on 21 March 2017
I bought my first bottle of Lagavulin last year after seeing it featured in the hit US sitcom "Parks and Recreation". Everything Ron Swanson said about this whisky is true (Nectar of the Gods he called it). It's heavy and smoky with a satisfying burn, stays on the palette forever.

My only complaint is that it has ruined all other Scotch for me. If I sit down with anything else I'll wish I'd gone for the Lagavulin instead.
on 20 April 2017
Before I start I should mention that I'm a whiskey novice. This is only the third bottle of whiskey that I've purchased and this is the first 'peaty' style whisky that I've tried and in hind sight I should have tried one in a bar before purchasing this.
Upon opening this I genuinely thought it had turned. I found myself Googling 'why does my whiskey smell like tcp?'. The notes on the whiskey mentioned 'light antiseptic tones', to me it smelt like a hospital and I couldn't get over the smell. I started to drink it because, well I'm a Yorkshire man, so, tight. I couldn't justify just throwing it away.
The first few days I just drank it through pure stubbornness, then I started to, well, not just choke it down. I started to enjoy it, slowly, very slowly.
Half way down the bottle I liked it, being a novice to whisky I've not got to the stage where I love it as my drink of choice and I wouldn't be picking a peaty type for a while, but this is a nice drop.
Once you get over the smell (if you're not accustomed to it) this whiskey tastes lovely, it has a mellow burn that's not overpowering. I'm not going to start pretending that I'm know what I'm talking about when talking of 'tones and scents' but it's nice, warming and pleasant. I'd but it again after trying some more whisky types.
on 14 March 2017
Only my first bottle of the stuff, but it is my new favourite. As a drinker of £25-£35 whisky I have been hugely impressed with this. I like the Islay whiskys anyway but this is a cut above the ones that I have before and well worth the step up in price. Will definitely push the boat out again.
on 22 April 2017
Drink it and you'll be overcome by a sudden desire to craft a log cabin, fire place and a rocking chair with your bear hands just to enjoy this fine scotch wiskey properly.
on 26 February 2013
Bought as a present for my husband for Christmas. He loves it and calls it Bold with a Good Finish. A very unusual tasting whisky - almost a fruity hint.
on 4 May 2014
Thought a while about the price, its a fantastic whiskey, kind of elder brother of Talisker. I enjoy the smooth and mild smokiness of this malt
on 15 May 2017
As expected All good
on 15 April 2017
Very good whisky

Good price too
on 15 May 2017
Worth the extra for that special nghtcap..
on 20 May 2017
Good quick delivery at a good price and a epic Whisky.
Whats not to love...