1,274
Colour: Green|Change
Price:£21.58+ Free shipping

on 28 August 2009
Fantastic - I decided to get this for my 14 month old daughter last week - she was asleep when i got it and she was given it once I had uploaded her name, favourite colour, animal and food, so we have a song about a pink monkey that eats chocolate! and a few tunes she knows - she was delighted with it. She has mastered the controls on the paws - even though she turns violet on and off every so often. The bedtime tunes are very soothing and can be set for 2,5 and 10 minutes, violet's collar light doesn't flash whilst in this mode.

Violet is also nice and soft and cuddly.

Violet is a very polite puppy too, she says please,thank you and may I

I'm sure violet will become a firm favourite - certainly makes my little sweetie smile lots
on 6 December 2009
I bought this for my son and am so impressed with it.

Very easy and quite quick to connect to computer and personalise.
Step by step instructions (if like me your not very computer literate ) which makes it a breeze.He is Lovely and soft with such a cute voice.

One of the things i love about it is..... its got an ENGLISH speaking voice.Having added my sons name, favourite food and colour this cute little puppy says his name several times and in different contexts.....even spells it !!Sings songs with your childs name included, Says he his hungry and asks for whatever you put as your childs favourite food etc

Great value for money,no hesitation in recommending this ingenious toy from Leapfrog...................... Buy buy buy !!!
on 8 December 2015
This is not the version described. From 2014 onwards it cannot be connected to the leapfrog connect app and songs aren't customisable. There is also no hug button. The voice for the child's name is different to Violet's.
on 22 May 2010
This is an excellent toy, I would highly recommend it, easy to use for little fingers and lot's of fun, your little one will be singing along with the puppy and learn new words.
i haven't opened it yet but looking through the wrapper i can see it all works and it is very good quality i have just found out my little 6 month old niece loves it and i know it speaks and plays music and things but she has never said that it is annoying but that is what you expect when you have a baby i suppose
it is also still still in one piece because the stitching is top quality but don't know why it is called a leap frog because of course it looks like a puppy dog to me
review image review image
on 26 June 2010
First thing I noticed when I started taking the pup out the box was how soft it was. The name tag on the dog lights up red constantly making it really attractive to look at. Downloading my niece's name was easy as well as downloading her favourite food and pet etc.

The website you download these updates from is really easy to use and has a good simple interface.

When the pup speaks it incorporates your baby's name into the preset conversations and it does catch the attention of the said baby - in this case, my niece, Olivia. The dog has a nice funny, almost cartoonish, bark every so often and is not at all annoying and is at a good volume level.

If it was three times the price you would probably not complain of your purchase, but at the price it is you will be very happy with it and your baby will love it for years to come.
on 8 December 2013
A family friend gave my daughter this for her 1st birthday. She loves it. There is a night time setting with gentle music on a timer that I put on every night after story time. It settles her to sleep. The personalised messages and songs always brings a smile to her face. She's now 16 months and still adores it.
on 14 March 2015
I am sure this product is great for most children but it is so disappointing that it doesn't list my daughters name when this is such a big part of the product. My daughter is called Tabitha and although this is not that common it is still in the top 100 girls names and there are far more obscure ones catered for. Disappointing
on 27 January 2016
Violet is such a good toy. You can add info to her online, we managed to programme her to call our daughter by her name and my daughter still loves that she can do that. The music is great. Batteries last really well and the sleep mode is perfect for bedtime. Lovely Toy and lovely gift. I bought scout for our nephew and he loves it. Hopefully will be the same pal to him as she was for our daughter. Over a year on and my daughter still plays with her. Fabulous product. Thank you very much and speedy delivery :)
on 18 March 2016
its such a shame these have been discontinued, my Twins love them and wont go to sleep without them, hilariously my son uses the accent of Violet when he says my Daughters name and it is so cute hopefully its just a phase and not permanent scarring ......Very well made and battery life is Amazing as I said my Twins have them all night and at 2 years old use them all the time. I cant even remember if I charge them or they are batteries.