on 16 April 2014
This lotion is light, smooth and fresh. A very small amount is needed to cover the entire face (too much and it becomes chalky on the skin) making it a long lasting product. Not only does it prevent the skin from getting really oily, it works well to moisturise and hydrate too.

The packaging could be better, it is a standard (quite small) tube, but to get all of the product out, you have to cut apart the tube towards the end. A pump bottle that pushes the lotion up (quite common packaging, even for low quality products) would be ideal as it would reduce wastage and make application a little easier.

The product smells great, very unusual. I would say it is a fresh and clean scent, though not overly strong so it isn't a big deal if it is not to your liking. It works brilliantly; I can apply the product at around 8am and still have relatively oil free skin at around 4pm.

My skin is oily around the nose, but quite dry on most of my face. The Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion is great for the oily parts but makes the dry skin chalky and it does not seem to hydrate these parts much. Therefore, I use another moisturiser on less oily parts of my face, meaning even less of this is used than usual. In addition to being oily, my skin is quite sensitive and can break out in spots or redness when irritated. Due to the natural ingredients in this, my skin reacts well to it and I have had no problems in that department whilst using it.

The big thing that is missing for me is some level of SPF protection. The regular Kyoku moisturiser (that I have not tried yet) does contain SPF15 and it is certainly something that is missing from this product. However, it gets everything else right for oily skin.

Even though it is quite expensive, it lasts a long time and works very well. It has impressed me enough to buy other products in the Kyoku range. All in all, it is a product I really enjoy using, something that I would buy again, but maybe not during the summer months due to lack of SPF.
on 16 December 2015
After reading some of the reviews I was a bit hesitant but as it was on offer thought I would give it a try.
Used far to much initially and left very noticeable white patches on my skin.
However, a small amount, tiny really. A very thin layer applied to my nose and no oil at all all day, should last me a very long time indeed!

So for me great price, very long lasting product as only very very sparingly needed.
on 30 May 2013
This product is okay as it soaks up any oil on the face and leaves my face only slightly greasy by the end of the day.

As a moisturiser it leaves my face extremely dry and 'white' looking after intial application, which looks very odd. All in all im not sure what this product is doing to the overall hydration of my skin.

But everyones skin is different so another person might find this product fantastic....
on 11 May 2014
Sometimes I worry that America is going to start a war on my face to get to the seemingly endless supply of oil that lives underneath my skin. Thankfully, now I can travel to the US in peace, as Kyoku for Men prevents any buildups. It really is the best oil-reduction lotion I've ever used - and I've tried a few.
on 8 April 2013
does initially stop shine but then makes skin feel dry and tight, then oil is back much quicker than similar products i've used - even an oil free moisturiser is better at stopping the shine
on 23 February 2016
Easy to apply and you can feel that it is working during the day. It can be a little drying at times so use it in conjunction with another moisturiser.
on 10 November 2015
Not really noticing any real difference using the product
on 24 May 2017
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Probably wouldn't buy again for full price.
on 29 January 2016
3 stars so far as i still have very oily skin even after using....will persist
on 28 November 2013
I have very oily skin. I have been looking for some product for my face to stop the oil when I have night out. This product work very good.

See one answered question