Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

5,385

on 12 July 2016
Don't pay the big bucks that other retailers are asking when these products do exactly the same. I had Sky Q installed and needed a longer hdmi cable than the 1m standard provided. The cable needed to support ultra hd or 4k. I went to PC World and they told me I 'had to have' their £80 cable to do the job. This didn't sit right with me and so I did some research. 'Which' amongst other reputable websites have done extensive research to prove you don't need to spend loads to get the same results as cheaper cables. Having received this 3m cable I can say I am receiving excellent quality 4k hd pictures for one eighth of the cost that High Street shops are demanding. High quality for a fraction of the cost.
I bought this to connect my Samsung LED TV to my Amazon Fire TV box so i could enjoy a 4K picture. They appear well made and look cosmetically very smart with their polished chrome and gold ends. The cable is made of Nylon and looks like it can wear well but after 8 months i can see that some of the nylon mesh work has slightly frayed off the cable near to wear it bends to insert into the TV. This is only on the outermost layer the the internal cable doesn't appear to be affected. The connectors are a good size to hold when inserting but if you have a narrow access for a HDMI cable these may cause problems.

Overall, it has enabled a 4K picture to be displayed and i haven't had any problem with the picture. My only concern is that the outer nylon cable may start to wear if you need to handle and repeatedly bend it.

If you liked my review please take a second to click the "Like/Helpful" button, it lets me know I'm doing things right. I do these to help Amazon purchasers make informed decisions about the products they are buying and I am not incentivised to leave a review.
review image review image review image
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2012
How do you review a cable ? Use it I guess.
First thing I noticed was the build quality, this is no wimpy cable.
Strong and secure fittings either end. Gold plated contacts not only
make it look classy, but ensure the optimum contact.
The cable itself is sturdy. a mesh outer casing keeping it flexible
enough even though it's a fairly thick cable. My television socket is
a good 14" off the floor, yet the cable is light enough not to put any
excess weight or pull on the connection.
There is a good 'feel' to the connection when plugged in, you are left
with no doubt that the cable is plugged in well.
I'm running a full spec HD LCD TV, with this cable taking the signal from my
computer. Works flawlessly, super quality picture, and amazing sound.
You may read that all HDMI cables are the same, ie: they all do the same job,
that might be true, but quality shines through, this cable is a bargain at the
asking price. Highly recommended by me.
Amazon made it easy to buy, and the supplier E4U electricals UK Ltd were prompt
and kept me advised of the order status, goods arrived very well packaged.
Care was taken over my order even though it was just one cable.
That was appreciated by me.
11 Comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2017
Tremendous product extremely well made and what a price for an HDMI lead of this quality, bought the first one to use with an android box and was so impressed with the difference of the Ibra lead compared to the normal HDMI lead i was using, in fact so impressed I ordered another two to use with other units and yes I am a very happy customer !
on 28 August 2013
After 12 months the connections became loose (at both ends so not an anomaly) and 3 months later one end completely broke so I have to buy a new cable. I'll just purchased a cheap one for 1/3 the price.. but it has the amazon brand on it so I suspect it will be better quality.
on 2 March 2013
The item was fine at first, but has now broken, clearly the cable where it enters the end connector has managed to move and probably sheared the wires, or at least made the wires come loose from setting.

Would have expected it to last longer. Disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 13 October 2016
Hate putting this but these really do exactly what they promise. We purchased a 4K TV some months ago, when you go down this road then the hdmi cables become mega expensive on the high street. To buy a like for like version of this cable we were distressed to find a price tag of nearly seventy pounds.

I bought this because Amazon and most of the traders are excellent they refund when that product does not live up to your expectations.

Do not despair this item is up to the job, as good as any of the high end cables on offer at rediculous prices at a fraction of the cost they arrived quickly efficiently and we were up and running in no time.

Months on they still work like a charm.

The old adage "you get what you pay for" does not apply here. You get value, quality and excellence.
on 30 June 2011
I purchased this cable in 2 nos looking at the reviews and the details mentioned. But the picture or the details doesnt tell you that the cable ends are bulged and circular in shape, which prevents it from inserting into the slim LED TVs ( I used it on Samsung LED TV and didnt fit). So be careful while choosing this cable. Another cable I bought for just one pound on Amazon is fit well and working fine.
55 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2010
The outer covering of the cable does not appear to be securely attached to the
HMDI shells, hence they can twist easily putting strain on the multiple internal
connections to the connector pins. The cable I bought broke within two weeks.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
Not too much to say about this, other than it works very well with my home PC, which I use for gaming and streaming video. Connected to a 24" HD widescreen monitor, I get excellent picture quality and noticeably less buffering than when I was using a DVI cable.