I doubt i'll be saying anything that hasn't already been said, but this product is basically the audio track of the film Evita. Anyone who's seen it will know it's one of those hardcore musicals where there's rarely a spoken line, so if you're a fan of the score this is perfect. I bought it so I didn't have to keep flicking through the dvd every time I wanted to listen to a song and consequently I now spend a ridiculous amount of time listening to 'Another Suitcase in Another Hall', 'Goodnight and Thank You' and 'Santa Evita', to name a few of my favourites. Madonna's vocals work perfectly and when removed from the visual absurdity of her beginning the film as a 15 year old, sound even better. Definitely a great purchase if you enjoy the songs of Evita as much as I do!
on 12 April 2012
madonna at her best. great voice the story of eva peron.music by andrew lloyed webber,well known songs what a circus or what a show,don't cry for me argentina great tunes at a great price i never did like madonna but after hearing her sing in this got to like her on a par with the original i liked this cd so much and got visions in my head i bought the film great to sing to.
on 15 June 2014
This is the ultimate soundtrack, bursting with incredible tunes, lyrics and non stop rhythms to sing along to. Tim Rice is one hell of a lyricist, and every single track is fantastic, from the gentle Latin chant in between "O What A Circus" and in "Santa Evita" to the soaring notes of "Buenos Aires", "Goodnight And Thank You", and many more. For such breathtaking and captivating music, I think I would have to honestly rate the entire album, and, of course, the film, even higher than five stars; the name of "Evita" is just enormous, as is Madonna's, and she sings the part perfectly, and both Jonathan Pryce and Antonio Banderas are amazing. Jimmy Nail's tracks of "On This Night Of A Thousand Stars" and "Eva Beware Of The City" are brilliant, and how can you forget the tune of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"? I am positively thrilled to finally own this two disc Original Soundtrack, it is just splendid! I am a huge fan of "Evita", I own the film and have seen the play, and am very happy with this purchase. It arrived really quickly, as ordered, and in tiptop condition, and comes with a little booklet that contains a good number of black and white pictures of Eva Peron and others from the film. For people who may not listen to Madonna's own music, this is also a great way to listen to her singing big stage numbers, something she certainly wasn't used to before she took the role of "Evita". As she herself has said, "I am prouder of Evita than anything else I have done". With this album, I am pleased to say that she is a firm favourite of mine.
on 10 February 2009
I was disappointed when I bought the original soundtrack album because so much was missing. I was going to record the dvd sound to my mp3 player - now I don't have to!
on 6 June 2015
I saw "Evita" on the London stage for the first time with Elaine Paige in the lead role, and naturally, bought that album. And a fine album it was too. But for me, the film some years later was even more magical and this, the original soundtrack something else altogether. However, buyer beware, The songs from the movie have been released twice in two different studio recordings but if you want to hear them exactly as you heard them in the cinema - this is the CD to go for. It contains everything from the film, and the sound quality is outstanding. Although purists might argue - I still think that Evita is Andrew Lloyd Webber's greatest work.
on 24 March 2013
I love Julie Covington and Elaine Paige and all the other divas that have sung the wonderful songs in this musical, Madonna haters have run this work into the ground. She really doesn't deserve it. I really love this album I like to play it when I have nothing to do and I can just listen to it all. The only thing better is watching the film
on 26 November 2013
This was purchased for my partner after going to see evita at our local theatre she is very pleased with it certainly on the ordinary equipment used for playing this cd she is happy with the quality of the recording.
on 25 October 2013
This may sound a bit morbid, but my late wife liked musicals and I wanted "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" to be part of the music at her funeral. Clearly I needed to remind myself that it really would be appropriate so bought this CD. As it happened it was perfect.
on 26 May 2012
Madonna sounds brilliant on this recording, and acted and looked awesome in the film! A must have for any Madonna fan or cinema lover!
on 31 July 2009
This sound track is wonderful - really conjours up the spirit of the film / musical.