on 2 September 2010
I heard a demo of the Bose sounddock in a local Comet store and was blown away by its quality, specially at high volumes. But the price... So I got digging on the internet to see if I could better the price - I couldn't. But I found a review site that gave the iHome IP1 a better score than the sounddock. It also scored more because it comes in at a lower retail price.

So next step was to scour the internet for the best price. Amazon won!

As for the speaker system, well, as with any speaker system with the speakers so close together you can forget stereo separation. For that, plug your earphones in. But for sound quality at all volumes, the IP1 is simply stunning. I have an eclectic music collection with everything from big band to classical, from rap to heavy rock. It all sounds great. For my mind, it's well worth the money if your looking for a great sound from your iPod or iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and it's supported by the IP1.

If I have any tips for potential buyers, it's get it from Amazon. Delivery was free and it was next day - despite a claim of 3-5 day delivery.
on 12 January 2010
Outstanding look and finish to the iP1 amazing crystal clear sound to the max.
My friends and family were taken back by the sheer quality it gave.
Worth every penny top of the list for me.
on 11 July 2010
Product arrived on time, well packaged, and worked straight out of the box, I didn,t adjust any of the EQ settings but tried the B button first and listened to a mixed genre from my music library. For the price and spec of the system I was pleasantly surprised, the sound is warm, room filling and very well balanced I think. I would not hesitate to recommend this product,overall very satisfied, thank you to i home and the seller.
on 9 September 2010
At £170 I strongly urge you to buy these speakers. I have been trying to save £270 for a long time now so when I came to amazon and saw they were discounted £100, I couldn't place my order quick enough.

I have been researching ipod/iphone docks for a long time now and I am glad I put the effort in. They are just brilliant. The sound is so pure and they get quite loud. The bass is incredible, it feels like Eminem is giving a live performance in my room! They get rather loud too.

I have never owned such beautiful sounding speakers, so I'm not sure just how good sound can get, but I can't imagine it being better than this.

I would recommend these speakers to any body with £170 to burn...

P.S. I am an iPhone user and was pleased to see that these speakers are compatible..you don't have to turn airplane mode on to listen to music, because when you receive a call there is no interference, another plus! Great!

Also the seller, Hughes Direct, were very efficient. I ordered the speakers yesterday morning, by lunch time I had an e-mail telling me they would be here today. I didn't believe this as the products came from Europe...sure enough they arrived today, very pleasing!

BRILLIANT!
on 6 October 2013
Was happy with this player when i bought it. Unfortunately it has lasted me less than 2 years. It has just stopped working. I do not have warranty on it, so therefor is a very expensive mistake me buying it. I have tried to have it fixed but to no avail. Bearing in mind i probably on average used it for less than an hour every couple of weeks, i've had no more than 50 hours use out of it. A very expensive mistake. As they say, they don't make em like they used to! An unhappy customer...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 October 2011
Very impressed. Top quality from packaging and build quality to the performance. Everything is high end. Big sound from a small box and plenty of bass for my needs. Handles a wide selection of music very well from rock to classical. More than enough power to to fill an average lounge. Remote is directional but has a good range and is responsive. Lastly it is a great looking piece of kit!iHome IP1E High Fidelity Speaker System for iPhone and iPod - Black
on 31 October 2014
I had great hopes for this item as it had really good reviews. It was bought to go into out lounge for the rare occasion we sit and listen to music in there. I think since we got it, it has been used 10 times or so, the last time was New Year 2013/14 when we noticed that every time you plugged your iphone into it, it would turn the phone volume right down to zero, you would turn it up either on the phone or on the stereo controls, only for it to turn itself back down again immediately. Since then we have taken to using a cheap £10 set of speakers as the iHome is unusable. It is out of warranty, but you would very much expect something you paid £200 for to last alot longer than that.
on 4 September 2011
When I went into the main HMV store on Oxford Street, I had no intention of buying one of these and it WASN'T what I was looking for.

What I was basically after was a portable unit, compatible with Iphone (and not just Ipod), that played CDs and MP3 CDs, had a DAB Radio, and 80 watts (at least) of power. The one unit I could find that ticked all those boxes was a Vita R4 (at £549). I hadn't actually bought one, because I hadn't actually tried one! With the exception of the output, this does NONE of those things, but it's sound was so good I just couldn't resist.

Trying all the different players out (and because it's such a big HMV with loads going on) no-one is that bothered if you wanna make some noise. Simply because it was there, I popped my Iphone onto this and tried it. I turned it up and I was literally blown away by the sound. I absolutely fell in love with it.

It's LOUD, great booming bass that's made possible by corresponding great treble, & when turned up to full volume it literally shakes my house, & without distortion.

I actually spent quite a long time in aforementioned HMV store and I literally tried everything. Because it's such a big store, and there's loads going on, you can actually really turn stuff up and no-one seems that bothered. The only speaker in the whole place that I might have considered competition for this was the £599 Bose Sound Dock. Honestly! The Beats By Dre thing was pretty good, but too big and just not as good as this (and twice the price), the Tron speaker actually thing wasn't bad - but not loud enough, the big TDK Cassette player shaped thing was simply rubbish. The Sony entries were pretty lame - with the exception of the seriously pricey Bose nothing else was even close.

100 Watts of power. If you like your music loud, this is quality.

To give you an idea of how I listen to music, if you imagine an old fashioned 5 way graphic equalizer and picture the knobs on it, with the bass on the left and the treble on the right; the controls would make a near "V" shape. High bass, high treble, and not much of the neutral channel in between. This is perfect for that. It's got a really decent sound anyway, but it's got bass and treble controls and they can be increased if you wish, and they actually make it sound better still.

I've also got a little 7 watt Pure Evoke DAB radio, and with a £1 cable (from Poundland!) I can put this thru it and it sounds brilliant too.

Thoroughly recommended!
on 25 November 2013
I've had this iHome IP1E High Fidelity Speaker System for 3 years now and whilst I was very happy with it initially, that has worn off to the point that I hate it. The Base sound is really fuzzy, it vibrates at low volume and I can't even attempt to listen to any Massive Attack or dub reggae, it performs really badly.

After 1 year of owning it, the power pack stopped working. I replaced it. Now it's just decided to stop playing music. It charges my iPhone, but won't play music from it or my iPod. So now it's just a very expensive dock.

Avoid this piece of crap.
on 21 February 2013
Purchased these speakers through amazon from a company in Italy and firstly the speakers are first rate for a docking system. I went from a hi if of separates with big stand alone speakers all told around £900 worth of equipment but due to cd just sitting in drawer and me just plugging iPod into amplifier I thought it was time for a change.

Have to say these speakers do what I asked for. If you are looking for perfect stereo sound don't expect it but they certainly aren't far from it.

So all in all if your looking for quality good looking docking station these are definetly the ones to go for, they look better than the bose equivalent and in my opinion sound just as good and are cheaper to.