Customer reviews

Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse(UK version)
Style: UK VERSION|Change

on 2 March 2017
This is the third of these I have purchased for my personal use, so I guess it is no surprise that I give it a top rating. To go into more detail though...This gets heavy use from gaming, and it is only for that reason that I have got through three of them. I also work on business type documents and I do a fair bit of browsing and networking. I must have been using them for over ten years now. I like the extra functions that this mouse has available and programable, I don't use them all regularly but most I do. I like the size and shape of this unit, it fits my hand perfectly. I much prefer wireless keyboard and mouse units so that suits me too. I have had no problems with these three units, other than the eventual sluggishness of an operation (left mouse ear this time), which is typically why I replace it, being fairly critical about crisp accurate operation. The unit is of high quality in build, feel and functionality. Anyway, enough for now, hope this helps someone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 January 2013
Unlike most of the less expensive rechargeable mice, this uses a single AA-size rechargeable battery. I have owned this mouse for at least two years and is undoubtedly the best mouse used to date, surpassing in several respects the MX Revolution previously used. Unlike the older Revolution, it does not use a recharging cradle which I found annoying and slightly flaky, but a micro-USB lead to recharge. It is possible to recharge via a port on your PC if it supports the purpose but a recharging adapter is the better solution and was originally supplied with the product. If not now (and that it was I was told by a recent purchaser) they are now almost universal and easy and inexpensive to obtain.

Although fairly large, the mouse sits comfortably in my hand and a lady friend whose hands are considerably smaller than mine has no problems with it. It is a right-handed mouse and may not best suit left-handers. The mouse supports several functions including a scroll wheel which works in the vertical only, a pair of zoom buttons just under the thumb and an adjacent % button which magnifies screen text.

I find that the battery can be good for 2-3 days of moderately heavy use, but only about 20-24 hours of very heavy use before needing a recharge, which takes about 2 hours or less. When lightly used, it is good for about 7-10 days. I am aware that some of Logitech's current mice claim to be able to survive on a single non-rechargeable battery for several months, but they use a different technology.

The mouse requires use of Logitech's Unifying Receiver, which is supplied, and very tiny at less than 1cm deep once located in a USB socket. This device will support up to five more other Unifying products which can include keyboards, mice and some of the new touch gesture tablets now being offered primarily for Windows 8.

Although not inexpensive, it is currently being offered for much less than its original RRP which was the price I paid when it was first released. It is a little on the heavy side and slightly bulky but it does give the impression of being quite solidly built and has survived several instances of being knocked onto a hard floor without any obvious signs of harm, which is far less likely with a more modestly built alternative.

I like it that much that when Amazon offered a deal where they were sold about about half their original price, I bought a second as a spare. I also encouraged a couple of relatives to buy one each for themselves. Thoroughly recommended.
on 25 September 2016
As always Logitech has produced a great item. After using this, I would never buy for my own personal use a regular mouse. It super economical and really does fit to the shape of the hand. It glides over the table and just makes using a mouse so effortless. It also has a number of buttons on the side that you can programme to do things such as go left or right on tabs open on the internet, which I find super handy and are within easy reach of the thumb.
on 22 July 2017
The mouse worked well for a while. Comfortable and reliable, despite needing quite frequent charging with USB cable.

After 18 to 24 months of only moderate use at home the left mouse button developed the infamous "Logitech mouse double click problem" making the mouse increasingly irritating to use. This is a well documented issue which Logitech have apparently failed to address.

Expected longer life from such an expensive premium mouse.
on 31 May 2012
I must say, I love the mouse. It works on nearly any surface, including glass, provided that glass is at least 5mm thick. The mouse wheel is notched or hyper scrolling at the click of a button. Perfect for me. And although weight never matters to me, It is fairly light too. Uses only 1 AA battery so it would, which is included and rechargable. The kit comes with everything needed to recharge the mouse through your computer, but I must say I have never done this. I tried once, but put the battery in the wrong way round. I do have a few complaints about the mouse though. The "back" button (or more precisely the back arrow button) doesnt seem to work every time I use it. Some web pages are impossible to click the back button, even though the browser lets me go back. And for the life of me I have never been able to push the scroll wheel either way, and get it to do the action I programmed it to do. It's a good mouse though. The price was a bit steep, and for that I was expecting perfection, and not the flaws I got. I know the scroll wheel moving side to side is not needed, and the back arrow not working all the time are not major issues, but like I said, I expect more for that price. If the back arrow worked perfectly, It would get a 5 stars, If it were cheaper, I would similarly put it at 5 because you expect cheap things to have some faults. But the 2 combined probably wear it down to either 3 and a half or 4 stars. I haven't quite decided.
on 15 January 2014
Having had a range og Logitech mice over the year I was excited to order and receive this MX Performance mouse. However quickly found it was not for me.

Pros:
It has a good weight to it allowing precise pointing and movement during photo editing and general use

Cons: It had the most annoying rattle when it would be moved from side to side on the mouse pad. So annoying I ended up returning this item in favour of another brand.
on 8 October 2017
Bought this to replace my same model one that suddenly decided it did not want to scroll anymore, it was used daily and had given approx 5 years good service, so decided to get the same one.
on 27 June 2017
Excellent mouse no issues whatsoever . Performs well on any surface and easily charges up from supplied charger.m
on 19 December 2016
Excellent product from Logitech. Writing this review after more than a year of usage.
on 9 October 2017
I can't recommend this mouse because of the well known issue with left button and non-existent Support (they don't answer the emails).