other little tikes products. My little boy loved this but it very hard to steer and would be better if it had a door. I brought this on sale at £50 and would pay no more than that. Very fast delivery from the seller.
on 18 September 2014
Never seen anything like this in uk shops it's brilliant a must for any toddler it's strong and the spray feature keeps them entertained for hours assembly is difficult but well worth it 10 out of 10 all round it's a must folks
on 4 June 2013
Excellent , it was more than expected. Grandson loves it so we love it . I would recommend this truck to everyone. It take time to build but once built . It is robust and takes the rigours of garden driving in its stride.
on 28 August 2010
I bought it as a gift for my nephew and he was very happy, especially because he loves plaing with water. Alot of fun, a lot of laughter :)