Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 23 June 2010
I must admit I'm not much of nature documentary fan but after seeing the trailer for Crimson Wing I decided to rent the film from itunes. I was so impressed that I have since bought the movie and soundtrack. The film follows the life of flamingo's on Lake Natron in Tanzania. The cinematography was breathtaking and together with the moving soundtrack it gave the film real depth. I can't wait to see any new documentaries that come from Disney Nature. I'd also recommend the soundtrack to the film The Crimson Wing: Mystery Of The Flamingos as well as the track 'To Build A Home' which was featured in the trailer.
on 4 December 2011
A must see film for lovers of African landscape and flamingos - lesser flamingos take center stage here as they nest upon the salt islands of the hostile lake natron at the center of Africas great rift valley. The film follows the courtship,nesting and rearing of the grey chicks who then must march across the dried salty lake bed to the lakes edges where they grow to fledge.After this the film does become rather repetitive and perhaps boring if you are not smitten by flamingos.A brilliant peice of natural film making non - the less. the film does not hide the harsh battle the birds face in their habitat and at the end a message tells the viewer that the whole lake is at risk from human development - a soda ash plant!

The at times annoying soundtrack which would be better being left out for periods allowing the calls of the flamingos themselves to be more noticed and silly words used by the narrator Mariella Fostrup who's voice does suit and add to the film but the script she reads left me baffled - saying a flamingo chick was grooming rather than preening! the fact that the larger greater flamingos nest among the lessers is also missed out.
on 9 July 2013
First I have to confess that I love Flamingos. So although it is Walt Disney, and I knew the narration would probably make me ill, I went ahead and got it. I don't regret one bit. Firstly the irritating narration by Mariella Frostrup IS gooey. But if you are capable of tuning that out, the visual rewards are amazing. I advise to turn down the sound a little and just sit back and watch these amazingly beautiful, but equally funny, creatures. I loved it. The five stars are for the flamingoes, and they are worth it
on 13 February 2014
I recently saw this on the BBC so have not yet seen it again on the DVD, but I have to say that it was the most poetic documentary I have ever seen on Nature and I've seen many. A must for not just nature lovers but for anyone who loves photography at it's best.
on 19 December 2013
Hi this is very beautiful story about Flamingos. Few scenes about chick suffering but done with realitism. Shows the beauty and love of those birds giving to their chicks. Best scene: when they have their 'dance'.
Would recommend to everyone that love real story told in nature.
on 9 August 2013
My Dad is an avid animal documentary watcher and he loved this film. Even my Mum and I who are not so loved this film. The filming is great, and the score fits perfectly to the action shot. It's a really interesting insight into the lives of the flamingoes.
on 2 June 2013
An amazing documentary, with one of the best original soundtracks of the last many many years. An unexpected surprise from Disney.
on 14 March 2011
This is one of the most fascinating natural life documentaries i've ever watched. It's simply breathtaking & so elegantly made. The camera & framing is flawless with some original soundtrack that compliments it nicely. I have to admit the music can be a bit over powering but in the totality of the scenes, it's easily morphed visually. I definitely recommend this film for adults & kids as well.
on 18 October 2013
Very good film depicting the life cycle of Flamingos. Sad in places but that is nature. Very informative and educational.
on 8 April 2010
This DVD is suitable for family viewing. The filming is excellent. Enjoyed by everyone who has watched it.