Size: 33 H x 24 W x 5 D cm|Change

on 30 April 2016
I purchased this for my 2 year old daughter who loves imaginary play. Like other Melissa and Doug toys we own, it comes in an open box. As a parent I find that frustrating, as inevitably the contents get spilled or separated.

My little girl loves making us sandwiches with this set. It’s easy for her to stick the Velcro together and she is able to make lots of different combinations thanks to the large number of parts this has. It keeps her occupied for reasonably long periods of time and it’s something she will happily play with independently as well as with me and her dad.

My daughter finds it hard to cut through the Velcro herself to ‘slice’ the bread or the bun, but can do it with help. I am aware that she is under the recommended age of 3 years for this toy, so she may find it easier once she is older.

Being wood, the set is durable and should stand the test of time, however I was surprised that the finish on a few of the pieces is not as good as I have come to expect from Melissa and Doug. Some of them are slightly rough to the touch and the colours are a bit off – the ham in our set for example is bright orange and looks no different to the cheese! My daughter doesn’t seem to notice though, so I would still recommend this.
on 15 September 2016
I had a friend who's 2yr old child had a food cutting set, and I was skeptical of whether my 2 years old daughter would also like it. I picked Melissa and Doug's set b/c their quality is always excellent, and I am again impressed with the craftsmanship and detail of this set. I am also pleasantly surprised to find that of all the expensive electronic gifts my 2 years got for her birthday, this has turned out to be her favorite toy!!!! It keeps her entertained for quite a while, and is great for parent/child play together. I only wish it came with more pieces, as I run out of combinations of sandwiches to make for her (but she definitely doesn't seem to mind, she just keeps cutting!) Excellent for hand-eye and fine motor coordination, educational (verbal, counting, colors, etc) skills, and withstands a significant toddler beating. Also handy to have the storage box for clean-up. I also strongly recommend Melissa and Doug's food cutting set, which makes a nice coordinated set with this one, and increases the educational value and variety (for mommy who seems to get bored more quickly than my daughter!)
on 19 February 2016
My son loves an app on the iPhone where he makes burgers, so when I saw this I couldnt resist buying it for him. His face when he saw the item was amazing. He loves pretending hes making sandwiches and asks everyone whats they want in theirs. There are small velcro pads in the centre of the ingredients which help to keep it all together.

However - I have a few small issues.
Value - If the set contained twice as much stuff, or was about half the price, I would have given this 5 stars, however it seems a tad expensive - but as I said, my little one loves it so I'm happy to pay a bit more.
Velcro - The velcro pads, as with any other, gradually pick up fluff etc and ultimately degrade in their ability to stick. I imagine I'll end up trying to replace them with new ones at some point in the near future.
on 21 January 2016
Having other toys from the same brand at home, I expected a certain level of quality when ordering this set. I couldn't believe how poor it was when it arrived: glue spilling over from the velcro, small chips in the paint, flaking paint, paint marks, light scratches, glue marks elsewhere on the toys (photos uploaded). I realise that after a few hours with my toddler it would not look great, but on arrival I'd at least expect it to look new and well made for the price this costs (if it hadn't been wrapped in its original packaging, I'd have thought it had been played with and sent back!). Really disappointed; I won't be buying from Melissa & Doug again. Have returned the set.
on 13 April 2016
Couldn't recommend Melissa and doug enough, paint wears off a bit after heavy use but that is expected I suppose. Check the glue and velcro is ok as ours weren't, contacted Melissa and Doug directly and they replaced them (need codes on the box for this so don't throw away)!
on 30 December 2016
Bought for my 3 year old niece and she loves playing with it.
It's good for little ones for imaginative play.
However, there is on piece of the sandwich filling which I've yet to identify!
It's well made and I'm hoping the velcro that holds the pieces together don't come off with persistent use.
on 15 December 2016
My 2 year old son has had hours of fun with this sandwich making kit-

Be it if he's making a sandwich for me or pretending that his toy dinosaur is having a picnic he just really enjoys this toy.

The quality is extremely good- easy to handle, and fun
on 29 December 2015
this is a lovely set for the kids to use when pretending to cook etc i bought this to go along side my sons kitchen . the pieces stick together well with velcro they are really well made they all come in a little wooden crate type box there is no lid however this does not bother me as it is stored in my sons wooden kitchen when not in use
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2016
Lovely, sturdy wooden pieces to makes sandwiches with. It does say 3+ on the pack but I have bought it for a 2 year old. I can't see the problem as the pieces seem too big to fit in mouth. Will be used under supervision anyway. A really nice set and with the discount, a very good buy. Delivery was fast.
on 12 January 2017
Great quality as always. I purchased a number of Melissa & Doug products for my little boys shop. He loves making the made to order sandwiches.
If he keeps going back to something, then it gets 5⭐️ from me.