Price:£45.16 - £99.43

on 29 October 2010
In short : waterproof, snug and comfortable to wear, with a good grip. I was nervous about whether or not they'd fit me (I am a standard UK size 5) but they fitted me fine. Plus the length of the boot will allow you to tuck in skinny jeans and/or leggings if you want to keep them warm and dry. The toggle bit at the front is just a fancy bit of a fashion `frou frou' but can easily be adapted to be tucked out of the way. They do take a bit of getting used to putting on and taking off (due to the amount of lacing!) but all the better for giving you a good fit to your own foot/ankle. I would highly recommend these boots to anyone else looking to purchase a `proper' pair of walking shoes that will see them through the winter - and beyond.
on 9 January 2010
These boots arrived very quickly, within 48 hours of placing the order. They are so comfy and warm and excellent for walking in the snow and slush. My only warning, and it's a very mild one, would be that they are a bit of a snug size 7. I'm between a 6.5 and a 7 so they fit just right, but other than that they're brilliant.
on 22 December 2011
I only use comfortable shoes that fits perfectly, I don't like too small shoes where your toes are aching. I am size UK 6 and I ordered UK 6 and the shoes fit perfectly. I have a little bit wide feet and these boots are very comfy, they are not too tight! They are very warm but not slip proof. In fact, if there is ice on the road you cannot walk safely with these. I cannot use these boots in a climat like this one (northern Europe), because there is ice on the road almost the whole winter. These are good as long as there is no ice (= in the beginning and ending the winter season). I would advise precaution when purchasing these. There are lots of boots that are grip proof, but these are not! If you are searching a grip proof boots, these are not your choice.
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2009
Given the wintry conditions over the last couple of weeks, it's especially important to have footwear that can cope with a range of conditions, from torrential rain to deep snow. These boots are very warm, comfy and stylish. Highly recommended!
on 27 January 2011
My current pair of winter boots (not Hi-Tec), which I have had for 2 yrs and have worn all the way through two severe winters for walking, needed replacing. I chose these based on customer reviews which claim to have had no problem with sliding in icy conditions. I SLID ALL THE WAY DOWN MY DRIVE. My drive is sloped so I really need boots that have proper grip. These don't. I found walking my dog very precarious as everywhere we tried to walk was covered in several inches of thick ice. I have had to order slip on spikes. They are very warm and waterproof, but not slip proof. I would advise precaution when purchasing these.
on 7 December 2010
Delivery of the boots was expected on 3rd Dec, they actually arrived on 7th. However, as we had a foot of snow which only began to thaw at the weekend and major travel disruptions over the south-east I actually think that this was pretty good delivery!
The boots themselves - wow! these are serious boots! I can only give first impressions of course, hence the 4 stars, 'cos they only came today but first impressions are very good! I've had them on for the last hour or so and don't want to take them off. The insole is Thinsulate which is comfy and warm without making the foot over-heat, and the rest of the boot (i.e. the leg and foot) is fur-lined, very cosy.
The laces are very long and thick, which is great because it enables you to pull them in to perfect the fit. There's an extra lace too, near the top, which enables you to pull in the top of the boot to prevent rain/snow going inside.
The boots are described as waterproof, they feel very sturdy and have the most incredible rugged, 'non-slip' soles that feel thick and 'the business'. I'll be wearing them outside tomorrow, walking on the thick ice that still covers our pavements and residential roads so I'll let you know how the boots hold up compared to wellies. (My wellies have non-slip soles too, but wellies are cold and to be honest they are not all that non-slip on the ice).
I agree with previous reviewers regarding sizing - get a size bigger to your normal. My 'normal' is 5 or 5.5, so I got the 6 and it feels just right for length. Also, width - I have wide feet and usually buy E fitting shoes: the size 6 boots feel okay in the width for me but I don't think I'd want to wear socks - mind you, with all the fur-lining would you want to wear socks? If your feet are wider than mine they may feel a bit squeezed.
All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to wearing them out in the ice and snow - then I'll update this review to take that experience into account.

Update.
The boots have performed as well as expected. Thoroughly pleased with this purchase.
on 4 December 2010
These boots arrived from UK to Ireland within three days during the worst snowfall this year with most airports closed half the time, so brilliant delivery time. They fit perfectly, are really warm and comfy and I was able to go out in the icy conditions without slipping once. Best buy ever!
on 24 January 2010
When I first took the boots out of the box, I could not believe how light they were to pick up. They are a beautiful shade of chocolate brown , my favourite colour of brown. They sit just on the start of the calf muscle on the leg. Just perfect height for a snow boot.

The dark brown fur is soft and warm a nice cosy feature. The insulated layer in the boots mean they are very warm inside, and keep your feet warm and dry. They have a good grip sole. which gives you an good grip in the snow. They also give good support when walking, I only had one pair of normal cotton socks on. In my other boots I have to wear two maybe even three pairs of socks depending on how cold it was outside.

They are very stylish and classy boots, you could see many of the films stars wearing these boots in the very posh ski resorts. About town will do me just fine. I have had may compliments on these boots when I have had them on. And I would certainly buy another pair in another colour without hesitating.

Would highly recommend Five *****
on 10 January 2010
These boots are wonderful and pretty stylish too. They were a very superior replacement for my old boots and have kept my feet warm and dry in pretty harsh conditions. I would certainly recommend them.
on 7 January 2011
I originally bought these on impulse when the really bad snow started, but I now have 2 pairs - they are that good. I was slightly worried given the great price that they may not perform in extreme conditions, but I needn't have worried. They actually are water resistant / water proof (unlike snow joggers)and they are really warm, even in -15oC. The only part of me not frozen when waiting for my non exsitant train was my feet. I haven't had any problems with the size and bought my correct size. I still have room for 2 pairs of socks, even the big thick thermal socks. My mother in law was that impressed, she has bought a pair (she is a size 6 1/2 and my size 6 fitted her) and a woman on the train just asked me where I got them because they are really cute. I also haven't slid in the snow or ice with them as they have pretty decent grip. All in all, one of my very favourite purchases of all time. My mum wants them now too.