Top positive review
59 people found this helpful
A must have .. not only for motorists
on 4 February 2014
I bought this Ring compressor a couple of years ago, so my review is based on a tried and tested product.
Having owned numerous compressors, I find that this is by far the easiest and most reliable to use. The compressor is relatively silent, and strong enough to handle normal tyre pressure with ease, unlike on my previous compressors where the motor used to struggle once over around 20 psi.
I really like the high quality metal thread connector which screws onto the tyre valve stem. Apart from offering an airtight connection, it also results in minimal loss of air whilst unscrewing. Most other commercial pumps offer a clip on system, which is fragile and quite annoying to use.
○ Great design and sturdy construction.
○ Very good tyre inflation concept and design. Rubber on the outside thus providing a solid grip, and durable metal thread on the inside
○ User custom preset cut out pressure remains in memory. No need to set the pressure every time compressor is used
○ Plug and forget. Whilst with most compressors you need to watch the display to check for the desired pressure, the Ring will stop automatically at the preset pressure. Works great!
○ Built in torch and flashing red lights (very hand at night). If inflating on the road, the flashing lights are indispensable for safety
○ The LCD display is so much better to read than the typical vibrating needle gauge
○ Can be used to deflate over-inflated tyres (summertime) by a simple push on the dedicated button next to the nozzle head.
○ Useful accessories which make this compressor appeal to anyone. Inflates footballs, lilos, airbeds...
○ Can be stowed away neatly and easily. The design of the unit makes stowing the cables easy and everything plugs back into place. Unit can then be placed in the supplied protective cover.
- None so far
It is a pity that the RAC640 cannot be used in the house. A mains connector would have made it the ideal multipurpose inflation device.
1. When the compressor is used as pictured (in the vertical position) it tends to tilt over during use. Yet the compressor has rubber pads on the side, which means that you can lay it on its side with the controls and pressure indicator facing upwards. I do think that that it was designed to be used this way.
2. When inflating more than one tyre using preset pressure, pressing the + button will reactivate the pump after an automatic cutout. This avoids the need to disconnect and reconnect the cigarette lighter plug.
I highly recommend the Ring Automotive RAC640 Digital air compressor. A must have for motorists.
The Ring Automotive RAC640 definitely merits a 5 star rating