on 14 January 2017
This is my second one after getting it replaced under warranty because of faulty pressure display.
I've had this one 3 weeks and now and also has a faulty display and the red torch light won't go out.
It's being returned and i'm looking for a different brand now.
I've always had these type of ring tyre inflators but not any more, the quality has dropped significantly.
on 3 May 2015
I guess this item was okay while it lasted, but after 12 months occasional use the air compressor and electronic display suddenly stopped working halfway through trying to put a little more air in one tyre. Now the only thing that works is the basic torch function (which shows it hasn't just blown a fuse). There were other problems before that though - the velcro that is supposed to hold the lead in place when you wrap it up was too short and the plastic clips to hold the adaptors on broke off despite only gentle use. The control buttons are a little unintuitive too and it's pretty noisy and slow while it is working. It seems unlikely it'll be economic to get it fixed, so I guess it'll just end up in landfill like so much else these days.

Overall I'm really disappointed - this is the first time I've bought an electric tyre inflater and this one had excellent reviews - I suspect I will now go back to the tried and tested footpump: simple, robust, and it gives you a bit of exercise while you keep your tyres inflated.
on 6 January 2016
Bought this on the basis of good reviews to replace a 20 year old Halfords model which couldn't cope with the pressures I needed in my trailer. It rattled its self to bits after a few uses. I took it apart to find a bearing had fallen out. I super glued it back but this was only a temporary repair. The digital display is faulty and even when it was working was not intuitive at all.

The screw on fitting was good on my car but let all the air out on my bike. Just ordered a different make.
on 12 June 2014
The idea of having an automatic electric pump like this seemed like a good one and would save having to queue up at the petrol pump to use their facilities. I was excited when it arrived and started using. It's seemed like a fairly well built piece of. I am very sad to say after using it less than 15 times it has stopped working. For the money paid I would have expected it to last a lot longer. Very disappointed. I would advise against buying this item.
on 16 September 2017
This inflator has been used to inflate tyres on several occasions over the 5 years we have had it, as we are always getting screws and nails through the tyres due to building work. It fully inflates tyres with a slow puncture in a couple of minutes and is small enough to keep in the car in case a top up is needed before getting the tyre professionally repaired. It has also been used to inflate a small boat, but this takes much longer and it does not seem to be able to get the last few psi possibly due to the larger volume.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 June 2015
Absolutely garbage - the unit is an emergency only piece of kit I'd say. It cuts off at 35psi and the hose is attached internally by a rubbish spring meaning you have to break the warranty sticker to get into it to repair if required - upon opening you are met with the cheapest combination of motor/compressor that i have ever seen. Customer service is none existant, Ring have had an email and a FB message and failed to respond to either. The item is a mass produced item available from several firms and not made by Ring - probably why they haven't responded. Save your money and buy a decent compressor, it wouldn't surprise me if this broke down when you need it the most.
on 25 June 2013
The pump comes in a quality zip bag. It is well-designed with good quality components (hose, wires, lights etc). I was very impressed, especially given the price point. Unfortunately, when I came to use it, the compressor spluttered into life, started inflating, then stopped well below the target pressure. I tried everything - turning it off and on, pressing everything, but it never came back on. I actually ended up worse than when I started because the deflator valve had jammed on so when I fitted it the air hissed out until I figured out how to stop it.

I would also add that the instructions could be a little clearer. They say once you have inflated one tyre, you hook it up to the next one and press "M" - but there's no mention of whether to leave it switched on, or if you should switch off, move to the next tyre, switch on then press M. When I pressed it, it just cycled the display from metric to imperial.
on 7 April 2014
I was impressed with my purchase and it was brilliant the 1st couple of times I used it.
I have had 3 flat tyres since February and the compressor has basically stopped working and am now unable to inflate my tyre.
I would expect that when you buy a compressor to inflate tyres then it should be able to do the job.
I am extremely disappointed with this product and I thought that I had made a good choice when I 1st purchased this item, however I now find out that it's lifespan is very short and this product is only to be used as an emergency item.
on 2 February 2017
This stopped working in December after we started using it (used very little) in September 2016. It switches on but will not pump. Therefore, cannot recommend this as it seems to be unreliable. We are at time of writing attempting to get a refund or replacement. Disappointing product.
on 11 October 2014
Bought this because of all the reviews. Worked ok for 6 months then the pressure guage went faulty - now the reading on the pump has no bearing on actual tyre pressure. I've used two digital tyre gauges to check - when they say the tyre is 24psi the pump is saying 32psi. The screw thread means taking off the hose to check with a gauge is a pain - as opposed to a flip over connector.