on 29 October 2010
In short : waterproof, snug and comfortable to wear, with a good grip. I was nervous about whether or not they'd fit me (I am a standard UK size 5) but they fitted me fine. Plus the length of the boot will allow you to tuck in skinny jeans and/or leggings if you want to keep them warm and dry. The toggle bit at the front is just a fancy bit of a fashion `frou frou' but can easily be adapted to be tucked out of the way. They do take a bit of getting used to putting on and taking off (due to the amount of lacing!) but all the better for giving you a good fit to your own foot/ankle. I would highly recommend these boots to anyone else looking to purchase a `proper' pair of walking shoes that will see them through the winter - and beyond.
on 22 October 2017
I must say, for £24.95 these boots are simply AMAAAAAAAAAAZING! 😀😀😀

PROS:
1) Incredibly warm, probably the warmest boots I've ever had, possibly even too warm for Scotland...well, I always fancied living in Sweden, maybe this is the time to move with my lovely new booties!
2) Sturdy as hell with a hard toe & heel bumper so your feet are well protected but still roomy inside for an insole, thick socks etc.
3) Good support around the foot (important for me as I wear orthotics).
4) Soles are wonderfully rugged and appear to be non-slip (will try to report back about this once I've used them).
5) Soles are also quite thick so you appear a little taller, means you are slightly elevated from the puddles and anyway, even if they turn out not to be waterproof, at this price I won't be complaining as they are still incredible cold weather boots (I've not had a chance to test their waterproofness as just bought them but again will try to report back after walking through a few puddles). Anyway I have sprayed them with Nikwax proofer for extra protection as I always do this with outdoorsy stuff.
7) They are wide so they will for most people's calves, I've got really fat legs and they fit me fine.
6) Last, but not least, they look really awesome 👍

**TO CLARIFY**
There is no actual tongue on these, they are basically shaped like wellies which means you pull them on and then you can tighten them using the laces, makes it a bit awkward to get them off again as you have to loosen laces first but this is a minor issue.

MINOR CONS:
1) There are 2 sets of laces: the long ones that adjust the tightness all the way up from your ankle to your calf + the single loop that goes around the top and has a toggle (I'm assuming this lace is purely for tightening the top to stop snow coming in). The main (longer laces) are far too long so, once tightened, you end up with these huge loops sticking out/hanging down) and the toggle lace is also far too long, hanging down and flapping about on top of the other laces, the result being that you end up with a messy effect because there is so much laces material everywhere!! SOLUTION: I've removed the toggle lace as my legs are quite fat so I don't need to tighten that area AND have ordered shorter laces to replace the main, long laces, which should results in just one, much neater looking bow ☺
2) They are a bit heavy but that's to be expected for foul weather boots, it may be a problem if walking 8 solid hours through snow in them as they may tire your legs but I think otherwise no problem.

POTENTIAL MAJOR CON:
This is not a problem for me as I wear orthotics & will wear thick socks too however these boots come up a full size too big! I am an 8 in most shoes, sometimes even an 8.5 (and I often buy a men's 7 or 7.5) and yet these supposed 8s are a full size bigger, I would say they'd easily fit a woman with size 9 feet or a man with size 8 feet (for those who are confused, a women's 8 = a men's 7).

SO, BEWARE THE SIZING AND IF YOUR FEET OVERHEAT EASILY THEN STEER CLEAR, OTHERWISE A SIMPLY FANTASTIC PURCHASE!
on 22 November 2016
These boots have lasted me 3 years now. Wore them through the snow in Norway and in the rain and everything. The exterior is still completely in tact and still looks brand new, however the inside has worn away quite a lot, especially near the heel. But over all very comfortable, snug and do their job wonderfully.
on 5 November 2017
Extremely comfortable great walking boots
on 7 July 2017
Nice boots. Warm and waterproof.
on 31 March 2017
Nice for yard
on 24 December 2013
These do the job well but are a job to get into as the upper/ankle area doesn't open up really - the laces are more decorative than anything. The sole is completely stiff so it takes a few minutes to get used to walking in them.
on 5 February 2013
Very comfy found other reviews helpful so I tuck the laces in so that they don't undo and got a size larger than usual. |The boots are warm and I tramped miles in the snow very safely. They were delivered on time
on 16 November 2013
From an extremely warm country, having to stay in the UK is absolutely unbearable because of the cold weather. This boots keep you warm, waterproof and is comfortable. I am a size 8, you don't need to buy a size bigger. Just choose the right size. Even with thick socks, it fits perfectly fine. Maybe I am not used to wearing boots, and needed time to accustom to it, is a little "draggy". Overall is a really good buy.
on 6 September 2017
blistered up my feet after a walk, gave them away, should have returned them before the walk

See one answered question