on 1 October 2010
This is my second pair of these slippers (last one's lasted nearly two years). If you wear slippers a lot, like I do, this will be the best £40 you have ever spent! They never smell, they are soft and even though washing is not recommended, every so often I put them on a hand wash/delicate wash in a laundry bag and they come up beautifully.
on 8 September 2009
I bought a pair of these slippers nearly a year ago. True, they are not the cheapest around but I'm really glad I chose them. I usually wear out shoes within 6 minths and slippers sometimes don't last more than about 3months before they start to look tatty and worn. But these Emu's - wow! They have kept their shape (difficult with my feet), still look good and are so-o comfortable. I've worn them every day for the last 10 months so I'm not surprised that about a week ago the heel of the innersole began to show some wear.

I really hope they come back into stock soon, as I have a list of friends who want some for Christmas and I want to buy another pair to keep 'in stock' for me for when my own slippers finally fall apart - not for a long while by the looks of it!
on 6 January 2010
I ordered the Emu slippers after reading an excellent review on Amazon. I have not been disappointed! They are warm, cosy, attractive, very well made and it gives me much pleasure to wear them. I would recommend them abolutely.
on 21 February 2015
This product has fallen to pieces in less than 2 months. I bought them for my wife for Christmas and the upper has come away from the sole already. Also, the fluffy lining has already mostly worn away under the heel. Pretty bad for a £60 pair of slippers from a premium brand. Her previous Ugg pair (similar style, similar price) lasted 4 years and were it better condition when she threw them away. I would appreciate it if Amazon or the manufacturer could get in touch. Photos attached.
review image review image
on 15 January 2012
Inside sole of these have worn through on one slipper after only a couple of months. Not the quality I expected from all the hpye. Would not buy anything from this brand again.
on 16 November 2012
After wearing these slippers for only the last 3 or 4 weeks I have noticed that the inner sole is already beginning to wear. There is a bald patch under one heel.
I have never had this happen with other slippers. I am not hard on my footwear and usually wear slippers for years. I can't see these lasting through the winter.
In other respects they are great. Accurate sizing, very warm and very comfortable, but I would certainly have expected them to wear better than they have done - especially at this price. I am considering returning them for as refund.

EDIT TO ADD:

Well, I wish I had returned them. It is now early June and the slippers are going in the bin. The uppers show no signs of wear, neither do the soles, but the inner soles of the slippers are bare and very uncomfortable. I am reducing the star rating to the lowest possible. I find it shocking that a pair of slippers costing this much money - which is more than I pay for a pair of outdoor shoes, should wear so badly.

I did write to the makers but didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply. Needless to say, this is the first and last purchase of Emu footwear for me.
55 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2014
I replaced a pair of 14 year old shearling slippers I bought from LL Bean with these very expensive Emu ones. They lasted less than a year before the sole split, and the heel lining has warn away.

Very disappointed, as I am not hard on footwear at all (14 years = 1 pair of slippers!!)

would not recommend the price tag. but they are very snug with a good sole for popping outside if the ground is wet. But they won't last much longer than a winter or two.

If you are ok spending £60 for a pair of slippers (mine were £40 when I bought them from Amazon!) then go ahead! I think they are a waste of money!
on 3 April 2011
These are the best slippers I have ever owned.So warm and cosy.Charcoal is a good colour as doesn't appear to show marks.Would have another pair when and if they ever wear out!
on 10 January 2010
More sturdy than your standard slipper, these appear well-made and were well-received by the lady of the house.
on 14 February 2012
I love these slippers and wear them every day. Therein lies the rub. As it were. I've had them three months and while they're still keeping my feet warm and don't appear to have stretched, the sheepskin lining has worn away under my big toes and the balls of my feet.

I'm surprised there haven't been more people saying the same thing, but maybe other people have written their reviews soon after buying them. Or maybe it's just down to my big feet and enthusiastic embracement of the product.

I think it's a bit of a poor show for £49.99, and I - reluctantly - won't be investing in a new pair. Shame, as I do love them.