Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 30 July 2017
The summer time in UK can be very humid and sitting in a small room with a computer running all day can get very uncomfortable so I decided to buy this Honeywell Turbo fan. I've been using it for just over a year now and its still going strong, its well made and has survived a few falls from about 3ft high.
To turn it on there is a switch on the back which has 3 different fan speeds. The switch can be very difficult to access depending how you place the fan and I really think they should have positioned it at the front of the fan. On full speed the fan can put out a good amount of air but I would have thought it would be more considering the size of the unit and if its more than about 5 feet away from you it's hard to even notice its on besides the sound which by the way is SO LOUD! I have a 5.1 cinema system and when I turn this fan on it completely drowns everything out and I have to turn the speakers up to neighbor disturbing levels just to hear vocals in movies or music.
On the slower speeds its not as bad but still pretty loud and less air is pushed out but its nice if the fan is only a couple of feet away.
The fan can tilt backwards too which is nice if the fan is placed low however if the fan is placed up high it cannot be tilted down which is quite annoying.
So to sum it up I would say if you want a fan that will be positioned within a few feet at your level or below you and the loud noise wont bother you then its a good fan despite the poorly located on/off switch.
on 10 July 2017
Preemptively bought it in February, but started using it in June. Lasted only 1 month, died on me a couple days ago. I spent more than I usually would on a fan in the hopes that i' d get a few years out of it at least, but I didn't even get a summer out of it. Worked well before it broke, to the point where I recommended it, but if it breaks after a month of use, no matter how good it was, I simply cannot recommend it any more, in fact I would advise against it :'(
on 28 August 2017
This packs a lot of punch for its size and the noise is really just the whoosh of the air, rather than a motor you can hear.

It is frustrating though, that the first option when you turn it on is maximum power, as to turn it off in the middle of the night, you have to switch through the medium and high settings first and that noise tends to wake my partner up. Best option is to wire in an in-line power switch, or turn off at the socket.

The angles on the mounting mechanism also only go one way - you can't tilt down, which limited my mounting options.
on 27 June 2017
I bought a tower fan at the same time as this , and its quieter than the turbo fan. There is a decent airflow , but theres an annoying hum from the motor which naturally increases in pitch as you inceased the power. Disappointing - I sent it back. Definitely not the "25% quieter " marketing thats displayed on the box.
on 8 August 2017
I needed a fan that I could put in the corner of a loft bed as there is no space for a shelf for a desktop fan. This fan fit in the corner nice and tight and I was able to fix the Base of the fan to the bars of the bed. It's safe cos the mesh in front of the blades are very small so nothing can get into the fan while it's on. Light weight too... Plus high setting blow air very fast and it's more slight then you're desktop fans. So recommend it
on 1 October 2017
arrived quickly. purchased 2 for office use. very happy as so compact compared to most fans, uses up less space and very adjustable - no more cold air blowing directly on to us causing draught aches and pains. we chose this product partly because known make and good price but also after reading answers to questions section. had the office in stitches just reading answers to first question.
on 20 July 2017
Ok, so the 'power' of the 'breeze' is absolutely disgraceful I'm afraid. This is not a distasteful review as the product came fast, in perfect condition as expected. Yet the fan itself is so loud, and does not seem to do much of what you would expect from a fan. Please buy this product if you like a drumming sound and being hot.
on 1 October 2017
This fan is small yet moves a good amount of airflow. When using a turbo trainer I place the fan on top of an ironing board and in front of the bike. I use the lowest 2 settings for a moderate session and I don't find the fan that noisy (mostly wind noise from the airflow). I'll put the fan onto the highest setting for a hard climb up Watopia Mountain. It's made using a indoor turbo trainer much more bearable. My only slight criticism is that the airflow comes out at a narrow angle, but positioned directly in front of you, it's not a problem. Ride on!
on 14 July 2017
The fan is very loud, even on the lowest setting. In fact, the lowest setting seems to be the loudest for some reason. The dial itself is badly designed, it goes from power off to max level, and then down from there; instead of starting a the lowest level and increasing. I wanted to return the fan, but my printer died so I couldn't print a return label. Now I'm stuck with the fan. What a waste of money.
on 4 October 2017
Good strength, base is a little large and has limited direction. It doesn't aim down, it's straight ahead and upward angles only. If you are below it like most beds, you'd have to hang it upside down. Far from silent. ( But I like that, helps me sleep!)