on 22 May 2014
My girls use this daily and find it very useful....sturdy and easy to clean! Used to make smoothies, grind nuts, make dips etc. Not used for cakes or baking so cannot comment on this function.
on 14 January 2014
this processor is ok disapointed with the shredding part of it it dosn't shred all you put through leaving big chunks of whatever you have put through
on 24 October 2011
I bought this after my larger older Phillips food processor wore out. I always make my own mayo, this is brillant, made within a few moments & the small hole in the feeder tube, an inspiration, as the correct amount of oil drizzlesdown,! excellent, it also shreds veg well for cole slaw etc.
on 19 January 2013
i reviewed food processors for overtwo weeks!!

i finally settled on this one when i learned Jamie Oliver used it for meals in 30 mins!!

It arrived in super quick time, before my estimated delivery time!! it was easy to put together.

It can grate cheese which was my main aim for packed lunches etc, its very compact & does not take much room on work surface or cupboard, however it does look good if kept out on kitchen worktop.

It is easy to clean in sink or dishwasher, all attachments can be stored in the jug.

ive had it two days and tried a multitude of veg, cheese etc. i thoroughly reccomend
on 17 April 2012
The shredder blade of the Phillips Food Processor HR7620 is too large for shredding of garlic and ginger etc. There is a finer shredder available with another models HR 7625 7621. I contacted customer service and I found the assistants very helpful and they sent me a shredder which was the same as the one I had. I fail to understand why the finer shredder would not have been included with all models. If I am to use the processor as I wish to use it then I am going to have to buy the extra attachment. I am not happy about this and would not have bought the processor if I knew this beforehand
on 28 April 2011
It is a nice machine, does what it says on the box, and if you have owned a food processor before there are no surprises. The cutting blade is much better than others that I have used, but I will refer you to the other good reviews instead of duplicating them. Instead I will comment on the user manual.

If you haven't owned a food processor before you may wonder what on earth it's all about because the instruction manual will leave you absolutely none the wiser. It is dreadful.

The first page gives you some idea of what to expect in terms of accessories, with sketches of each of the items that should be in your box with your machine. There are additional sketches alongside them to indicate what each implement is supposed to be used for but these are like having a bad partner in Pictionary because the illustrations are really very poor and it is difficult to make out what they are supposed to be.

After the official health and safety notice about keeping your fingers firmly detached from the blade etc, the manual goes into how to put the thing together (easy enough) and how much of each you can fit into the bowl to process in a go (again, the sketches of food items rather than actual words involve something of a guessing game).

From there on in it looks at each accessory in turn. Good luck with that. The sparse text for the chopping blade gives you 2 standard processing times for chopping and kneading jobs and tells you not to over-process choc or cheese or it will become too hot. And that's it. It gives you no idea what sort of times are involved in over- or under-processing. I still haven't figured out how to use the kneading accessory (the standard kneading time is 30-180 seconds - quite a big margin!), or how to use the emulsifying disk for mayonnaise (there are no instructions or recipes for mayo, which is a bit of an artform in its own right even when you do know what you're doing). There are instructions for the blender, which isn't included.

Storage seems easy enough to follow, via the sketches and cleaning is straight forward.

There are recipes. But only three of them (without sketches this time): Fresh fruit milkshake, Nourishing vegetable soup from Budapest (I kid you not) and Pizza dough.

The machine is good but the instructions are dire. Avoid if you need more help than the above, because you won't get it from the instruction manual.
22 Comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2012
Excellent! for the price, it's very good value for money - good motor, comes with everything yet compact. I've used it to make doughs, shred vegetables, slice potatoes, making pestos. Haven't tried making cake mixture yet. Very convenient for use in a small kitchen. Very happy with my purchase!
on 12 October 2013
I bought this after using a similar processor, last winter, while staying with a friend. Hers was a more expensive model with more bells and whistles. I thought I was compromising when I bought this one. After using it a dozen or more times I like it so much better than hers. It's easier to assemble and much easier to clean than the more complicated version. It's well made: fits together tightly (snapping into place) and stays that way while using. The blades are super sharp (be really careful when unpacking and cleaning). I realized after using this several times that I have no use for the additional attachments that my friend's machine came with and this processor is every bit as well made. I would highly recommend this processor.
on 20 December 2011
This isn't your expensive kitchenaid processor, so if you're looking for the same performance, don't waste your valuable time.

What this product is, is a basic model of food processor made by a reputable brand, with good warranty, and performance that is acceptable for general use.

Don't expect to make a kilo of bread dough with this, because it will seize up or at least you'll have to mix the dough by hand a few times to make it smooth, but you can definitely mix soft cake mixes, make cookie dough, and even mashed potatoes with this! I've done mashed potatoes with this processor myself and they came out fluffy and buttery, better than what I could achieved by mixing the stuff by hand.

It's great for slicing veggies, especially cucumber. You can grate hard cheeses easily with this, or even soft mozzarella, and you can definitely chop nuts with this machine.

It looks compact and you can easily store the included accessories inside the bowl to keep your drawers free for other stuff. You can also wind the cable under it to keep it tidy. I reckon that it could fit inside a standard wall unit if you separated the bowl from the body, but if you have a more modern wall cabinet that is taller, you could just chuck it in as a whole without issues.

I found that the accessories included were more than enough for my cooking. I've made so many things with this processor already, ranging from savoury to sweet treats, and it helped me so much with shredding chicken for pies and things like that. It's wonderful to make quick salads as well if you have many people over.

If you're only using it occasionally, say perhaps twice a week, I'd definitely buy it. It's small and powerful for this amount of usage, but if you're a serious or professional cook, you shouldn't expect a powerhouse for this price anyway.

I think it would be a wonderful present for newlyweds, it is very versatile.

All in all, it is not that expensive compared with what you can find out there, and it is made by a reputable brand, so I'd recommend this purchase based on the comments I've made.

I've had it for a year now and it's still working perfectly.
on 7 January 2010
This is a compact gadget with a powerful motor. I like having only one container for blending as well as processing - makes storage much easier. Feels well made. Recommended !