on 29 October 2010
In short : waterproof, snug and comfortable to wear, with a good grip. I was nervous about whether or not they'd fit me (I am a standard UK size 5) but they fitted me fine. Plus the length of the boot will allow you to tuck in skinny jeans and/or leggings if you want to keep them warm and dry. The toggle bit at the front is just a fancy bit of a fashion `frou frou' but can easily be adapted to be tucked out of the way. They do take a bit of getting used to putting on and taking off (due to the amount of lacing!) but all the better for giving you a good fit to your own foot/ankle. I would highly recommend these boots to anyone else looking to purchase a `proper' pair of walking shoes that will see them through the winter - and beyond.
on 29 November 2012
I bought these boots to do some walkies in. I am not an avid walker that owns a walking stick but as my mates and i are progressing in years a walk sometimes is kinda good. I bought these boots because firstly i really like the look of them and they go with lots of different outfits, also the reviews on them are overall very good. They arrived quickly and i really kind of love them. They are warm and fit really well, wear some thickish socks to get them worn in on longer walks. I also had the pleasure of putting my foot in a huge bog like puddle and my foot felt pretty dry and good. I am not saying they are fully water proof but they do what they need to and do proctect you to a degree. I do love my booties and if i could get away with wearing them all the time i would! My mates also love them and have bought some, lukily in different colours so we dont look like total nerds, the other colours are pretty good too for the boots. A very good buy!!
on 31 March 2017
Nice for yard
on 24 December 2013
These do the job well but are a job to get into as the upper/ankle area doesn't open up really - the laces are more decorative than anything. The sole is completely stiff so it takes a few minutes to get used to walking in them.
on 5 February 2013
Very comfy found other reviews helpful so I tuck the laces in so that they don't undo and got a size larger than usual. |The boots are warm and I tramped miles in the snow very safely. They were delivered on time
on 16 November 2013
From an extremely warm country, having to stay in the UK is absolutely unbearable because of the cold weather. This boots keep you warm, waterproof and is comfortable. I am a size 8, you don't need to buy a size bigger. Just choose the right size. Even with thick socks, it fits perfectly fine. Maybe I am not used to wearing boots, and needed time to accustom to it, is a little "draggy". Overall is a really good buy.
on 1 September 2012
I bought these as an emergency pair of boots as my trusted Berghaus boots had finally given up on me. I bought these purely as they were so cheap and also because of the rave reviews they had. They don't dissapoint! They really are strong and well made and extremely comfortable that I don't really need to look for a better boot just yet as these are perfect. They are snow boots, but I will wear them on rainy, muddy walks with the dog.
on 1 April 2015
Nice boot a bit difficult to get on tight around the carves
on 8 February 2014
was not impressed when I ordered this product expecting it to be in the post to find out that over a week later I get an email stating that they do not have it stock at the priced advertised for the black but I could have the brown for double the price, being so close to xmas I purchased the item. I would not buy from this seller again.
on 14 November 2014
Very comfortable and warm even in the Alps.