on 8 October 2013
A great little pair of pocket 10x25 binoculars from Visionary ideal for birdwatching, sightseeing or other nature pursuits. The Visionary 10x25 binoculars are well made, robust and sturdy. No plastic here! The binocular body is full metal covered in an attractive rubber armour. The binocular bridge (the part than joins the barrels and holds the focus wheel) is also made of metal. The Visionary 10x25 binoculars are guaranteed for 10 years against any manufacturing defects. A steal at £10 and well worth the money. Produces nice clear crisp views of close and far away objects. Great for viewing the birds around the bird table in your back garden! I have taken the time to check what the minimum focus or closest focus is with these Visionary 10x25 binoculars.
How close does an object have to be before it is impossible to focus on that object? I measured a distance of 10m / 30 feet from a back window overlooking a garden. A plant at 10m / 30 feet from the window can be seen in perfect focus.Grass at 5m / 15 feet can be seen in perfect focus.
Leaves on the ground from a back window at 3m / 9 feet can be seen in perfect focus. Although not scientific, I would say the minimum focusing distance for the Visionary 10x25 binoculars is somewhere around 2.5m - 3m / 6 - 7 - 9 feet. Anything closer than 2.5m - 3m /6 - 7 - 9 feet can not be focused on. So if what you want to focus on is somewhere from 7 to 30 feet / 2m - 10m AND beyond to INFINITY (moon, stars) from you, then you can focus on it / them with the Visionary 10x25 binoculars.

*The minimum focus distance varies with different binoculars and is not a fault.

In short, the Visionary 10x25 binoculars are ideal for birdwatching and general
use.

Highly recommended!!

Gardman Deluxe wild bird feeding station

The Dark Tourist: Sightseeing in the World's Most Unlikely Holiday Destinations
on 8 February 2014
I’ve tried a number of these cheap compact binoculars and although they all appear to be similar in construction, most are rubbish! You really do have to look THROUGH them not AT them. These visionaries surprised me in that they actually work! I bought them on the basis of previous reviews, not expecting too much; £12 seemed a reasonable punt. The optical quality compared fairly well with my Orion 12 x 50s although field of view and brightness were not as good; hardly surprising considering the size. Although I wouldn’t recommend them for serious birding or astronomy, they are ideal as a standby pair to keep in the car or rucksack and are cheap enough to carry anywhere without worry of damage or loss. I see the price seems to be creeping up now; perhaps not such a good buy for very long!
on 24 January 2013
I bought these to replace my 10 X 50 binoculars when the eyepiece broke off them,i have since superglued them so they are now fixed but i wanted a smaller pair to take fishing and birdwatching and to leave in the car,these are such good quality and the optics are very good,i would have given them 5 stars but they only focus at about 30 yards [closest] and at least 1000 yards [furthest distance] so i cannot use them for birdwathing in my back garden from the window as they are to close to focus on,if you want them for out and about birdwatching ect i would highly recommend them,the focus wheel is so smooth and they feel quality,they are covered in a green rubberised coating which makes them comfortable to hold,they come with a cleaning cloth and a velcro material case,i do'nt know what else to say except buy them.
on 28 March 2016
Bought these as a cheap pair to take on holidays as I didn't want to take my larger heavy pair. These are super lightweight, come with a nice carry case. They do the job perfectly, 10x magnification with a clear image, good for bird watching or checking out the landscape. Given the price you can buy these and know that if you do lose or break them they can be replaced cheap as chips. Binoculars are easy to focus and have a good range of adjustment.
on 27 March 2014
basically I wanted a small light cheap pair of binoculars for out on the fells and for the kids to use birdwatching in the garden. These are spot on for the price. Don't expect top end crystal glasses at this price, but they are still very usable and they fit in your coat pocket fine.
on 2 November 2013
if you close one of your eyes you can still see something . i think they're really good . small enough to carry with you on holiday at all times so that if anyone tries to mug you you can either give them a good hard ding with the binos or use them (the binos) to follow the miscreant as they think they disappear into the distance . clever huh?????? for these points and the price , i award the visionary a perfect score .
on 3 June 2013
Great binoculars, light and poweful perfect for bird watching and wildlife watching. I would highly reccomend these to any one who wants a pair of cheap and effective binoculars. Great quality and feel to them.
on 24 December 2013
For the price (around £10) those are fantastic binoculars.
I go to the theater regularly and they are great when you have a seat further away from the stage. They are fairly small, lightweight and come with a handy little pouch so you can carry them around in your bag if you wish. A small microfiber cloth to clean the lenses is also included as well as a cord to put them around the neck.
I would definitely recommend them!
on 13 March 2014
We bought these to watch the birds on our feeder in the garden from the kitchen and they are perfect for the job. They are compact (pocket) binoculars however they focus nicely and feel robust and sturdy as others have mentioned. Would definitely repurchase another pair as a gift! I have a lovely view of our beautiful blue tits now, happily pecking away on their nuts :)
on 17 August 2015
simply brilliant and as described. I wanted a pair of light weight binoculars to take with me on a trip to Sri Lanka as I knew I was going on a morning's safari. I didn't want to pay much as I knew I wouldn't use them much afterwards but wanted to be able to see the wild life. These were perfect and up to the job. They were exceptionally cheap, light weight so tucked into my ruck sack and the the vision was clear. My only regret is that I didn't buy a second pair for my husband as he kept pinching them off me!