Top positive review
Perfect for small damp studio apartments
4 November 2018
Life in my studio apartment BEFORE buying the Meaco Small Home Dehumifier 10L:
- Damp/ stuffy smell when you walked in
- Moisture on the window every morning
- Black damp marks appearing on walls within a few weeks of me wiping them off
- Clothes and shoes in wardrobe getting layer of white mould on
- The bamboo drawers on a shelve unit getting a greenish mould layer every few weeks
Laundry: For drying laundry I used to set up a clothes horse under the heater in the bathroom with the extractor fan on, then shut the door and hope as much of the moisture as possible was removed as quickly as possible. I couldn't leave the heater on when I wasn't there so sometimes it would take me a few days to get things dry this way.
I had actually stopped cooking as much at home, because the smell of whatever I cooked would linger in the air for so many days. (PS I live on street level on a busy street so keeping a window open overnight etc. was not possible).
AFTER buying the Meaco:
- Apartment feels 'fresh' when you walk in
- Moisture- free windows every morning
- No issues with damp marks/ mould on clothers/ furniture/ anything else in the apartment
Laundry: I set up the clothes horse and use the laundry function and it gets everything dry in about 12 - 16 hours.
Cooking: The smell of what I've cooked for dinner is gone within a few hours.
Notes: I leave this on all the time. I empty the tank in the morning and depending on showers/ cooking / laundry etc. I either empty again before bed or the following morning.
I live in Dublin and it has added about €20 - 30 per month to my electric bill.