Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 June 2011
This speculative purchase was a mistake. Great songs have been truly strangled. A number of upbeat toe tapping classics are almost spoken rather than sang with conviction and energy. Overall, incredibly dull. I cried at the way in which McAlpine's Fusiller's was conveyed by a voice infused with boredom, it seemed to me!Stick with " The Dubliners" who sing the same songs with soul, skill, fun and real energy.

On the plus side, the tin container is nice and robust. In fact, I am using it to house my Dubliners CDs.
on 15 February 2015
Bought this for my sister at her request as she wanted a low price compilation of Irish songs.Having heard some of it there are some songs worth
discovering e g the comic ones , some good and some not so good performances.I would give this a 3 but my sister likes it so it gets a 4.I would
say this is good value for money you cant go wrong at this price. If you want better known artists versions you would need to go for a more expensive compilation.If you're not sure buy this cheap and you might be tempted to upgrade - my sister is.
on 16 January 2015
CRA* THAT COMES IN A SMALL USELESS BISCUIT TIN so after listening to the cra* versions of songs, sung by god knows who, you can't hide them amongst your collections....so I threw them with the silly little tin, in the bin.
on 27 December 2012
I want to return it, the songs are only vaguely similar to the original, which is not what i wanted.
on 31 December 2011
I like to listen casually to Irish songs from time to time. I am glad that I purchased this set of CDs at a local music store. I found many of the songs I already heard before and a few new amazing songs.
on 17 April 2012
if you love irish music then your want to add this album to your collection the packaging came in was a non crushable box i was really pleased the tin the cd's are presented in
on 17 April 2012
Go on buy this C.D. a good addition to any Irish collection, very good service postage and packing C.D., Edwin.
on 10 April 2010
great cd set, great songs, everything you want for an irish party. What a bargain.
on 29 December 2011
I bought these cds for an Australian penpal who has Irish ancestors.I haven't actually heard it myself but she assures me the music is great with a good mixes of music types and songs.Irish Favourites (3CD)
There is traditional Irish music & song ,in fact every kind of Irish music you could wish for.
on 8 April 2016
Very poor quality singing not at all what I used to hear when I lived in Ireland. Sorry to say it, packaging good but that was it.