Format: Audio CD|Change

Great CD
on 24 May 2017
Everything OK
on 1 September 2011
Like Now 72 and Now 73, Now 74 is also an amazing album. This is also the best winter Now album. 2009 is also the best year for Now albums

45 TOP CHART HITS

COMPACT DISC 1 Chart Peak Weeks On Chart

1.Cheryl Cole- Fight For This Love 1 39 Weeks(Oct-Nov)
2.Michael Buble- Haven't Met You Yet 5 35 Weeks(Oct-Nov)
3.The Black Eyed Peas- I Gotta Feeling 1 105 Weeks(June-Aug)
4.David Guetta ft Akon- Sexy Chick 1 40 Weeks(Aug-July)
5.La Roux- Bulletproof 1 25 Weeks(June-Jan)
6.Taio Cruz- Break Your Heart 1 23 Weeks(Sep-Feb)
7.N-Dubz- I Need You 5 12 Weeks(Nov-Feb)
8.Jason Derulo- Whatcha Say 3 19 Weeks(Nov-Apr)
9.Jay Sean ft Lil Wayne- Down 3 20 Weeks(Nov-Mar)
10.Alesha Dixon- To Love Again 15 4 Weeks(Nov-Dec)
11.Chipmunk ft Dayo Olatunji- Oopsy Daisy 1 19 Weeks(Oct-Feb)
12.Tinchy Stryder ft Amelle- Never Leave You 1 14 Weeks(Aug-Nov)
13.Little Boots- Remedy 6 19 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
14.Pixie Lott- Boys And Girls 1 24 Weeks(Sep-Feb)
15.Mini Viva- Left My Heart In Tokyo 7 10 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
16.Sean Kingston- Fire Burning 12 19 Weeks(July-Dec)
17.Pitbull ft Nicole Scherzinger-
Hotel Room Service 9 21 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
18.Sugababes- Get Sexy 2 9 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
19.The Saturdays- Forever Is Over 2 10 Weeks(Oct-Dec)
20.Young Soul Rebels- I Got Soul 10 6 Weeks(Oct-Dec)
21.Agnes- I Need You Now 40 2 Weeks(Nov-Dec)
22.JLS- Beat Again 1 33 Weeks(July-Mar)

COMPACT DISC 2 Chart Peak Weeks On Chart

1.Lady Gaga- Paparazzi 4 49 Weeks(Jan-May)
2.Beyonce- Sweet Dreams 5 26 Weeks(July-Jan)
3.Shakira- She Wolf 4 21 Weeks(Sep-Feb)
4.Jay-Z ft Rihanna & Kanye West-
Run This Town 1 14 Weeks(Sep-Dec)
5.Mr Hudson ft Kanye West- Supernova 2 17 Weeks(July-Nov)
6.Robbie Williams- Bodies 2 13 Weeks(Oct-Jan)
7.Dizzee Rascal- Holiday 1 17 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
8.Calvin Harris- Ready For The Weekend 3 11 Weeks(Aug-Nov)
9.Whitney Houston- Million Dollar Bill
(Frankie Knuckles Radio Mix 5 16 Weeks(Oct-Feb)
10.The Ian Carey Project- Get Shaky 9 16 Weeks(Aug-Dec)
11.Chase & Status ft Plan B- End Credits 9 36 Weeks(Nov-May)
12.The Temper Trap- Sweet Disposition 6 56 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
13.Muse- Uprising 9 23 Weeks(Sep-Jan)
14.Snow Patrol- Just Say Yes 15 13 Weeks(Nov-Oct)
15.Florence + The Machine-
You've Got The Love 5 62 Weeks(July-Oct)
16.Lily Allen- 22 14 12 Weeks(July-Oct)
17.Paulo Nutini- Pencil Full Of Lead 17 24 Weeks(Oct-Apr)
18.MIKA- We Are Golden 4 7 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
19.Cobra Starship ft Leighton Meester-
Good Girls Go Bad 17 5 Weeks(Oct-Nov)
20.Mumford & Sons- Little Lion Man 24 41 Weeks(Aug-July)
21.Just Jack- The Day I Died 11 8 Weeks(Aug-Oct)
22.Esmee Denters- Outta Here 7 12 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
23.Deadmau5 ft Rob Swire- Ghosts 'N' Stuff 12 9 Weeks(Sep-Nov)

Best Songs

Cheryl Cole ft Will.I.Am- 3 Words
The Black Eyed Peas- Meet Me Halfway
N-Dubz ft Mr Hudson- Playing With Fire
Jason Derulo- In My Head
Jay Sean ft Sean Paul & Lil Jon- Do You Remember?
Chipmunk ft Talay Riley- Look For Me

JLS- Beat Again
Jay-Z ft Rihanna & Kanye West- Run This Town

Release Date: 23 November 2009
on 14 December 2009
Received my CD today and am pleased as always - it has a good selection of pop and other styles that I might not even be aware of being 'in' just now, and the recordings are of very good quality. The one VERY ANNOYING thing is that for the second time the track listings are all mixed up on CDs: when I try to upload the songs to my player it's showing track listings for a completely different CD! The same thing happened with Now 73 which I also ordered through AMAZON - the track listings where for NOW 71 or 72! Very inconvenient, as you have to input all that info yourself - anyone else had the same problem?

In terms of the CD being up to date - many of the tracks were the ones that I expected in Now 73, like JLS's Beat Again, Lady Gaga's Paparazzi or even Black Eyed Peas. And, as other reviewers pointed out, Alexandra's Bad Boys are not on. But I guess it takes time and they have to tease with what's going to be in the next one.
on 8 February 2010
This apparently is the latest in the series of Now That's What I Call Music series (or "Nowthat'swhatIcallmusic" for short) and it has reached the amazing 74th volume. I buy each and every one and I now have lots of them. My granddaughters think I'm out of touch with the hit parade but I know all about Titchy Spider, The Chipmunks, Dizzy Ruffian, Wheresme Dentures and CRS. Although a lot of it is boom-boom music and you can't make out the words these days, there are some great songs on these CDs. My favourite was "Get Shaky" by the Rev. George Carey although whether they did manage to find my favourite Welsh rock and roller it isn't clear. Maybe I have to buy volume 75 to find out.
on 2 October 2016
I only recently started putting reviews on products, (been an Amazon customer since 2002), and I've realised that with things like CD compilations, if you don't already know what you're getting, it was a bit dumb to buy it in the first place.
With the 'Now' CDs this is especially true, so all my reviews for these will be 5*, because I know the songs before I purchase, love some of them, like others & can't stand some.
These are brilliant albums if you want to keep up to date with the latest pop tracks and are always easy to listen to, with the swear words cut on the more edgy ones so kids can listen as well.
So if you read the track listings and like them, then buy it, if you don't then don't. Simple.
on 29 January 2010
anything that's been going for more than 28 years can't be bad. I gave my daughter a 'Now that's what I call music (the number escapes me)' when she was 8, she's 36. Santa gave my grand daughter a small music/DVD/games 'thingy' for Christmas (well I am a Grand Ma - I'm not exactly clued up on these things anymore). This January she was 7, for her birthday I gave her Now 74. She was on the phone with the music going in the back ground within 5 minutes of opening it. I have since read the other, more in depth, reviews of the actual music content. I must admit I would not have been able to purchase the CD on the strength of them because this is not my kind of music. I relied, instead, upon the undeniable truth, if it's fashionable, or current if you prefer, it will do for a youngster. The final word should go to my grand daughter who said, "there are a few tracks that aren't so good Grand Ma, but the rest make up for them and you can just skip the ones you don't like that aren't so good to dance to". I hope you find her comments useful
on 21 November 2009
I,ve just recieved now 74 which I have anxiously waited for since it was available for pre-order but was really dissappointed with the track list. I've always bought the 'now' cds but I've got 2 say this one seems to have been released a bit too late as alot of the artists have new songs out now such as black eyed peas,jls,lady gaga and sugababes. And why on earth are songs like Leona's new one happy and Alexandra Burke's bad boys not on it at all. Nope,not impressed at all!
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2010
Please note that a small number of customers report an issue with the Now thats what i call music CD's whereby the wrong album and track titles are displayed when uploading or playing the songs on their PC. The audio content on the CD is correct, but the software used displays the details of another CD. Please also note: this is an issue with the software used to play the CD(Usually Nero), and not a manufacturing problem.This is a Macro protection by the manufacturer to combat copying of the material. Customers are encouraged to try playing the disc with a different software package, or on a conventional CD player/Hi-Fi before returning the item.