on 9 April 2017
This automatic Digital Air Digital Air Compressor and Inflator/Deflator is very poor for the price paid.

It easy of use is very poor because it's not intuitive. Confusing on how to set the pressure and how to start the air compressor, had to keep using the instruction manual.

The screw-on tyre adapter to the value needs to be a quick release fixing because when you unscrew the adapter after finishing there is loss air pressure from the tyre.

The cables don't go back properly in their housing when wound back up because the cables are too short.

The unit isn't even stable to stand on its own when in use. It kept falling over.

The light intensity is not bright. I had to use my mobile phone for better light.

This RAC640 needs redesigning from the ground.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 7 December 2016
I bought this compressor several weeks ago, because my car front tyres (in particular) seem to lose pressure in just a few weeks. But today has been my first chance to try it out properly.
It’s quite a sizeable unit, but light enough in weight, and comes with a zip carry bag with handle, and the compressor itself has a built-in handle on the top.

I particularly like the fact that the (approx. 3 metre lead with cigarette lighter power jack, and screw-on tyre valve connection) are stowed in the side with a built-in cable reel.
If you are using it for an air bed/football/etc. then attachments are neatly provided in a hinged compartment in the base.
The front has a torch light (switch on the top), which is very useful when using the compressor in the dark (which I did), and two outlets for the air bed etc. connections.

It has a good (blue) backlit LED display just above the 3 settings buttons for Mode (PSI/Bar/etc readings), Plus, and Minus for adjustment.
Having switched the car engine on, plugged in to the car cigarette lighter socket, and set the desired pressure, you simply switch the main control knob to either tyre or airbed output (icons clearly displayed), and in a second or two the compressor will start.
You can then just leave it to do its job, because it will auto shut-off, when the pre-set pressure is reached.

I usually pre-set compressors just slightly higher than needed, because a little air is always lost when unscrewing the tyre valve connection. If you inadvertently over-inflate, there is a quick air release button just above the valve connection piece.

It is said to inflate tyres from flat to normal pressures in around 3 minutes and an airbed in around 30 seconds. I haven’t exactly tested either of these claims, but I must say that I found it very quick to inflate my tyres from around half pressure to full pressure – perhaps slower than a garage air pump but not much (and much more convenient, with no queueing and no cost).

I can easily recommend the Ring RAC640 compressor.
But whether you buy or not, I hope that my review has been useful in some way when making your decision.
Thanks for reading it.
review image review image review image
on 6 July 2015
This product is a total rubbish; first time I used it to inflate the tyres of my bike, it struggled to do the job and the pressure reading was not accurate; second time I used it, it broke down! I contacted the seller, AP Motor Store, for return, but they refused and were extremely rude and aggressive. Will never buy from them ever again!
on 23 April 2017
This Air Compressor and Inflator/Deflator is very poor.
I would not recommend this product.
The cables don't go back properly in their housing when wound back up.
The light intensity is not bright.
on 19 June 2017
This item's instruction leaflet is probably the worst I have ever had; an attempt to replace words with pictures failed.
To add to my difficulties the item failed to work after mid-June and I borrowed a neighbour's Ring RAC 600 which worked well without difficulty.
.As the return date had passed on 6th June I have no redress: wonderfull..
on 9 May 2017
Works as it should. I use this for my tyres at 50psi on my bike and cars, this does it all with no questions asked. I also use this for pumping up my football and inflatables etc, a great all round product which I have had about a year and still functions flawlessly.
on 11 December 2016
Pumps up my large land rover tyres, football, rugby balls, bike tyres and inflatable bed. Works well and easy to use.
on 12 May 2017
Absolutely dreadful. AVOID This item miss reads tyre pressures by up to 2 psi, and therefore the tyres remain under inflated. Occasionally cuts out before "correct" pressure achieved. The release mechanism is so poor that any air you might have got into the tyre is lost whilst you struggle to undo the hose.
on 17 June 2017
I received a second hand used unit with dust, large scratches and blobs of black grease on it. I purchased a brand new item and it makes me sad. I am getting a replacement and so I have to use my ink to print a return label. It is the third time I have done this review as I guess the others were disallowed. I have left out who I purchased from this time as they maybe have a filter for free speech. You can guess who it was...
on 2 April 2017
Bought to blow up my inflatable tent. Just isn't good enough.