Size: 33 H x 24 W x 5 D cm|Style: Sandwich Making Set|Change

on 5 July 2010
We are equipping a garden playhouse with wooden toy version of household equipment and this Sandwich making selection is substantial and the grandchildren love it. We recommend it for imaginative kids of all ages including the 65+.
on 1 September 2010
I purchased this toy for the nursery I work in and it has been a great hit in the role play corner. Plenty of opportunity for pretend play, for sharing, counting and language. I must add that delivery was fantastic, I ordered it one afternoon and it was here the next morning at 9 a.m., well-packaged. I will seeking out more of their products.
on 13 January 2010
Having had a kitchen set for her birthday, my daughter had this to go with it & she loves making sandwhiches for her toys.(Bit strange cutting a burger to deconstruct it though). She also has the Melissa & Doug vegetable & bread set which she plays with more & comes with a cutting board. Nice quality wooden toys, but both could really do with a lid for storage
on 12 December 2012
I was inspired to get this for a four year and a seven year old, purely on the basis of it looking nice in the picture (and making me feel hungry, but that's quite beside the point). As it turns out, the toy has been extremely popular - although that has more to do with the little ones' experiences in a certain sandwich-shop franchise than anything to do with Melissa and Doug's creative expertise.

It was when they asked me if I wanted 'Italian bread' that I started to get the feeling this toy had moved on to a whole new level. When the two girls lined up side by side and interrogated me in a smiling but ruthlessly efficient manner what fillings I wanted in my sandwich I was almost sure I knew what their influences might have been. When they relieved me of my money, gave me an empty cup and pointed me in the direction of the cold tap I was absolutely positive of it. So, what does this tell me?

1. This toy inspires immense creative play, as well as being well made and quite delightful to play with. The little Velcro pads that fix each ingredient to the next are, in my opinion, quite tough to pull apart though. Then again, I'm the sort of sensitive soul who cries for whoever is voted off of 'X-Factor' each week.

2. The commercial influences on our children are insidious and ought to be watched rather carefully.

3. Age is no barrier to opening up a multi-national sandwich-shop franchise.

4. I'm still hungry. I wonder if my little relatives' shop is still open...?
on 26 July 2010
I bought this for my 2 year old son & he loves it. Great role play toy for language skills & he enjoys sharing it with his 6 year old sister. Well made & durable too. Good value for money
on 27 April 2012
Quality of Melissa and Doug items are generally good, but this item was poor. Came with chipped paint and excessive glue around the velcro inserts.
on 15 January 2011
I bought this for my 3-year-old niece for Christmas and she loves it. The pieces are solid painted wood and have Velcro to stick them together. You also get a wooden 'knife' to cut the pieces apart. It's fun, good for co-ordination and helps children learn about food. My niece also has other toys from this collection.
Bought this for my nephew's 3rd birthday as he's started playing shop and pretending to cook/prepare food.

I've bought quite a few Melissa+Doug toys for him now and find them to be spot on. There's 16 pieces to this sandwich making set which comprise of. . .

1 knife
1 x burger bun (top+ bottom)
4x slices of bread
1x beef burger
1x ham
1x egg
2x cheese
2x lettuce
2x tomato
1x green pepper

These all come in a sturdy wooden.box but as others have said, there's no lid!?

As the parts of the sandwich are put together the whole thing is held together by a central velcro piece on each part. So your child can move it without it falling to bits.

The items are easily identifiable being the correct colour and shape. Plenty of scope here for learning food groups, names, colours, counting, food preparation and healthy eating.

This is a really nice set which will take a few knocks and last a long time.

Just need to find a beer and kebab one now for my lad. He's big! :)
on 30 April 2016
I purchased this for my 2 year old daughter who loves imaginary play. Like other Melissa and Doug toys we own, it comes in an open box. As a parent I find that frustrating, as inevitably the contents get spilled or separated.

My little girl loves making us sandwiches with this set. It’s easy for her to stick the Velcro together and she is able to make lots of different combinations thanks to the large number of parts this has. It keeps her occupied for reasonably long periods of time and it’s something she will happily play with independently as well as with me and her dad.

My daughter finds it hard to cut through the Velcro herself to ‘slice’ the bread or the bun, but can do it with help. I am aware that she is under the recommended age of 3 years for this toy, so she may find it easier once she is older.

Being wood, the set is durable and should stand the test of time, however I was surprised that the finish on a few of the pieces is not as good as I have come to expect from Melissa and Doug. Some of them are slightly rough to the touch and the colours are a bit off – the ham in our set for example is bright orange and looks no different to the cheese! My daughter doesn’t seem to notice though, so I would still recommend this.
on 13 April 2016
Couldn't recommend Melissa and doug enough, paint wears off a bit after heavy use but that is expected I suppose. Check the glue and velcro is ok as ours weren't, contacted Melissa and Doug directly and they replaced them (need codes on the box for this so don't throw away)!

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling