Format: DVD|Change

on 11 August 2012
Classic list of Hip Hop artists captured here on the "Up in Smoke Tour", the concert is excellent and im sure this would have been one concert many of you just like me wish you could have been at. There are 2 flaws here that kinda knock off the 5th star for me and thats the annoying camera angles throughout the concert and the dubbed crowd cheering thats fairly continuous throughout the show. Im sure the noise would have been emense but im quite sure the ambiance is dubbed considerably.

Nonetheless some absolute classic songs performed here from the likes of Xizbit, Eminem, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, D12, Ice Cube and more and excellent backstage footage throughout.

Its essential if you loved Hip Hop in the 90s and early 2000s
on 27 November 2012
If you are a Hip Hop lover this is one of the best Tour DVDs out there. It features some of the greatest (Alive to that date.) It contains Explicit content, but all the great stuff does. With flawless interaction between crowd and performer, This is an example of how these rappers set the bench mark for all that follow- a classic for the collector and the Hip Hop lovers across the globe.
on 30 July 2014
I own this on VHS, and as a result have not watched it for some time. When I saw it on DVD I could not resist the purchase. It certainly has aged well (bear in mind this is 14 years old!). It brought back many happy hazy memories from my youth.
The highlight for me has to be the Eminem set. The tracks he performs are from his MMLP, undeniably his best work. Amongst other highlights are Dre and Snoop taking out some bangers in the mini movie prior to their entry to the stage.
If you like hip hop/rap cop this.
on 27 December 2013
I chose this rating because it was really for my son, not me and it was only bought because I had to make up my purchase to £10 on the "free delivery" option products because of Amazons stupid "over £10 rule they have. I looked afterwards and I could have gotten the original product with free postage if I had just looked. But anyway, the DVD isn't too bad so i'll keep my annoyance of Amazon to myself.
on 2 November 2009
Great DVD, with performances from Eminem, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg & Ice Cube.

Each performance is amazing, but its Eminem who really steals the show.

A definate purchase for any fan of the above.
on 27 December 2011
It's a great show, but it's mystery to me why nobody rate down the show for the super bad sound quality. The mix i totally wrong in my opinion, especially if you have a home cinema system. It's like the production is recorded only from what you hear, if you were in the audience and clearly not in the front row. No direct line in from the microphones and all too much noise from the happy crowd. Really a sad chose and I will not watch this show more than once. Must seek better concerts, a shame that this dvd will go up in smoke for my account.
on 2 January 2012
this DVD is absolutly awsome. Its is astonishing value for money,and youd be a fool to not to buy this product. the music on this is incredibal quality, and iv had my use out of it within a month of having. it is an oustanding buy. Go on do it, you know you want to. UP IN SMOKE TOUR FOR THE WIN,, i love it!
on 4 February 2011
If you like dre, snoop, eminem or ice cube even the tiniest bit this DVD is definitely worth watching.

As a production, this tour was incredible, and I think for most of them (exc eminem) this was around the peak of their career. The intro before dre and snoop come on stage (the liquor store) is on it's on worth the price of the DVD for me!

My only gripe is that I wasn't at one of the concerts in person!
on 11 May 2011
This DVD is absolutley amazing. I bought it originally in 2001 but lost it over the years and recently bought it again. For me it is when Dre, Snoop, Eminem etc, were at their best, which is reflected in both their performance on stage and the list of songs they perform. BUY IT NOW.....
on 14 May 2011
I bought this dvd being an eminem and dr dre fan. Dvd was good and performances was perfect. Managed to experience Ice Cube for the first time as well as experience more of snoop dogg.