on 18 October 2011
I've just come back from an adventure holiday in Peru, which is mostly a warm country, so I had with me a Gelert 3 season sleeping bag, which was plenty warm enough most of the time. However I spent a night camping at 3600 metre above sea level and that was quite a bit chiller (about 2 degrees without wind chill). With my sleeping bag fleece liner, I was toasty warm. The bag cocooned around my body and face nicely, which kept the air warm around my face. I was warm as soon as I climbed into the bag, and stayed very snuggly all night. I was, I suspect, warmer than my wife, who was in a 4 season bag.
on 20 November 2011
Bought this for my son for scout camp as he feels the cold. Felt it was quite large to fit inside a standard sized sleeping bag and that the material is basically thin fleece material. I think that if you need to keep warm, you need to invest in a propper 4 season sleeping bag, as he was still cold. He does however love it and uses it in his bedroom whilst playing ps3.
on 22 February 2012
Just took delivery of my fleece liner. Delighted with it. Does have a full length zip (didn't state this anywhere so had to check with manufacturer before ordering) - mine is right-opening - assume it exists in left-opening too. Does exactly what it says on the tin - made of fleece, nice and warm and packs away pretty well. Amazing value for around £12 including delivery. Not had a chance go test it yet in the extreme cold but you can tell it will be nice and warm.
on 27 December 2013
OK as a liner but it's not necessarily going to magically add an extra season to your sleeping bag.

I tried it on it's own in summer but didn't find it particularly warm and I don't do heat very well.
on 1 February 2012
My son is in Afghanistan with the Army at present. He requested one of these on the recommendation of 1 of his colleagues. The nights were getting colder & sleeping bags provided were not quite up to scratch. It arrived very well wrapped & within the specified timescale. Just had to re-lable it & send on, free thanks to BFPO. It arrived safely & my son's nights & now more comfortable. Thanks. HP
on 9 January 2014
great addition to the gelert sleeping bag, son say's it makes it nice and warm even when he was in a bunk house in october.
on 12 May 2010
The fleece liner was exactly what we needed, although we ordered Meduim and we recieved Large. It also took 2 motnhs to arrive and we almost ran out of time before our trip in which we needed it.

See one answered question