on 9 March 2017
Bought as an upgrade for original PX100 because those ones lost the sticky pads and the generic replacement ones, though very cheap, kept peeling off. The new version also benefits from a less wobbly, more reassuring construction, and a single cable which really helps with tangling. Sound - I am not an audiophile but it's good, much more balanced than Beats which I used to think were good many years ago. For me a key feature is that they admit sound from the outside, which I like for staying aware of surroundings when walking around.
The problem was that they developed a loose / broken wire at the headphone jack within 4 months of purchase. I take good care of them, never squash them into a bag or anything, and in use they just sit in my coat or back trouser pocket. I contacted Amazon and they replaced them for free. But it's disappointing considering the original pair didn't have an issue for years. Perhaps I was unlucky, but that's my experience.
on 22 April 2017
I love these headphones. They sound decent (for their size) and they are relatively comfortable (compared to some). A few downsides - the pads are a touch loose and I can imagine them falling off at some point. The headphone band itself is quite round - this is better for comfort as the plastic parts don't come into contact with your face but it doesn't look quite so good visually. And of course, being wired, the cable always gets in the way (it's a touch too long for my liking). Nevertheless, I was looking for a relatively decent sound in a relatively small set of headphones and these fitted the bill perfectly so I will definitely look for something like this for my next pair. Oh, and the best part is, the headphone connector is right-angled which is absolutely wonderful for phone use and I wish all manufacturers used right-angle connectors.
on 5 October 2017
One of my favourite headphones for comfort and sound. Just had to buy another pair since a channel failed, and still haven't found another pair as comfortable and enjoyable as these. Also have Sennheiser Momentum over ear, px 200's, HD 595's, and Philips X2's but although these offer a better sound, none come close to the joy of wearing these featherweights with my A&K70. Not a neutral sound by any means, but still very enjoyable, and ever so easy to drive without a headphone amp.
on 29 December 2014
I lost my PX 100s at airport security and wanted to replace them. These mkII versions have a more ruged head band and sound just as good. My only concern are the tiny attachments where the earpiece swivels and the thought that the wires inside them must be minute!!! The mk1 cans had thick wires going directly into each can. My Mk1s were still working perfectly when they were lost AND after 4 years of pretty hard wear. Time will tell if the MkII is "improved" or not.
UPDATE:
After almost 2 years and a few nasty jerks, including one that pulled the left side cap right off (clips back) they are STILL working! I do wish the foam ear pieces were more secure. I see spares were available, and needed, as they do fall off easily.
Update: Right channel died today 12th June 2017. 2 and a half years lifespan. Just up and quit, one minute fine, next gone.
on 17 August 2017
As you would expect from the Sennheiser name, these headphones provide a rich detailed sound. I have many pairs of headphones from this company and other brands but these are perhaps my favourite sounding pair. The folding mechanism and carry slip case makes them great to pop in a bag and retrieve without tangled wires. They are very comfortable on with memory foam type head cushions. Build quality is also reassuring.
on 30 June 2017
I have had 3 pairs of these. The previous style was slightly different (more hub-cap than these). I keep coming back to them. I have a very expensive pair of B&W headphones which I don't think give the clarity. I also have another pair of over-ear phones, with too much emphasis on base - neither appeal to me like these. On ear is the best format for me in terms of comfort, and the clarity of these is excellent, with the right amount of base. I am in search of better and prepared to pay, but I haven't found anything so far, so hats off!
on 16 October 2017
I bought mine 4 years ago as a cheap pair when the normal price was only £25. Since then the price has shot up, presumably after somebody realised that they were too underpriced for their sound quality. I've bought other headphones since costing 5 to 8 times the price and I can't honestly say that they sound a great deal better then these.
on 18 July 2017
Once I thought that Sennheiser was one of the benchmarks, since I had Koss Porta Pro these were just meh, fixed my old headphones and returned these as there is no turn back after you get used top quality and ease of use of Porta Pro. Not a sponsored comment, that is a fact, I had to leave a comment for any future buyers.
on 6 June 2017
Really good quality headphones from Sennheiser. I don't have the best ears but the sound quality is excellent. Ideal for my purpose and very happy with this purchase. Can recommend product and seller.
Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
on 2 May 2017
I love these headphones. I am on my second pair and would definitely buy another if anything was to happen them. I love how you can fold them up and keep them stored neatly. They have been very durable and I have no complaints about the quality of sound from them.