Style Name: GR8|Change
Price:£299.95+ Free shipping

on 27 February 2013
If you're an Audiophile or an avid music lover that is on the go, these are the the way forward. They're the cheapest IEM's that Grado offer, but they certainly don't feel or sound cheap.

The build is sturdy and the sound so far has been great. I know I still have to break them in, so to have a sound like I do which is straight out of the box is superb and only gives me high hopes.

You get a small variety of foam and silicon tips which might be a bit of a struggle to get used to compared to the average universal ones you get with pretty much every other standard pair of low budget earphones. There are some info leaflets and a carry case. But where these earphones shine and rightly so, is their sound.

The sound is great out of the box. Any Grado fan will not be dissapointed. The soundstage is wide and spacious and has superb clarity and detail straight out the box. The bass is tight and a little recessed, but I'm certain it will loosen up and hit a bit stornger in the break in. The only issue is that it has some sibililance bleed, which means the symbols and some of the vocals pierces a bit, but it's not fair to mark it down based on something that will most likely dissapear when broken in to. If it doesn't, I will update this and note an rate accordingly.

People seem to forget that earphones have a break in period and always rate them on first listen.

My final thought is that these Grado iGi's deserve praise and a definite investment if you're semi serious about your listening.

EDIT:

22 Weeks later and the sound in the right ear has begun cutting out when the jack has pressure applied to it in a certain way. It has met some heady duty, being used almost every day for long hours at a a time and many outdoor activities, so it's understandable it's begun falling apart this early in, but it's still very upsetting for the price paid. So I've decided to mark it down a star based on build and the annoying habit of tangling too easily. But the sound, once it broke in after 3 weeks, became a flurry of warm, spacious and super balanced tones. Extremely detailed and greatly comfortable, giving an addition snug fit to it's list of wonderful traits. I'm about to order a second pair and even if the price might hurt, it's a set well worth investing in.
on 29 January 2013
This product looks and sounds great. The negatives are that it bleeds sound and also can take some time to get used to the feel. At first can be uncomfortable but after a while it fits fine. Does look good on though.
on 13 July 2015
These are excellent headphones. The build quality is good for the price, but the sound is truly excellent.

This is my third pair of these. I broke both of the other two by catching the lead on things. This pair has come with a substantially thicker cable. I don't blame the construction of the headphones, it was my habit of wearing them to do everything from housework to DIY with them on; they were bound to get broken at some point. I have bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones to do the DIY in to save the iGrados.
on 22 February 2015
Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed with these. I bought them on the recommendation of a friend. The sound reproduction is excellent so no problems whatsoever, there. But they are not a great fit for me over the ears. The reason that I gave 3 stars however is that they leak sound which can be readily heard by those nearby, even at reasonable levels of volume. For the money, I would not expected that to be a issue.
on 11 January 2011
These are my third pair of these headphones as the end where you pull them out kept breaking after 7-9 months. However, I opened the third pair to find the wire and end has been changed to become more robust so hopefully this won't happen again!! The sound quality is easily the best of any headphones in this price range, and they do leak sound a LOT, but if your prepared for everyone to know what you are listening to then thats fine!! Other than that, comfy, well designed (although the 'back of the head' design can get annoying if you just want to rest your head on something..) and generally great!!
on 24 July 2010
Great sound for the price, I prefer them to my Grado SR80. Somehow iGrado sounds a little louder and brighter then SR80 (after i made some penny size holes into cussions even bass is heavier). Still SR80 seems to have more depth and the sound is more relaxed and more enjoyable.

Now the bad: they may look like portable but they are open back and leak sound heavily. Also very unconfortable for my ears. The drivers never seem to cover my ears completely and after one hour my ear lobes hurt like hell.

I will try to put iGrado drivers into some other cans casing to see what happens. Will keep posted
on 26 April 2014
I use this headphones with my computer for music and gaming. It produce the sound accurately, good clear upper and mid range, the bass is just about right not overly exaggerated like most headphones.

I have both expensive Astro and QPad gaming headset, neither of them produce as accurate sound as the iGrado.
on 25 April 2015
They sound great. They are comfy. Ideal for mountain biking or gardening - they don't fall off. Happy with the purchase.

BUT - the cable leading up to the jack fails. The cable is thin and somewhat delicate. Apparently the units these are "very similar, if not identical to those found in cheap PC headsets such as Genius". I feel ripped off.
on 8 May 2014
I've had these just over a week. I listen for a couple of hours most days using earphones.

This is the most I've paid for earphones. I have Grado experience from their headphones.

Relying on my experience with SR60 and SR325 headphones from Grado which are very good, I decided to splash out a bit for these in ears.

I'm not disappointed. I've been using the Sony in ears that came with my player. They are very good. But the Grados are better.

They fit just fine and out of the box are enjoyable to listen to.

More of everything in the music. As they get worn in they should improve but as I say out of the box they aren't bad at all.

I'd love to listen to what the more expensive Grados sound like. If they are better than these they must be something to aspire to.

I'll save up but meanwhile I have no hesitation in recommending these little beauties.

Thanks Grado, it's pleasure all the way.
on 11 August 2014
This will appeal to people who already know the Grado brand, who are looking for that ''airy '' open sound you find in open headphones. Would not recommend this if you're a bass-head or into music that's bass heavy.

The build quality is unfortunately quite poor, wires look like they came out of an apple iphone or samsung generic , stock earphone quality. I dont expect it to last forever, but while it does, I'm definitely enjoying it

See one answered question