Size: 500ml|Change

on 8 December 2011
I always use this product when changing the water in my fish tank and have done since i have kept fish. The price I paid on Amazon was much cheaper than getting it in a pet shop.
on 21 October 2013
I've kept fish for years and have always used this make to dechlorinate the water before partial water changes.
I bought a larger amount this time as it works out cheaper than buying smaller bottles continually (I have a large tank).
Absolutely as it should be, I recommend.
on 8 August 2011
I ALWAYS USE TETRA AQUASAFE, IN THE LONG YEARS OF ME USING IT I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY WATER AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY MY FISH.
on 8 January 2016
I have only just started using this product but found it to be very easy and straight forward. All the information required is clearly printed on the bottle. Mine has a shelf life remaining of longer than 2 years which is brilliant. The bottle cap has a measuring cup in it to aid you using the correct amount as well which helps. You add 5ml's of water treatment for every ten litres of water you had to the tank, meaning this bottle will treat 1000 litres of water. I own a 240 litre tank and do a 20% water change every 7 days so this bottle should last me a little while

If you have found this review helpful please click yes as I am new to writing reviews for amazon. Thanks
on 4 March 2013
I have been using this water conditioner for years for water changes but also when I introduce new fish. It is very efficient. I buy the big bottles and keep a small one which makes it easier to dose and avoid over conditionning the water. I really recommend Aquasafe and I have tried many products over the years. Dosing: 1 small squirt per two litres... yeah I know, this is very approximative but frankly it's fine, my fish have never complained (or died by the way!!) I have rasboras, cardinals, tetras, angel fish, corydoras, ottos etc!
on 10 May 2016
Fish are not dead. And I've been using this for a few months now. Also way cheaper on here than the pet store. Another quality Tetra product, would recommend. Just make sure if you're adding water straight in, especially if changing a large proportion, to match the temperature. Water out the mains is way colder than the room temp water your fish will be in. I add some from the hot tap as well and make sure the temperature is the same before adding this solution, mixing and then adding to the tank. Fish seem to be doing well.
on 19 April 2016
Would recomment "BARGAIN PET SUPPLIES" as a supplier for this product. Kordian from Bargain Pet Supplies is a sincere trader who was so helpful in responding to my enquiry which I beleive will help all future buyers and present users of this product. Thank you Kordian @ BARGAIN PET SUPPLIES for this reply;
Dear Deepak,
I thank you for your patience. Your query had to be forwarded to Tetra's lab and that's what took so long. To keep things short - Aquasafe does not contain amines, however I know that PVP has the similar effect as amines - it creates chloramines when contacted with Purigen and hampers Purigens regenerative properties, so I asked about PVP as well. It turns out they do use PVP as a part of it's stress coat.

To sum it up: you can use Aquasafe but it would have to be done outside of your main tank where Purigen is or take out Purigen before using Aquasafe and put it back after 24-48 hours.

Please let me know if you want to return the product and I will provide you with our return address. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards, Kordian ; "Bargain Pet Supplies"

My question To Bargain Pet Supplies and all users of this products was ;

Many thanks for your prompt delivery. I have left a positive feedback with your company name mentioned, hope it helps!
However I have received the bottle with all foreign instructions and a small sticker with English which can be hardly read.
Please can you research and advise; I use seachem purigen filter media; does the slime coat element in this contain amines as this could render purigen useless,may even kill my fish?
If I use a water conditioner containing amines,my regenerated Purigen it will make it toxic and kill my fish.
Please confirm with manufacturer and advise as I may need to return this it it does contain Amines.

"Bargain Pet Supplies" replied very promptly to above;

Dear Deepak,
Thank you for contacting us, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

According to my knowledge Aquasafe will not have any negative influence on your Purigen but just to stay on the safe side I will contact our Tetra representative first thing in the morning and will get back to you ASAP.

PS We are working on bigger stickers and should implement them soon.

Kind regards,
Kordian

So here goes another very satisfied customer of such a VALUE FOR MONEY produc by TETRA.....

Hope this helps..Deepak
on 6 October 2015
Can't be beat for quality and cleanliness, Possibly the best tape safe product on the market. 10/10 for very fast delivery 10/10 for information on sale of item 10/10 for product and quality. And believe it or not the wilko's tap safe as well as there weekly cleaner is also very good quality for the money. But this is simply the best product for keeping those nasty chemicals out of your pond or aquarium water.
on 25 May 2016
Quick delivery - Excellent job of making tap water safe for aquarium use and claims to support fishes natural protective mucus, I always use about double recommended amount to be safe and leave a full 24 hrs in my container water when doing water changes. would recommend.
on 26 November 2012
I read several reviews on similar products before purchasing to use in my brand new tank set-up. The tank is now fully cycled and been running for about 3 months and I have never had any problems using this product. It must be doing it's job as the fish all seem happy after I do a water change. In the beginning, the water changes were quite frequent - every 1-2 days and now it's cycled, I change it once a week. I replace 20L (15%) of water during a change and use 10ml of product each time so it does last a while and therefore seems value for money considering how many water changes I've gone through. It was a fast delivery and overall I would recommend.