on 27 May 2017
Police Academy is one of those marmite movie series, you either love it hate it.
Personally I'm a fan and watched all of these as a kid. Yes they're silly and yes some entries are quite weak, the longer the series went on the worse they became, but they're consistently watchable if you're in the mood for some old fashioned 80's idiocy.
It's a great collection and well worth getting if you were a fan at the time.
on 1 January 2017
I 'found the quality of this second hand purchase very good and i already played the dvd 's very good worth trying again on a later moment
t've enjoyed again the civilians learning to be a cob and their later work as a cob &nd I must say the movies made in those years ware still better than the ones we have now
One person found this helpful
on 15 December 2012
I have to admit I only bought it for bad times whne I feel i might need a good laugh and haven't even unpacked the box yet. The movies are most likely known by everyone who ever needed a godo laugh. It is smart, witty and a bit dumb comedy at times, that will get you laughing no matter. As with every movie that was initially intended as one movie, but then got sequel and sequel and a few more sequels, the movies never were Oscar-worthy, but they didn't need to. I believe their concept was never to make you think about stuff, but just... make you laugh and give you a good time. they kept the whole idea trough all 7 films, althought they exchanged more or less most of the originally cast by the time they reached the 7th film. Which is admittedly a bit sad. The 7th nevertheless worked as well - althought not sure how successful it was. If you are having a down day, need a good laugh or just want a good time for a few hours - this is your movie.
One person found this helpful
on 31 October 2015
Good value for a start and sadly Mahoney was lost as a character in the later films. The characters did age from when they fist made the original to the last, it was quite notable however they still played their parts well and kept true to the wit of their character. Sadly the wit was dating a bit towards the later films. Police academy was however a success and you get all 7 films. It wouldn't surprise me that they do a remake of the original at some stage and some of us older folk would take a trip to the local cinema.
on 2 January 2017
I've only watched the first film so far, but found it vastly entertaining - most comedy leaves me cold, but this I could watch twice. I look forward to watching the other films. UPDATE - I have now watched all 7 films, all are excellent (the last Russia slightly less that the other 6 but still good). Highly recommended.
on 1 March 2018
This is a great box set. As with most series, the first film is the best but there are still glimpses of the clever silliness that made them so funny when they originally came out. Bought the set to watch with our kids - and a bit of nostalgia - and they loved them too.
on 20 April 2018
Remember watching these with my parents and the laughs we used to have.
Great to be able to watch them again and keep those fond memories alive.
on 1 August 2015
Never seen these films but wanted something innocent and humorous to while away the night
they are like extended comedy episodes - a sort of american carry on series where actors come back in different guises. light hearted fun - though amazed at some non-Pc language.
A load of enjoyable characters engaged in larks & stunts. Enjoyable for what it is!
on 8 April 2018
great box set. only the last film let it down. I would take away half a star for that. .the first 3 films were brilliant, the next 3 were not quite so good, but still funny, but the last film " Mission To Moscow" was dismal.
Over all though, a very entertaining box set and very good value for the money
on 8 January 2018
Police academy films are good classic films and I am glad that I can get the box set of it on DVD now I've thing looking for it for ages on DVD.